Doyel: Yankees should have bought bridge ... to Rivera

JetNation

These people freaking out can go f-themselves

Did you expect the Angels to roll over?

If rain pushes this to Sunday, CC is going to end this Sunday. If rain doesn't come, no matter. Pettitte will be okay and the Angels will go to Hell anyway saturday night.

If rain pushes this to Sunday, CC is going to end this Sunday. If rain doesn't come, no matter. Pettitte will be okay and the Angels will go to Hell anyway saturday night.

For ****s and giggles you should read that other board

They have already lost this series, and are retooling for next year:rl:

Gregg Doyel is probably the dumbest sportswriter in America. One bad inning and you're not good enough. Nice sample size Greg! (I'm not giving him the satisfaction of writing two g's...no Greg should have two g's...just unnecessary.)

Hmmm...what's more telling Greg? 1.40 ERA over 51 innings, or a 9.00 ERA in one inning? Good job there!

It's also not his fault that Clueless Joe (yes, I'm hopping on the bandwagon, Bob) left Burnett in there to start the inning. Poor.

The sports media in New York and in Boston suck...nothing sells newspapers and generates website hits like a negative column predicting doom and gloom. People in the northeast have a reputation for being rude azzholes. There is a reason or that.

Anyway, one bad game and the dude stinks now? The writer must be a Jets fan ;)

I still think we win tomorrow. That does not change the fact that Clueless Joe has made HORRIBLE pitching moves.

This team is SO loaded, it's Girardi-proof over the course of a 162-game season. In a short series, not so much.

My gut reaction when I saw Burnett go out for the 7th was "WTF is he doing out there ?"

So yeah I thought not going to the pen in that spot was a bad move, eventhough we all pretty much crucified him for overusing the bullpen in game 3.

To me this should have been Joba and or Hughes in the 7th with Mo taking the 8th and the 9th. You have an off day you might was well get the two innings out of Mo and close this thing out.

There is no way the Angels are winning two games in the Bronx though. That miracle happened 5 years ago and it is not happening again. Big difference between sending Pettitte and CC out for game 6 and 7 compared to Lieber and Kevin Brown.

My gut reaction when I saw Burnett go out for the 7th was "WTF is he doing out there ?"

So yeah I thought not going to the pen in that spot was a bad move, eventhough we all pretty much crucified him for overusing the bullpen in game 3.

To me this should have been Joba and or Hughes in the 7th with Mo taking the 8th and the 9th. You have an off day you might was well get the two innings out of Mo and close this thing out.

There is no way the Angels are winning two games in the Bronx though. That miracle happened 5 years ago and it is not happening again. Big difference between sending Pettitte and CC out for game 6 and 7 compared to Lieber and Kevin Brown.

well if yanks do not win tomorrow

CC vs Phils is 2 games

Lee could go 3

Archived