***OFFICIAL 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME THREAD- Philadelphia Phillies v NY Yankees***

Vudu

Should Girardi have started Gaudin?

The more I think about it, the more I think he should have. Almost as a throw away game to take us home and have AJ and Pettite on 4 days rest.

Still got CC for game 7 vs Hamels, if it comes down to it. But it could be one of those mistakes that costs us 3 games as appose to 1.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This lineup is awful. ARod is going to get the Barry Bonds treatment tonight.

AJ has to pitch out of his mind tonight for the Yankees to win.

What happens if he loses?

Game 6? Andy P on short rest?

This could be a disaster if it does not work, and Lee is facing a lineup at least 30% worse then the one he shut down in game 1.

I would have gone with Gaudin tonight, and kept Posada in the lineup.

Then we could have had AJ on full rest in game 6 if necessary, and Pettite available on full rest in game 7 or CC on short rest.

Why is Joe G, treating this like a put away or must win game instead of a free game?

Why pitch AJ on the road and lose both Posada and Matsui, in a game we don't need and when Melky is out.

I doubt they pitch to A-rod all game now.

FWIW I look Girardi's move with the rotation. This isn't a throw away game. You don't concede anything. Win or lose I like the balls to the wall approach.

Thats was my approach too, but I was starting to have second thoughts. We'll see.

I'm going to look like a second-guesser here, but I think a lot of people though this before.

Starting AJ on three days rest: DUMB.

Dumb move period. He shouldve started Gaudin and used Burnett @ Home.

Archived