Anyone Live In Queens?

New York Mick

I was wondering if you could tell me how it was around 69th St in Flushing, I have a business opportunity in the area and want to know if the area is changing for the worse or is it still an OK area and how the job rates in the area are a lot of people out of work or are they still going out and spending money?

Thanks

Between the LIE and Queens Blvd

So, that's not really Flushing, but Woodside. I used to live in Maspeth, not too far from there, and would regularly get mail with a Flushing address, though.

It would depend on what type of business opportunity, but it certainly wasn't a horrible area last time I passed through.

So, that's not really Flushing, but Woodside. I used to live in Maspeth, not too far from there, and would regularly get mail with a Flushing address, though.

It would depend on what type of business opportunity, but it certainly wasn't a horrible area last time I passed through.

I thought Woodside was West of the BQ Expressway? This is South East of it.

You're the one that posted a picture of hotdogs and said subs. You could have posted the same picture of The King Of Queens and said a hotdog shop.

Anyway I need info not jabajaba or however you spell it.

her likes subs more, meatball to be exact cause scenes were funny when he spilled sauce and got caught by wife..no sub images though..try and keep up ;)

some real info,,I hear its a good area for a Glory Hole..

Some of the JN mods are looking for work.....

I thought Woodside was West of the BQ Expressway? This is South East of it.

I misread the original post and thought you were talking about the area between Queens Blvd and the BQE, which is the eastern end of Woodside.

You're talking about a pretty long stretch of area on 69th St between the LIE and Queens Blvd. The area closest to Queens Blvd is technically still Woodside and the rest of it heading south toward the LIE is Maspeth. Do you have a better idea of the cross street? Is it an existing bar?

I used to live off 74th St near there, so I'm familiar with the area - or at least how it used to be. PM me the info if you don't want to post it here...

I misread the original post and thought you were talking about the area between Queens Blvd and the BQE, which is the eastern end of Woodside.

You're talking about a pretty long stretch of area on 69th St between the LIE and Queens Blvd. The area closest to Queens Blvd is technically still Woodside and the rest of it heading south toward the LIE is Maspeth. Do you have a better idea of the cross street? Is it an existing bar?

I used to live off 74th St near there, so I'm familiar with the area - or at least how it used to be. PM me the info if you don't want to post it here...

I was wonder more about the general area right around 69th and the LIE. I'm not sure what the address is, the other guy is taking care of that part. I need to know what type of crowd the bar will get so I can give him an idea of what to do and how much rent is in the area. I looked at a few places online and it's about the same as Ft Lauderdale ($1200ish). A friend that use to live up there a few years ago said there's a lot of Irish bars and it's mostly working class I was just wondering if it changed and if people still have jobs because so many people have lost theirs.

To you other ****heads thinks for the help.

I was wonder more about the general area right around 69th and the LIE. I'm not sure what the address is, the other guy is taking care of that part. I need to know what type of crowd the bar will get so I can give him an idea of what to do and how much rent is in the area. I looked at a few places online and it's about the same as Ft Lauderdale ($1200ish). A friend that use to live up there a few years ago said there's a lot of Irish bars and it's mostly working class I was just wondering if it changed and if people still have jobs because so many people have lost theirs.

I can't speak to the employment situation, but yes, the bars are mostly Irish - Paddy Quinn's (used to be The Fenian) on 69th St, Burke's on Grand Ave, Connolly's Corner on Grand Ave, etc. It's a traditionally Irish and Italian neighborhood in that area and hasn't changed too much in that regard. As you head south on 69th St, it's more Eastern European (Polish, Lithuanian, etc).

That area is pretty busy if it's near Grand Avenue, which is just north of where the LIE passes under 69th St (where it turns into Flushing Ave). Though, I'd have to think that you're more likely to be catering to a bunch of old skells than a hip, young crowd over there.

I can't speak to the employment situation, but yes, the bars are mostly Irish - Paddy Quinn's (used to be The Fenian) on 69th St, Burke's on Grand Ave, Connolly's Corner on Grand Ave, etc. It's a traditionally Irish and Italian neighborhood in that area and hasn't changed too much in that regard. As you head south on 69th St, it's more Eastern European (Polish, Lithuanian, etc).

That area is pretty busy if it's near Grand Avenue, which is just north of where the LIE passes under 69th St (where it turns into Flushing Ave). Though, I'd have to think that you're more likely to be catering to a bunch of old skells than a hip, young crowd over there.

Old skells are good they drink, spend money and don't start trouble. I'll of course have half naked girls serving the drinks and dancing on something. First thing I asked is if the ceiling was high enough for the bartenders to dance on the bar but it's not so I have to figure out something else or hire a midget :)

To you other ****heads thinks for the help.

LOL, well if you were looking into an airline business my post could have been helpful.

Old skells are good they drink, spend money and don't start trouble. I'll of course have half naked girls serving the drinks and dancing on something. First thing I asked is if the ceiling was high enough for the bartenders to dance on the bar but it's not so I have to figure out something else or hire a midget :)

Midget go-go dancers or latino go-go should be profitable in that area. Have some Jets gameday specials. Queens has alot of Jets fans. Good Luck if im ever in the area I will stop in.......:cheers:

Archived