The NBA sucks because of these 2 scrubs

Jetsfan_always

Is there a bigger example of how talentless the NBA has become than the presence of Varejao and Kenyon Martin playing in it?

Martin has one skill, dunking, and watching him shoot from further than 6 feet from the basket is just painful...

Varejao, well if there is a bigger turd in this league, someone please point them out.

I know the league has changed, where athleticism is valued over skill, which is why players with minimal basketball skill like amare stoudamire and shawn marion are considered "talent", but Varejao is just a piece of total garbage. He doesn't even move well, and watching him play is just grating to the eye. Its like his role is to hit more talented players and interfere with the quality of the game.

The league would be a better place without them, and you can add Chris Anderson as well, a bum with far more tattoos than skill...

Before players were allowed to palm the ball around 1980 the best offensive system was the motion offense, you get the ball and you have three seconds to pass, drive or shoot. In this system all five players have to be able to shoot, pass and dribble and make decisions. Meaning all five have to be basketball players.

After palming was allowed the best offensive system is the four and one. You have a point guard who does all the ball handling and four others who don't. The four and one lets you use people with size, strength and quickness but no decision making ability or skill. It concentrates in just one player what used to be spread out among all five players.

Anyway, if you want to go back to old time basketball you have to outlaw palming the ball. This makes moving the ball around by dribbling less effective and so you switch to passing the ball around instead. Meaning the motion offense.

/lecture

Kenyon Martin is one of my most hated players in the league, and it's not because he's good. It's the fact that he thinks he's one of the best players in the league when he's really not.

I'll add J.R. Smith, Eddie House, and Paul Pierce to the list.

The NBA went to hell when the adopted the soft zone in order to accomodate the European coughwhite player. This has exposed the fact that nobody can shoot the 20-foot jumper and it de-emphasized the abilities of the great players to get to the rim cleanly, making it a free throw contest. If you look up the stat for most free throw attempts per game in the history of the league, 5 of the top 10 are currently active players, 4 are from the 50's and 60's, and the other is Michael Jordan. No one is paying to watch Dwight Howard and Lebron shoot free throws. The game is lame.

Kenyon Martin is one of my most hated players in the league, and it's not because he's good. It's the fact that he thinks he's one of the best players in the league when he's really not.

I'll add J.R. Smith, Eddie House, and Paul Pierce to the list.

Paul Pierce is the effing man

The NBA went to hell when the adopted the soft zone in order to accomodate the European coughwhite player. This has exposed the fact that nobody can shoot the 20-foot jumper and it de-emphasized the abilities of the great players to get to the rim cleanly, making it a free throw contest. If you look up the stat for most free throw attempts per game in the history of the league, 5 of the top 10 are currently active players, 4 are from the 50's and 60's, and the other is Michael Jordan. No one is paying to watch Dwight Howard and Lebron shoot free throws. The game is lame.

I'll still take the NBA's modern rules over college ball or euro ball.

the olympic basketball games would suck if it weren't for the fact that it's fun to watch LEbron, D-wade and Kobe on the same team

Before players were allowed to palm the ball around 1980 the best offensive system was the motion offense, you get the ball and you have three seconds to pass, drive or shoot. In this system all five players have to be able to shoot, pass and dribble and make decisions. Meaning all five have to be basketball players.

After palming was allowed the best offensive system is the four and one. You have a point guard who does all the ball handling and four others who don't. The four and one lets you use people with size, strength and quickness but no decision making ability or skill. It concentrates in just one player what used to be spread out among all five players.

Anyway, if you want to go back to old time basketball you have to outlaw palming the ball. This makes moving the ball around by dribbling less effective and so you switch to passing the ball around instead. Meaning the motion offense.

/lecture

Boy do I miss Doug Moe and the Denver Nugget motion offense - if that is what you are referring to. Nothing was more hilarious than watching Doug just destroy Bill Hanzlik, a 6-7 schlemiel asked to play center in Moe's system...

Archived