Miami fires D.C.

Kleckineau

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL.

The Jets have been using Brad Smith this way since 2006.

Seriously. Learn history, man.

Running a direct snap a handful of times over a year does not make the Jets the originator of the Wildcat offense.

Commiting to an unbalanced line, single wing, direct RB snap, option type offense where it's used 5-10 times a game, succesfully, gives Miami the right to claim the Wildcat as their offense (when the right personel isn't injured).

Fact is, when the Jets tried it, almost half a decade ago, they rarely had success with it. Now that there is a different head coach, who watched the Wildcat shred his team, they've decided to copy Miami's play's. If you can't beat em', join em'. Right?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Running a direct snap a handful of times over a year does not make the Jets the originator of the Wildcat offense.

Commiting to an unbalanced line, single wing, direct RB snap, option type offense where it's used 5-10 times a game, succesfully, gives Miami the right to claim the Wildcat as their offense (when the right personel isn't injured).

Fact is, when the Jets tried it, almost half a decade ago, they rarely had success with it. Now that there is a different head coach, who watched the Wildcat shred his team, they've decided to copy Miami's play's. If you can't beat em', join em'. Right?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

AMEN!!! Thank you for untangling this web of s**t

One of you's always says back to the cellar...but we will be fighting for a playoff spot next year.

you hvae no DC, no lb coaches and you know most of your other def. coaches are worried for their jobs..you can't seriously think that the fags won't miss a beat...they will struggle immensely next season

you hvae no DC, no lb coaches and you know most of your other def. coaches are worried for their jobs..you can't seriously think that the fags won't miss a beat...they will struggle immensely next season

SO when a team replaces Staff members , failure is imminent???? There is no beat to miss we were awful on defense last year.

SO when a team replaces Staff members , failure is imminent???? There is no beat to miss we were awful on defense last year.

pretty much, yes...a new scheme spells a 1st year disaster no matter what team you r talking about. But if you don't believe it, well then GOOD LUCK.

pretty much, yes...a new scheme spells a 1st year disaster no matter what team you r talking about. But if you don't believe it, well then GOOD LUCK.

First off, your Defensive philosophy for your own team changed this year...please tell me what the result was??? Second, i'm sure our scheme will not be drastically changed. I'm sure there will be tweeks here and there but it's not like were gonna be switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

First off, your Defensive philosophy for your own team changed this year...please tell me what the result was??? Second, i'm sure our scheme will not be drastically changed. I'm sure there will be tweeks here and there but it's not like were gonna be switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

one big difference.Our head coach brought people from his old system that knew it and could help teach it to others. Your new DC probably won't have the same luxury.

one big difference.Our head coach brought people from his old system that knew it and could help teach it to others. Your new DC probably won't have the same luxury.

Good point but i'm still not buying that the loss of Paul friggin Pasquoloni and a couple of LB coaches is gonna bring us down to the dumps. Our defense was 22nd overall and we gave up an astounding 140 pts. in the 4th qtr. As far as LB's go especially ILB i havn't seen them make a play since NEVER!!! I would like to see Romeo Crennel here but it seems as if he'll likely be in KC with the other fatso.

Will admit i'm not a fan of Rich Rod, but Henne was a good QB for Michigan. He had some really good years.

Never stepped up in a big moment until his final bowl game.

1-7 in games that turly mattered, which is why the majority of Michigan fans despise him.

Don't forget how much NFL talent he had around him either.

1-7 in games that turly mattered, which is why the majority of Michigan fans despise him.

as you like to point out Joe, don't confuse him with the facts

Good point but i'm still not buying that the loss of Paul friggin Pasquoloni and a couple of LB coaches is gonna bring us down to the dumps. Our defense was 22nd overall and we gave up an astounding 140 pts. in the 4th qtr. As far as LB's go especially ILB i havn't seen them make a play since NEVER!!! I would like to see Romeo Crennel here but it seems as if he'll likely be in KC with the other fatso.

why in hell would u want crennel?? history shows us the DCs of Patriots are no more than glorified gophers for the true DC, Belly.

Go for it though. As a Jets fan I hope u get Crennel :D

Well no matter how you look at it, he is the most Prolific passer in Michigan history. He virtually hold the records for every passing category....thats a FACT.

Well no matter how you look at it, he is the most Prolific passer in Michigan history. He virtually hold the records for every passing category....thats a FACT.

Good for him.

And how many big games/national championships did he win?

Then again, you are a Dolphin fan so you're used to arguing that rings and big wins don't matter, only passing statistics. ;)

And Henne had a 10x better shot at winning than Marino ever did in the NFL.

why in hell would u want crennel?? history shows us the DCs of Patriots are no more than glorified gophers for the true DC, Belly.

Go for it though. As a Jets fan I hope u get Crennel :D

Crennel is a longtime Parcell's asst. It's makes it alot easier having someone come in that knows what Parcell's is expecting out of his D having worked for him in the past.

Crennel is a longtime Parcell's asst. It's makes it alot easier having someone come in that knows what Parcell's is expecting out of his D having worked for him in the past.

If that makes you feel better, but trust me, Crennel = not the sharpest knife in drawer.

good guy, but he is a 'XsOs/Adjust on fly' oaf.

Good for him.

And how many big games/national championships did he win?

Then again, you are a Dolphin fan so you're used to arguing that rings and big wins don't matter, only passing statistics. ;)

And Henne had a 10x better shot at winning than Marino ever did in the NFL.

He lost to the likes of USC and Ohio State, which both produced Heisman QB's during that time.

Parcells hired Pasqualoni also, had did that work out?

I think the hiring of Pasqualoni was due to the fact that there was no one else available at the time and Parcells likes to stick with his own guys so Pasqualoni was the hire. I remember an article when Parcell's first took over the team Crennel would have been in the running for Head Coach if he were avaiable at the time.

Not so sure about that....that Ohio State team during those years put alot of players in the NFL.

Meh, this discussion has been totally derailed, but you're way off on this one. Their defense in Harris/Woodley/Hall's last year was absolutely insane. Whether the blame for not winning the BCS falls on Henne or not is another issue entirely, but Michigan had the most talented team in the country that season and it was really that clear. Henne's last year with Long and Hart had enough to get the job done as well. Personally I thought the blame fell more on Carr, but there's no doubt that Henne tended to regress at least 1-2 games for both of those regular seasons and that was hugely contributive to why a team that should have made it to one, maybe even two National Championships didn't.

Meh, this discussion has been totally derailed, but you're way off on this one. Their defense in Harris/Woodley/Hall's last year was absolutely insane. Whether the blame for not winning the BCS falls on Henne or not is another issue entirely, but Michigan had the most talented team in the country that season and it was really that clear. Henne's last year with Long and Hart had enough to get the job done as well. Personally I thought the blame fell more on Carr, but there's no doubt that Henne tended to regress at least 1-2 games for both of those regular seasons and that was hugely contributive to why a team that should have made it to one, maybe even two National Championships didn't.

I love you.

I'm sorry you can go back and look up the rosters if you like i'm not gonna take the time to type all their names but Ohio State had more talent on both sides of the ball during that time and its really not close

Archived