Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Wow.... this flakiness is what my whole day one case against you was bro... just sayin' (not insinuating I am going to start revving that engine again).

Well now that I see others are suspicious too then why wouldn't I? Makes no sense to come in after a long break and put my vote on someone no one else does. That's out of left field. I had to choose the lesser of two I thought. With sharrow inactive and me believing your role less I went with that. Talking it out loud and seeing others receptive to it, im voting Dan x. We can't kill jvor apparently and she is right after him in my book.

She pops in and out and is active ENOUGH and contributes ENOUGH to seem helpful. The fact she and jvor are in the same train makes me uneasy. Sorry for my "flakiness"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well now that I see others are suspicious too then why wouldn't I? Makes no sense to come in after a long break and put my vote on someone no one else does. That's out of left field. I had to choose the lesser of two I thought. With sharrow inactive and me believing your role less I went with that. Talking it out loud and seeing others receptive to it, im voting Dan x. We can't kill jvor apparently and she is right after him in my book.

She pops in and out and is active ENOUGH and contributes ENOUGH to seem helpful. The fact she and jvor are in the same train makes me uneasy. Sorry for my "flakiness"

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the only one who thinks you're totally scummy. ;) I bet you're laughing your butt off at me right now.

Seriously, though. Other people think it makes sense to risk lynching a power role on a "gut feeling"?

No I understand it. I am not going on the offensive... it was more an observation that your play right is not much different than day one. Just something I'm putting in my memory bank if you will...

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the only one who thinks you're totally scummy. ;) I bet you're laughing your butt off at me right now.

Seriously, though. Other people think it makes sense to risk lynching a power role on a "gut feeling"?

You got me. Total OMGUS.

Yup.

I'm already off of jvor. Maybe you haven't noticed that?

I'm flabbergasted that despite I28's laundry list of mistakes you find nothing suspicious or at the very least discussion worthy.

That more than anything else is why I'd switch to you and sleep peacefully.

You got me. Total OMGUS.

Yup.

I'm already off of jvor. Maybe you haven't noticed that?

Hehe, you tricky fellow. Of course I noticed that once you realized it wasn't going anywhere, you dropped it. I also noticed how odd your initial reactions to JVoR's reveal were ... and I just hope other people will go back and read that at some point to see what I mean. I just don't understand how you could have been so sure of yourself to think lynching him was a good idea.

Since we are on it what's your assessment of Dan x.

I didn't like her early defense of slats... then the fact that she followed it with overt attempts to distance herself from him.

BUT, she has on more than one occasion explained why she thinks I am town... and since she is right, it is hard for me to imagine a strategy where scum would be protecting me right now. In theory I would should be an easy townie lynch for scum to coax along.

So, while she has tried too hard to be enigmatic... I don't get the "scummy" vibe from her play, so much as I get the desire to stay out of the fray vibe.

I'm flabbergasted that despite I28's laundry list of mistakes you find nothing suspicious or at the very least discussion worthy.

That more than anything else is why I'd switch to you and sleep peacefully.

Because I28 is acting exactly the same way many new players act. Same way you don't want to lynch people you think are innocent. I really get an innocent vibe from him. I'm sure my saying this won't convince you, but I'll repeat it since you seem to need it. :P

If Slats or BG plan on hammering Sharrow let us know first....

I'd be the 4th person willing to vote DanX instead. I'm not as comfortable with that as I2 but feel much better about that then Sharrow. Maybe I'm being played but I just think they guy is innocent as of right now. The people on his train is a list of who's who on my chit list.

At this point my only reasoning to hammer Sharrow would be (A) if he shows up to reveal / defend himself and I don't like his answer or (B) we're up against the deadline and its either that or random lynch. Frankly, I'm kind of at a loss where to go with my vote right now though, given that I'm one of the few that hasn't had any big probs with I28 so far and I'm not thrilled with a sharrow lynch.

Hehe, you tricky fellow. Of course I noticed that once you realized it wasn't going anywhere, you dropped it. I also noticed how odd your initial reactions to JVoR's reveal were ... and I just hope other people will go back and read that at some point to see what I mean. I just don't understand how you could have been so sure of yourself to think lynching him was a good idea.

If I'm scum watching the JVOR reveal I'm laughing.... certainly not logging in to start a movement to lynch him. Just lay back and see what the townies come up with.

Cause I was scum last time and we fake claimed, twice. Seemed to work then. I also said multiple time we should evaluate his usefulness to the town. First he could follow at night, then he remembered he could during the day.

It's just completely not him to reveal that early and be as odd as he has been this game. Plus once he was off the hook he pulled a keyser soze and we haven't heard from him since really.

At this point my only reasoning to hammer Sharrow would be (A) if he shows up to reveal / defend himself and I don't like his answer or (B) we're up against the deadline and its either that or random lynch. Frankly, I'm kind of at a loss where to go with my vote right now though, given that I'm one of the few that hasn't had any big probs with I28 so far and I'm not thrilled with a sharrow lynch.

and your thoughts on DanX?

If I'm scum watching the JVOR reveal I'm laughing.... certainly not logging in to start a movement to lynch him. Just lay back and see what the townies come up with.

So, based on that theory... I would have been one of the biggest reactors to the JVOR reveal, but... you still think I am scum.

Cause I was scum last time and we fake claimed, twice. Seemed to work then. I also said multiple time we should evaluate his usefulness to the town. First he could follow at night, then he remembered he could during the day.

It's just completely not him to reveal that early and be as odd as he has been this game. Plus once he was off the hook he pulled a keyser soze and we haven't heard from him since really.

Frankly, I agree with these thoughts... BUT its not going to budge. Not enough bluff callers in this game.

and your thoughts on DanX?

I'm actually going back and looking at that now. Honestly I didn't have too much of a read on her one way or the other until more recently, and I'm not really sure why that is. There seems to be some compelling cases made, but its all based on third party analysis of past actions, so its something I'd rather review for myself.

unvote sharrow

I was gone because i have had probably the roughest 3 hour argument of my life. I am trying to push through it but frankly i don't have enough energy to do anything right now to focus on this. I am not gonna cop out but for tonight i am gone. If it continues i am sorry but i will have to pull out.

I can be scum or town don't read into it except for the fact that i really can't handle it right now.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (3) -- Sharrow, CTM, Pac

Sharrow (4) -- JiF, DanX, Integrity, Crusher

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (1) -- slats

DanX (1) -- Vicious

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Unofficial:

JVoR (1) -- slats

Dan X (1) -- Vicious

Awesome we are moving backwards. I could have called the JVOR unvote of Sharrow though... I'm thinking Sharrow (original scum) and JVOR (assimilated scum).

PS -- JVOR sorry about your personal stuff, hope everything settles down.

:yawn:

When is the deadline?

Vic just signed off... and we extended it to 1am for him no?

I need to go to bed. I've got responsibilities darnit!

I'm just going to say it's pretty convenient of Vicious to show up minutes after CTM suggests lynching him, then try to start a train on me. Well done, Vic.

DEADLINE IS AT 1 A.M. TUESDAY, APRIL 13 (IN A LITTLE LESS THAN 1.5 HOURS).

NO EXTENSIONS.

You have an opportunity to make a decision, but are dawdling and lack the courage of your convictions.

If the Research Team makes a wrong decision there will be dire consequences.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

JVoR (1) -- slats

DanX (1) -- Vicious

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Sorry... I tried to steal your thunder... :)

I'm signing off too... not worth being exhausted at work tomorrow.

SMC kind of caught us off guard with the deadline but maybe he'll extend until tomorrow evening or something... too tired to sit around and wait.

Awesome we are moving backwards. I could have called the JVOR unvote of Sharrow though... I'm thinking Sharrow (original scum) and JVOR (assimilated scum).

PS -- JVOR sorry about your personal stuff, hope everything settles down.

JVoR has been having a truly horrible few days. I am amazed he's been able to post as much as he has. We should still lynch him tomorrow, though.

I'm signing off too... not worth being exhausted at work tomorrow.

SMC kind of caught us off guard with the deadline but maybe he'll extend until tomorrow evening or something... too tired to sit around and wait.

weak hand

DEADLINE IS AT 1 A.M. TUESDAY, APRIL 13 (IN A LITTLE LESS THAN 1.5 HOURS).

NO EXTENSIONS.

You have an opportunity to make a decision, but are dawdling and lack the courage of your convictions.

If the Research Team makes a wrong decision there will be dire consequences.

sweet.... I'll give it to midnight to see what BG does then Im out... deadline be damned.

I'm just going to say it's pretty convenient of Vicious to show up minutes after CTM suggests lynching him, then try to start a train on me. Well done, Vic.

I noticed that... not sure what to make of his play. He is still relatively high on my FOS.

Sharrow now has 4 votes, you, me, Crusher and Jif. I've had a town read on you and Crusher "most" of the game... and Jif came back as teh "didn't leave his room guy" so I am assuming we've got 4 clean town votes on Sharrow.

I'd really like to see what happens from here.

Archived