Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

I wish we weren't focusing on CTM/Pac and talking about Dan X. She and Crusher are kind of just skating on by. Granted, crusher provided a legit excuse to being busy they are both going along quietly. And Dan is playing as "clean" as a game as possible.

Those are the 3 I'd vote for.... JVOR for reasons that have been discussed, DanX because she floats around dropping "knowledge" without catching heat, and Crusher for his crazy day 1 case and apparent free pass.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are the 3 I'd vote for.... JVOR for reasons that have been discussed, DanX because she floats around dropping "knowledge" without catching heat, and Crusher for his crazy day 1 case and apparent free pass.

CTM is leading with his neck. If he's scum I applaud him for playing so ballsy. I'm not a fan of someone operating from the shadows, staying out of arguments for the most part and being really agreeable with most everything and just showing up and DROPPING ****ING KNOWLEDGE.. ALL OVER YOUR FACES

/Nick Manning'd

I wish we weren't focusing on CTM/Pac and talking about Dan X. She and Crusher are kind of just skating on by. Granted, crusher provided a legit excuse to being busy they are both going along quietly. And Dan is playing as "clean" as a game as possible.

Dude I realize Im quiet today but to com are my play to Dan X is silly. Ive been in the fire and almost on fire most of this game. She has has the comfort the entire game to just come in spit some knowledge and then trance off.

Really quick.

With all these assimilations it's hard to really think anyone is in the clear. CTM. I128, and the ever sweet Boopsie are my favs as innocents. yet JiF and CTM are likely assimilates and I128 as well because he's been so obviously town this game. Agreed this is a tuff set up.

Vic alot like you I too think its time for Dan X to get on the hot seat. but I do have to add that more I read from you,just like earlier the more I worry about you. With JVOR findings, which may or not be legit, your an odd choice IMHO, the fact he watched you doesn;t really help. Could have been the one before or todays. Maybe even a very clever original scum.

I will be on tonight after 9 and will read and give more of what Im thinking and vote.

Dude I realize Im quiet today but to com are my play to Dan X is silly. Ive been in the fire and almost on fire most of this game. She has has the comfort the entire game to just come in spit some knowledge and then trance off.

Really quick.

With all these assimilations it's hard to really think anyone is in the clear. CTM. I128, and the ever sweet Boopsie are my favs as innocents. yet JiF and CTM are likely assimilates and I128 as well because he's been so obviously town this game. Agreed this is a tuff set up.

Vic alot like you I too think its time for Dan X to get on the hot seat. but I do have to add that more I read from you,just like earlier the more I worry about you. With JVOR findings, which may or not be legit, your an odd choice IMHO, the fact he watched you doesn;t really help. Could have been the one before or todays. Maybe even a very clever original scum.

I will be on tonight after 9 and will read and give more of what Im thinking and vote.

If he watched me... and no one visited and I didn't visit anyone makes it unhelpful? Considering the fact I said I'm roleless, I'm confused by that statement.

If he watched me... and no one visited and I didn't visit anyone makes it unhelpful? Considering the fact I said I'm roleless, I'm confused by that statement.

I meant that even though last night nothing happen it could have happen before that or even today. Sorry Im typing fast because I only have a few minutes. I will come over to talk as much as I can as I work. Rainy here today so the nasty traffic is creating a little time right now. Northern Va traffic gets pwned by any inclement weather.

I meant that even though last night nothing happen it could have happen before that or even today. Sorry Im typing fast because I only have a few minutes. I will come over to talk as much as I can as I work. Rainy here today so the nasty traffic is creating a little time right now. Northern Va traffic gets pwned by any inclement weather.

Fair enough.

I made one case... and have been talking about it with CTM. If you'd like to re-steer the conversation, please... by all means.

Vote pac.. don't look back

:yawn:

I figured it was only a matter of time before you launched one of your baseless attacks on me but I figured you'd come up with better than I defended scum so I'm scum. Gimme a break.

I was thinking you were innocent since the JVOR reveal but with 2 assimilations and your continued narrow-sightedness you've got me wondering.

Assuming there's 3 or 4 scum right now you realize when you lynch me and I flip innocent the town either loses or will be 1 mislynch away from a loss?

:yawn:

I figured it was only a matter of time before you launched one of your baseless attacks on me but I figured you'd come up with better than I defended scum so I'm scum. Gimme a break.

I was thinking you were innocent since the JVOR reveal but with 2 assimilations and your continued narrow-sightedness you've got me wondering.

Assuming there's 3 or 4 scum right now you realize when you lynch me and I flip innocent the town either loses or will be 1 mislynch away from a loss?

Sometimes if it looks like a donkey, acts like a donkey, and smells like a donkey.. it's donkey..

Sometimes if it looks like a donkey, acts like a donkey, and smells like a donkey.. it's donkey..

When it's all over I'll give strong consideration to plopping this in my sig.... Your misguided conclusion is funny... and not funny ha ha.

Point blank... were you converted?

Problem is feels like it's about 4 of us doing most the talking.

Are you just waiting for someone to form a case so you can drop a vote on the bandwagon??? I don't understand the gripes... if you want to discuss FOS other than what we've put out there... who do you have in mind?

Are you just waiting for someone to form a case so you can drop a vote on the bandwagon??? I don't understand the gripes... if you want to discuss FOS other than what we've put out there... who do you have in mind?

Good lord. I've brought up Dan X. I made a case on her last night. I apologize if it's not as concise and accurate as yours.

Good lord. I've brought up Dan X. I made a case on her last night. I apologize if it's not as concise and accurate as yours.

Well, that was last night dude... a lot has changed since then... would it be too much to ask that you update us with the case you made?

Silly Vicious ... I addressed my erratic schedule near the beginning of the game (right before Crusher's meltdown). There are times when I'm just not physically able to be at a computer, but I come home and catch up in the evenings. Maybe next time, instead of complaining about no one being around, you can use your spare time to look back at the posts of the person you're FOSing and find some answers. :) You would've noticed a clear pattern of rare posting during the day and being active at around this time every night.

I don't even know how to respond to Pac's complaint that I pop in a "drop knowledge". Haha, I think that's the point, no? When I'm back at a computer, I catch up and post my thoughts.

With that said, I have returned for the evening and am more than willing to answer anyone's questions. I haven't seen anything specific thus far. I must have missed it if Vicious made a case against me that consisted of more than "I've been wary of her all game" and arguing with me over whether we should've lynched JVoR last night.

More thoughts about what I've missed. I'm pretty much in disbelief over the daytime assimilation. I'm with Bleedin that it seems a bit skewed to have lynched scum yesterday, shot one last night, and now our numbers are worse than ever.

I'm inclined to think that with two assimilations, JVoR would have been one of them ... but CTM, who apparently has some special abilities, seems fairly certain that lynching JVoR today is a bad idea. So it might be best to follow his lead for one more day, hoping that this game isn't completely unbalanced and that CTM knows something we don't.

Hearing JVoR's results about Vicious doing nothing last night makes me (reluctantly) less suspicious of him. I can see CTM's logic on Pac as he was the only other person unwilling to vote Sharrow last night. I'm going to read/think some more before voting.

I can see CTM's logic on Pac as he was the only other person unwilling to vote Sharrow last night. I'm going to read/think some more before voting.

I was the only one that wouldn't vote AVM either... was I protecting him too?

Unless you haven't noticed I'm pretty hard headed when I think I'm right about something. CTM's logic is ridiculous. If I'm scum I'm not putting myself on the chopping block to defend anyone... least of all Sharrow who I've only interacted with in this game. Makes no sense!

Ok, just reread every post by CTM, Pac, and I28 from yesterday evening until now.

I'm a little iffy on Pac right now because I don't know if it makes sense that there were 3 scum yesterday, given today's double assimilation. (Unless Slats happened to be both converted and shot in the same night.) I think Sharrow might have been the original Thing, and it was just him and Slats yesterday. If we had three Things, though, I agree that Pac is a very good candidate.

Integrity, however, has completely changed his tune from yesterday to today. His "pay attention to Pac egging on the hammer" trail has completely dissipated.

And newbie or not, he had enough sense last night to warn people not to discuss things until the day phase. Yet today he's prodding CTM, which seems like a terrible idea considering the type of abilities CTM is claiming. It's pretty much the same thing Slats was doing to CTM yesterday, too.

I'm going to vote: Integrity28.

More thoughts about what I've missed. I'm pretty much in disbelief over the daytime assimilation. I'm with Bleedin that it seems a bit skewed to have lynched scum yesterday, shot one last night, and now our numbers are worse than ever.

I'm inclined to think that with two assimilations, JVoR would have been one of them ... but CTM, who apparently has some special abilities, seems fairly certain that lynching JVoR today is a bad idea. So it might be best to follow his lead for one more day, hoping that this game isn't completely unbalanced and that CTM knows something we don't.

Hearing JVoR's results about Vicious doing nothing last night makes me (reluctantly) less suspicious of him. I can see CTM's logic on Pac as he was the only other person unwilling to vote Sharrow last night. I'm going to read/think some more before voting.

I love feisty half-Asians.

My case is more or less due to your gameplay. Yes, you've been consistent, but frankly I don't like it. You show up, drop a case and bounce. We sit here and scrap it out. It feels like you more or less plant the seed and let the town do the work for you. Feels like scum to me.

No need to worry though, I suck at this game.

I got like 5 min before the wife and kid get home. Then I'll be on probably at like 11 est.

I love feisty half-Asians.

My case is more or less due to your gameplay. Yes, you've been consistent, but frankly I don't like it. You show up, drop a case and bounce. We sit here and scrap it out. It feels like you more or less plant the seed and let the town do the work for you. Feels like scum to me.

No need to worry though, I suck at this game.

I got like 5 min before the wife and kid get home. Then I'll be on probably at like 11 est.

I can't change anything about that if I'm only around in the evenings. I will, inevitably, show up at night and then bounce when the sun comes up. Think of me like a vampire, if you will.

It's also a bit aggravating for you to say the town does the work for me, when I make an effort to read carefully, look back at old posts, and contribute ideas of substance that haven't already been said by other people.

Also my schedule during the week is:

- leave work 3:15

- gym for 1-1.5 hours

- get home round 5

- wife and kid get home around 5:15

- cook dinner, hang out with my son, put him to bed at 7:45

- log on.

I think if you look at my posts the timing is consistent.

I can't change anything about that if I'm only around in the evenings. I will, inevitably, show up at night and then bounce when the sun comes up. Think of me like a vampire, if you will.

It's also a bit aggravating for you to say the town does the work for me, when I make an effort to read carefully, look back at old posts, and contribute ideas of substance that haven't already been said by other people.

Didn't mean to offend your intelligence. I apologize.

I was the only one that wouldn't vote AVM either... was I protecting him too?

Yes, you "knew" he was innocent. Cause scum never plays that card early :rolleyes:

Unless you haven't noticed I'm pretty hard headed when I think I'm right about something. CTM's logic is ridiculous. If I'm scum I'm not putting myself on the chopping block to defend anyone... least of all Sharrow who I've only interacted with in this game. Makes no sense!

you continue to ignore the point that you could have had visions of end game doing unspeakable acts in your disgusting half brain..

also, It's only a noticable defense on sharrow if he got lynched to begin with, which I reckon you and slats were confident enough to believe you could stave off... otherwise, if we lynched i2d2 yesterday and he flipped town, it'd be just another case of pac having the wrong guy and you, slats, sharrow plus your 2 new recruits could've been pressing a much different case today.. The fact that we lynched sharrow and a vig got slats could just mean you got your paws stuck in the cookie jar..

The fact that you refuse to even comment on the plausibility of it is very damning..

Didn't mean to offend your intelligence. I apologize.

No worries. It's not an issue of intelligence, it's your acting like I'm not trying to contribute to the game. But if that's what you need to build a case against me, then there are no hard feelings. Scum have to do what they do. :D

No worries. It's not an issue of intelligence, it's your acting like I'm not trying to contribute to the game. But if that's what you need to build a case against me, then there are no hard feelings. Scum have to do what they do. :D

I think you contribute... Just enough ;)

Yes, you "knew" he was innocent. Cause scum never plays that card early :rolleyes:

you continue to ignore the point that you could have had visions of end game doing unspeakable acts in your disgusting half brain..

also, It's only a noticable defense on sharrow if he got lynched to begin with, which I reckon you and slats were confident enough to believe you could stave off... otherwise, if we lynched i2d2 yesterday and he flipped town, it'd be just another case of pac having the wrong guy and you, slats, sharrow plus your 2 new recruits could've been pressing a much different case today.. The fact that we lynched sharrow and a vig got slats could just mean you got your paws stuck in the cookie jar..

The fact that you refuse to even comment on the plausibility of it is very damning..

Not to mention this is a CONVERSION GAME. Citing evidence prior to 2 assimilations doesn't really mean anything. Sure, it gives a defense against being originally scum or being assimilated the first time, but there's been 2 assimilations past the evidence he's given.

I'm also seeing a 180 shift in I28's play. When he got a ton of pressure the first time he responded well. Since then he's been all over the map and is trying to make a ton of crap stick. Not only that, his posts are in major goading frame mode instead of how a townie presents cases.

The more I think about it, the scum's conversion percentage can't be just pure luck. I'm wondering if the scum team is willing to forgo the opportunity to take roled players for the guarantee involved in going after the roleless? Which is why I'm starting to think those who previously revealed as roleless may be the higher likelihood of converted, particularly those better / more experienced players. Which brings me back to my prior case from Crusher. While I feel for his situation, I've realized I can't let that affect my decision-making and between my prior concerns about him and my feelings that he would be a likely conversion target, that's the one I'm going for now.

Vote: Crusher

In regards to the other discussions going on. I still see little incentive to start going after our supposed power roles because one thing should be clear at this point, we must have a whole bunch of them just for us to stand a chance in this thing. That said, CTM and JVOR aren't getting my vote today. Regarding the other people in that little circle, Pac is peaking my interesting, but I'm not ready to go in that direction and I think I28 has fallen into the trap of putting too much emphasis on the things in the game specifically involving him (e.g., being convinced that the voting on him was some vast conspiracy).

I have my eye on a few people around here that have caught my attention who I think might fit the profile of conversions, but considering I feel like Crusher is a good possibility for both original scum and if not, potential conversion, he's my favorite for the moment.

Archived