5) Wallace Wright

Presently, our WR corps is:

1) Santonio Holmes

2) Braylon Edwards

3) Jerricho Cotchery

4) Danny Woodhead

5) David Clowney

6) Brad Smith

With David Clowney presumably getting cut at some point, and draft picks (Shipley?)/FA dollars (Coles?) with which to further improve our WR corps if we so choose. We didn't lose either our 1st or 2nd rounders when this transformation took place.

We went from having arguably the weakest WR corps in the NFL to having almost TOO many receivers in 6 months.

I say move Woodhead back to halfback and let him replace Leon, who would surprise if he's a Jet on opening day.

That would be a terrible mistake. Woodhead seriously does not have a place on an NFL roster, he is slow and small by league standards. I'd rather have backup offensive linemen and secondary scrubs ahead of him. He would take up a roster spot, with three more than competent running backs, on this team. He was a nice feel good story, but as someone alluded to, the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl.

Woodhead isn't an NFL player. I'd have Clowney on the roster ahead of him.

I actually like Woodhead's skill set better for this team. Woodhead showed us last season that he was a willing Special teams performer, and should be better with a full offseason to work with the big boys as a gunner. Also, I can still foresee us trading Leon for draft picks, wherewith it would make sense to keep Woodhead as the 3rd RB to catch balls out of the backfield. Clowney has shown me next to nothing ST wise, and with a WR corp that is suddenly full I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Clowney.

That would be a terrible mistake. Woodhead seriously does not have a place on an NFL roster, he is slow and small by league standards. I'd rather have backup offensive linemen and secondary scrubs ahead of him. He would take up a roster spot, with three more than competent running backs, on this team. He was a nice feel good story, but as someone alluded to, the Jets are trying to win a Super Bowl.

Given how much he was worked into the lineup late last season, experimenting with him in the slot, I definitely see him having a roster spot over Clowney.

I think it is probably necessary for us to carry 3 RBs, so Woodhead would make sense in that regard if Leon is traded. I will, however, agree with you about carrying an extra lineman or secondary player. So many teams are switching to spread formation offenses so it would be nice to have a decent amount of defensive backs to fill-in...

So,

We can kill you with the running game, we already know that.

We can kill you by flooding the field with Cotch, Edwards and Holmes.

We can kill you with the play action to our pass catching TE.

We can put the 3WR, Keller and LT all out there for a scary good passing game.

Then, we can put Brad Smith in there to run the option.

HOLY #*&$&* CRAP!!!

So,

We can kill you with the running game, we already know that.

We can kill you by flooding the field with Cotch, Edwards and Holmes.

We can kill you with the play action to our pass catching TE.

We can put the 3WR, Keller and LT all out there for a scary good passing game.

Then, we can put Brad Smith in there to run the option.

HOLY #*&$&* CRAP!!!

I like this team.

I'd sign my boy Brandyn Harvey as a UDFA after the draft and throw him in the Woodhead spot in that depth chart.

He has amazing hands, he's tall and he has good (but maybe not great) speed and he probably doesn't cost a draft pick or a lot of FA money.

Archived