Our Draft Day #1 hinges on Jayson Taylor

Jets1Fan

Williams probably is a reach. I would prefer they trade down, yes, and get back the 2nd rounder we lost for Marshall in this year's draft.

Earl Thomas is a nice player, but I'm not sure he fits the Parcells "prototype" for a FS. But you're probably correct in throwing his name out there because FS is a concern for this team.

Frankly, I'd prefer we let Bryant go. This draft class is LOADED at WR, so if we draft one I'd prefer it in the middle rounds. Maybe a guy like Shay Hodge from Ole Miss. Although, we drafted Patrick Turner in the 3rd last year, and he didn't catch a pass last season. So maybe they stick to rebuilding the defense in this year's draft.

They traded back into the 1st for Keller!!!

McCoy does not fall beyond Tampa Bay.

We're not seeing eye to eye on that DE thing because of our opinions on needs I think. I would like that staple 3-4 DE for the next 5-7 years, whereas I think you were suggesting an OLB to groom and get production out of.

I think Shanahan is done with Haynesworth, he's going to be avoiding offseason workouts. I think its just turned out to be a very bad investment for both sides. He loves his home, Tennessee, and seems like he wants to go back. The Titans would trade for him because of their enormous DL NEED! They really lack starters and depth at this position.

We don't see eye to eye on the DE thing because I see DE as a need (until they sign Douglas back) and OLB as a luxury. I'm not suggesting an OLB at all, but if anything changed because of Taylor (your scenario) it would be a need at OLB. They have the same hole behind (or in front) of Devito either way.

Albert Haynesworth has been paid in excess of $32M for 13 months work. I fail to see how that was a bad investment for him.

We don't see eye to eye on the DE thing because I see DE as a need (until they sign Douglas back) and OLB as a luxury. I'm not suggesting an OLB at all, but if anything changed because of Taylor (your scenario) it would be a need at OLB. They have the same hole behind (or in front) of Devito either way.

Albert Haynesworth has been paid in excess of $32M for 13 months work. I fail to see how that was a bad investment for him.

Not a bad investment monetarily, but maybe moreso emotionally and I think his unhappiness contributes to his on field play. Big motivational guy, but apparently only for dolla dolla bills y'all!

If they were to trade up Berry or Thomas works for me. I think they are both that good.

What if paying Berry top-5 salary meant we had to lose either Mangold or Brick? Would it still work for you? We have a lot of player contracts ending soon that need to be redone. I don't know what the cap will look like once this CBA mess is figured out, but this just feels too risky to me, even if we could pull it off, which I doubt. How many times can we trade 3 scrubs for a top-5 pick before the rest of the league runs out of idiots.

What if paying Berry top-5 salary meant we had to lose either Mangold or Brick? Would it still work for you? We have a lot of player contracts ending soon that need to be redone. I don't know what the cap will look like once this CBA mess is figured out, but this just feels too risky to me, even if we could pull it off, which I doubt. How many times can we trade 3 scrubs for a top-5 pick before the rest of the league runs out of idiots.

If anyone's salary it would be cut, it would be the abyss that is Vernon Gholston's salary. I wanted to love him, but if he is getting in the way of us offering top draft dollar to a future staple of the secondary for years to come, DO IT already and cut him and limit your losses.

Otherwise, if they do have non-publicized monetary problems or see them approaching somehow, then stay and draft BAP (I would love Tate at #29 and DE or OLB later round) or trade to mid first round and get E.Thomas or someone else they like...

Ughh at this point, I'm so tired of putting my theory out there about Berry that I almost have convinced myself to stay at #29 lol

I LOVE THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived