Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

I stepped away and calmed down a bit. This game is making me angry and frustrated when i should enjoying it.

I will do whoever you guys want. Dpr's resistance to it versus actually being self assured that he would come back innocent is sign enough he knows what it would come back as. If it's doggin then i will investigate doggin. I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a plan with no loopholes. I just wanted at least to be able to select who i wanted to but you guys are giving me way too much grief over it.

Crusher and vicious, i don't like myself when i play this game so angrily. I don't consider myself arrogant in real life either but i will try and tone it down.

Dpr can still kiss my ass as i am sure he is gonna call me emo again ;)

OK. Than Doggin it is. He was at L1 already so we're covered there.

I vote you investigate Doggin. Who is with me?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. I would like an answer to this question as well.

There was waning pressure on you... and Doggin was at L1, and I had just unvoted him and put him back at L2 so he could make a final case for himself... and them BAM... you out yourself for no good reason, other than to insist that you have a 1-time power that you will NOT use on Doggin.

Then you disappear for a couple hours, offer up the emo explanation of getting frustrated, in order to exploit those weak enough to empathize with you... and now you are willing suddenly to consider Doggin.

Seems to me there was likely an offline conference... while Slats kept us entertained over here.

I don't think you're very good at this game.

What exactly is it that you could possibly suspect here? That with a scum team of probably four guys against 13 townies, three of us decided to out ourselves this obviously in the hopes of getting one player lynched?

I don't care if you have a personal problem with each one of us, but how does that possibly make any sense at all?

I don't think investigating Doggin nets us a goddammed thing, either, and I don't understand pressing that point. Even if you suspect him, how can you trust "his buddy" JVoR to not pull some kind of ruse. DPR is already throwing out his symp conspiracy theory, and I think it's pretty obvious that he'll have that out in full force should JVoR give him any result he doesn't like.

DPR's resistance alone makes him the best candidate.

What exactly is it that you could possibly suspect here? That with a scum team of probably four guys against 13 townies, three of us decided to out ourselves this obviously in the hopes of getting one player lynched?

I don't care if you have a personal problem with each one of us, but how does that possibly make any sense at all?

I don't think investigating Doggin nets us a goddammed thing, either, and I don't understand pressing that point. Even if you suspect him, how can you trust "his buddy" JVoR to not pull some kind of ruse. DPR is already throwing out his symp conspiracy theory, and I think it's pretty obvious that he'll have that out in full force should JVoR give him any result he doesn't like.

My bad. I should've said I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to investigate Doggin or Slats. That would've made them not want to investigate you.

I guess this mostly makes sense. I'm slightly worried that it could be someone else (not necessarily you two) with that power who could use it to his advantage. But maybe if we stick to an agreed-upon voting order, as JVoR suggested, we can make sure whoever puts the L-1 vote does it only for a second before unvoting.

Yep - that's why JVoR suggested I28 put that vote on.

My bad. I should've said I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to investigate Doggin or Slats. That would've made them not want to investigate you.

again, why reveal to save doggin..

doesn't make any sense..

meh.. at this point the game is stalled

i'll do DPR, and am also fuine with a doggin, crusher or dan x investigation..

Still feel like we're getting worked here and that doggin has some ability on night 1 that the scum think is pretty valuable.. but this is overkill at this point

When i had this role, my vote counted as 2 no matter where I was in the train

Right. But here's how it would work:

1) JVoR PM's EY "I want to investigate DPR when he's at L-1

2) When DPR is at L-2, I28 posts the following:

vote: DPR

unvote:DPR

thereby putting DPR at L-1 for just a split second, enough - I'd think, JVoR you should confirm this with Bleedin - for JVoR to get his reading, but obviously preventing any secret double voter from PMing Bleedin to hammer.

If Bleedin says that's not ok, then I28 simply opens two reply tabs, types "vote Dpr" in one and "unvote dpr" in the other, and submits them one right after another, creating a tiny window of opportunity for your hypothetical secret double voter

Given that we have no reason to believe that the role is in this game anyway, that should mitigate any concern that DPR will get secretly hammered (and I've seen the DreadPirateRoberts hammered, it isn't pretty:

CaryElwes_Granitz_6255609.jpg:biggrin:)

When i had this role, my vote counted as 2 no matter where I was in the train

This resistance of yours reeks.

Doggin already said that if DPR is accidently lynched at L-1 and comes back town in his death scene, we can lynch him next. We can lynch JVoR and me, too. All depending on how many townies in a row you're looking to feed to this thing.

Yeah, yeah... the whole "you aren't good at this game" thing got thrown at me all last game too. It suddenly stopped when I led us to Sharrow.

This is now the second game in a row where you have taken everything I have said at face... and you are supposed to be one of the smart ones. :rolleyes:

You are going to have to work overtime if you want to try to make that stick... There is no way in the world I am going to get all "personal" about an interwebz game I am embarrassed to tell people I play. LOL... dig deeper into that bag of tricks.

Here is what I think... I think when JVOR unveiled his wonderful plan, a handful of players were tripping over themselves at the idea. I'm no lamb.

My protest of the plan, explicitly investigating DPR, was 100% geared toward eliciting reaction from those that could have potential conspired to come up with this little plot twist.

So far, you, JVOR and Doggin have gone to great lengths to immediately narrow the crop of investigation candidates to one person... and have effectively endorsed each other's stance on this over and over. CTM and I have openly questioned the pros and cons, while others have left a couple truly intriguing posts out there for future reference...

All of this could mean everything to the game, or nothing... BUT none of it would have surfaced if I didn't push back... none of it would be out there for interpretation if we had all just said "sure, great idea." when JVOR presented his idea.

Yeah, yeah... the whole "you aren't good at this game" thing got thrown at me all last game too. It suddenly stopped when I led us to Sharrow.

This is now the second game in a row where you have taken everything I have said at face... and you are supposed to be one of the smart ones. :rolleyes:

You are going to have to work overtime if you want to try to make that stick... There is no way in the world I am going to get all "personal" about an interwebz game I am embarrassed to tell people I play. LOL... dig deeper into that bag of tricks.

Here is what I think... I think when JVOR unveiled his wonderful plan, a handful of players were tripping over themselves at the idea. I'm no lamb.

My protest of the plan, explicitly investigating DPR, was 100% geared toward eliciting reaction from those that could have potential conspired to come up with this little plot twist.

So far, you, JVOR and Doggin have gone to great lengths to immediately narrow the crop of investigation candidates to one person... and have effectively endorsed each other's stance on this over and over. CTM and I have openly questioned the pros and cons, while others have left a couple truly intriguing posts out there for future reference...

All of this could mean everything to the game, or nothing... BUT none of it would have surfaced if I didn't push back... none of it would be out there for interpretation if we had all just said "sure, great idea." when JVOR presented his idea.

So now that we know what's going on behind that cute little ewok face, what do you think about investigating DPR?

This resistance of yours reeks.

Doggin already said that if DPR is accidently lynched at L-1 and comes back town in his death scene, we can lynch him next. We can lynch JVoR and me, too. All depending on how many townies in a row you're looking to feed to this thing.

Oh doggin said so?

Ok then

I mean, he's got a weird role and so do you, so you're both obviously town.

And ... doggin and jvor doing everything they can to get doggin to day 2, that's not suspicious at all.. I mean JVOR has listed many great reasons as to why he did what he did when doggin was at L-1. Lets count them? well there's... aaaaa.. and there's umm... yeah, so i guess that'd be a big fat zero

But yea, it absolutely reeks that i'm not just listening to what they tell me to do..

meh.. at this point the game is stalled

i'll do DPR, and am also fuine with a doggin, crusher or dan x investigation..

Still feel like we're getting worked here and that doggin has some ability on night 1 that the scum think is pretty valuable.. but this is overkill at this point

Agreed.

Organize your investigation of DPR and bring him to L2.

Get BG to post an update to the vote count.

Then, I will put him at L1 and then unvote immediately - but ONLY when I see that I am the ONLY one viewing the thread.

That's right... I will stay in the thread and we will set a window of time when you will ALL leave. I will then execute the L1 and unvote in that window of time. If you can all handle being away from the thread for longer than 10 minutes...

Right. But here's how it would work:

1) JVoR PM's EY "I want to investigate DPR when he's at L-1

2) When DPR is at L-2, I28 posts the following:

thereby putting DPR at L-1 for just a split second, enough - I'd think, JVoR you should confirm this with Bleedin - for JVoR to get his reading, but obviously preventing any secret double voter from PMing Bleedin to hammer.

If Bleedin says that's not ok, then I28 simply opens two reply tabs, types "vote Dpr" in one and "unvote dpr" in the other, and submits them one right after another, creating a tiny window of opportunity for your hypothetical secret double voter

Given that we have no reason to believe that the role is in this game anyway, that should mitigate any concern that DPR will get secretly hammered (and I've seen the DreadPirateRoberts hammered, it isn't pretty:

Umm, and what if the 2 count voter is at #2 on the train and l-1 is actually the kill vote?

Umm, and what if the 2 count voter is at #2 on the train and l-1 is actually the kill vote?

That is why I want a count update from BG before I vote. Unless the 2 count can only be acknowledged after lynch has been reached... how does it usually work?

Agreed.

Organize your investigation of DPR and bring him to L2.

Get BG to post an update to the vote count.

Then, I will put him at L1 and then unvote immediately - but ONLY when I see that I am the ONLY one viewing the thread.

That's right... I will stay in the thread and we will set a window of time when you will ALL leave. I will then execute the L1 and unvote in that window of time. If you can all handle being away from the thread for longer than 10 minutes...

i2d2, just do it with two windows..

type out each post, 1 vote, and 1 unvote and click submit on 1 and then submit on the next.. (or do in the same post)

done. no need for this other stuff...

Oh doggin said so?

Ok then

And ... doggin and jvor doing everything they can to get doggin to day 2, that's not suspicious at all.. I mean JVOR has listed many great reasons as to why he did what he did when doggin was at L-1. Lets count them? well there's... aaaaa.. and there's umm... yeah, so i guess that'd be a big fat zero

But yea, it absolutely reeks that i'm not just listening to what they tell me to do..

If you're town, DPR's resistance to this plan should be blaring sirens in your head.

On the games first day, with a scum team of (probably) four against a town of 13, what could Doggin and JVoR possibly unleash tonight that would cripple the town so much that it would be worth it to them as scum to get themselves lynched on consecutive days afterwards.

Can you really think of anything? Seen an example of something like that anywhere?

The idea of them (or us) being scum makes no sense. You should really know this.

If you're town, DPR's resistance to this plan should be blaring sirens in your head.

On the games first day, with a scum team of (probably) four against a town of 13, what could Doggin and JVoR possibly unleash tonight that would cripple the town so much that it would be worth it to them as scum to get themselves lynched on consecutive days afterwards.

Can you really think of anything? Seen an example of something like that anywhere?

The idea of them (or us) being scum makes no sense. You should really know this.

I'm town and I'm not comfortable with the plan, for a host of reasons that usually careful slats is completely ignoring..

That is why I want a count update from BG before I vote. Unless the 2 count can only be acknowledged after lynch has been reached... how does it usually work?

when i had the role it was invisible.... The person just got lynched at l-1

Oh doggin said so?

Ok then

God damn it. I was hoping to dupe you again. :/

Figures, the one time I'm trying to help out you suspect me of treachery.

I already explained myself. I felt like Doggin was town and once he revealed he had a power role I decided i would rather come with the solution where he could be useful to town and I could be useful to town. Crazy, right? And just to show you I wasn't trying to trick you I do everything to plan it out so there's as little self interest as possible.

CTM, do my plan or lynch me. I laid out the best pro-town plan, but if you want to think we're running the link each other up and be dumbasses gambit, then you really are being way too paranoid.

Can you at least try looking at it from the angle where I'm town telling the truth and those vehemently against it might be mafia? Might steer yourself and others in the right direction.

Oh doggin said so?

Ok then

Its a satisfying stink though is it not?

I would like to offer an alternative suggestion.

Let's lynch Doggin... that outta give us more answers than this contrived investigation. Then we roll the dice that during the night phase the scum guess wrong about our town protections and fail on the NK attempt of either me, JVOR (if he really is town) or a random.

If JVOR makes it through the night, we use his investigation tomorrow.

i2d2, just do it with two windows..

type out each post, 1 vote, and 1 unvote and click submit on 1 and then submit on the next.. (or do in the same post)

done. no need for this other stuff...

No. I want to do it my way. ;)

God damn it. I was hoping to dupe you again. :/

Figures, the one time I'm trying to help out you suspect me of treachery.

I already explained myself. I felt like Doggin was town and once he revealed he had a power role I decided i would rather come with the solution where he could be useful to town and I could be useful to town. Crazy, right? And just to show you I wasn't trying to trick you I do everything to plan it out so there's as little self interest as possible.

CTM, do my plan or lynch me. I laid out the best pro-town plan, but if you want to think we're running the link each other up and be dumbasses gambit, then you really are being way too paranoid.

Can you at least try looking at it from the angle where I'm town telling the truth and those vehemently against it might be mafia? Might steer yourself and others in the right direction.

again, it's you, slats, and doggin all making the same points on one side, DPR is mia and nobody is playing devils advocate.

I don't have any definitive conclusions either way..

Its a satisfying stink though is it not?

I would like to offer an alternative suggestion.

Let's lynch Doggin... that outta give us more answers than this contrived investigation. Then we roll the dice that during the night phase the scum guess wrong about our town protections and fail on the NK attempt of either me, JVOR (if he really is town) or a random.

If JVOR makes it through the night, we use his investigation tomorrow.

And if Doggin is town and I die... what the **** did you just gain?

Archived