Kiper gives Dolphins worst AFC East grade

Jetscode1

First and foremost, kiper has been proven wrong on drafts year after year, plus, he's a useless tool.

Second, the Dolphins have shown the last 3 years, a history of drafting multiple players of the same position, with the theory of finding at least 1 or 2 capable players of that group to be contributors. And as history has proven, so far, it's worked. 08', mulitple de, 2 starters, 2 cb last year, both started. 2 wr last year, 1 started.

This year same thing, except they went defense. I trust Parcells when drafting linebackers, so in my view, kiper can suck it.

The Internet Football Poster's Guide to Responding to ESPN Draft Analysis Mel Kiper's Draft Grade of your Favorite Team.

By EY

Section 1: What to do if Mel Kiper gives your team a bad grade.

• Call him an idiot.
  • Cite times when he was wrong in the past.
  • Ignore instances where he was right.
  • Ignore the realities of his job which include evaluating every prospect, on paper, as opposed to a GM, who's only held accountable for the success of 4-6 drafted players each year.
  • Tout your GMs prior record, or, offer reasons why this year is different.
  • Call anyone who doesn't call Mel Kiper and idiot, an idiot.

Section 2: What do do if Mel Kiper gives your team a good grade.

• Post the grade
  • Avoid over congratulating in an effort to dodge the 'mel kiper is an idiot' counterpoint.
  • Be sure to use phrases like, 'I know it doesn't mean anything definitively, but' as you compare your grade to your division rivals.
  • Tout Mel Kiper's points, paraphrasing them in your own words. If you choose not to paraphrase, be certain to use the above phrase, 'I know it doesn't mean anything definitively, but'.

This guide is a registered trademark of EY Posts, LLC. Do not attempt to re-post this guide without the express written consent of EY Posts, LLC.

The Internet Football Poster's Guide to Responding to ESPN Draft Analysis Mel Kiper's Draft Grade of your Favorite Team.

By EY

• Call him an idiot.
  • Ignore the realities of his job which include evaluating every prospect, on paper, as opposed to a GM, who's only held accountable for the success of 4-6 drafted players each year.

• Post the grade
  • Avoid over congratulating in an effort to dodge the 'mel kiper is an idiot' counterpoint.
  • Be sure to use phrases like, 'I know it doesn't mean anything definitively, but' as you compare your grade to your division rivals.
  • Tout Mel Kiper's points, paraphrasing them in your own words. If you choose not to paraphrase, be certain to use the above phrase, 'I know it doesn't mean anything definitively, but'.

This guide is a registered trademark of EY Posts, LLC. Do not attempt to re-post this guide without the express written consent of EY Posts, LLC.

:rl:

By EY

• Call him an idiot.

• Post the grade

I approve this post. :cheers:

Let me preface this by saying it means about as much as Kipers grade. Highest Grade goes to?

Grading the draft: AFC East

Buffalo Bills (composite grade B-)

• Kiper's grade: C+
  • Brown's grade: C-
  • Burke's grade: B-
  • Czarnecki's grade: C
  • Nawrocki's grade: B+
  • Prisco's grade: C
  • Rang's grade: C+

Miami Dolphins (composite grade B+)

• Kiper's grade: C-
  • Brown's grade: B-
  • Burke's grade: A
  • Czarnecki's grade: A
  • Nawrocki's grade: A-
  • Prisco's grade: B+

New England Patriots (composite grade B)

• Kiper's grade: B-
  • Brown's grade: B
  • Burke's grade: B
  • Czarnecki's grade: B+
  • Nawrocki's grade: A
  • Rang's grade: B

New York Jets (composite grade B)

• Kiper's grade: B
  • Burke's grade: B+
  • Czarnecki's grade: B
  • Prisco's grade: B
  • Rang's grade: B

Link to full story.

Miami Dolphins (composite grade B+)

• Kiper's grade: C-
  • Burke's grade: A
  • Czarnecki's grade: A

That's a generous composite B+, but whatever.

What this really says is that the fish's draft is the biggest wildcard. Jets and Pats are consistent B's, Bills are a consistent C+, fish are anywhere from a C- to an A... ?

I think it all rests on Odrick, who a lot of Jet fans here wanted - but probably an equal number wanted no part of him. Guy looks like a true boom or bust pick, and the difference between your C- and your A.

That's a generous composite B+, but whatever.

What this really says is that the fish's draft is the biggest wildcard. Jets and Pats are consistent B's, Bills are a consistent C+, fish are anywhere from a C- to an A... ?

I think it all rests on Odrick, who a lot of Jet fans here wanted - but probably an equal number wanted no part of him. Guy looks like a true boom or bust pick, and the difference between your C- and your A.

You're correct and it made me crunch the numbers as well. This is the average I got for each AFC east team.

Team | Avg Score | Grade

Bills | 2.3 | C+

Jets | 3.1 | B-B+

Phins| 3.1 | B-B+

Pats | 3.2 | B-B+

I'm not sure how Tim came up with his numbers.

You're also correct in the fact that with those grades we have the largest STDEV out of any team in the east.

You're correct and it made me crunch the numbers as well. This is the average I got for each AFC east team.

Team | Avg Score | Grade

Bills | 2.3 | C+

Jets | 3.1 | B-B+

Phins| 3.1 | B-B+

Pats | 3.2 | B-B+

I'm not sure how Tim came up with his numbers.

You're also correct in the fact that with those grades we have the largest STDEV out of any team in the east.

Anti-Jets media conspiracy. We're used to it.

By Mel Kiper Jr.

ESPN Insider

Archive On Monday night at the ESPN Zone in Baltimore, I spent a couple of hours with you -- ESPN.com readers and Insiders -- debating and discussing last week's NFL draft. There's always disagreement and conjecture about grades, and before I list the first-round guys who I think could make the biggest impact, I will say that I don't like one grade just a few days after giving it.

I was too hard on the Miami Dolphins. I've already said how much I like Jared Odrick, but aside from the recent addition of Brandon Marshall, I think Koa Misi from Utah could be better than I had judged. I think he'll convert to outside linebacker much more easily than I expected, giving the Dolphins a chance to have essentially three pretty impactful players (including Marshall) from one draft class early next season. I really like Misi's chance to start the more I look into that situation.

Unfortunately/fortunately I don't have Insider so I can't read the entire story but it appears Kiper's changing his grade.

So that would both raise our score (that means Nothing) and lower our STDEV (That also means nothing).

Link

By Mel Kiper Jr.

ESPN Insider

Archive On Monday night at the ESPN Zone in Baltimore, I spent a couple of hours with you -- ESPN.com readers and Insiders -- debating and discussing last week's NFL draft. There's always disagreement and conjecture about grades, and before I list the first-round guys who I think could make the biggest impact, I will say that I don't like one grade just a few days after giving it.

I was too hard on the Miami Dolphins. I've already said how much I like Jared Odrick, but aside from the recent addition of Brandon Marshall, I think Koa Misi from Utah could be better than I had judged. I think he'll convert to outside linebacker much more easily than I expected, giving the Dolphins a chance to have essentially three pretty impactful players (including Marshall) from one draft class early next season. I really like Misi's chance to start the more I look into that situation.

Unfortunately/fortunately I don't have Insider so I can't read the entire story but it appears Kiper's changing his grade.

So that would both raise our score (that means Nothing) and lower our STDEV (That also means nothing).

Link

:roll: We'll know for sure in 2 years.

Archived