Revis going to break in Wilson

flgreen

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis lays out plan for breaking 2010 NFL draft pick Kyle Wilson

BY Kevin Armstrong

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 4:00 AM

<LI class="inform-logo-related last">

Buttoned up in his suit and tie for a charity event on Wall Street Wednesday night, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was business-like in laying out his plans for breaking in rookie defensive back Kyle Wilson.

"We're gonna bust his butt," Revis said.

Revis, an All-Pro who recorded 54 tackles and six interceptions last season, has not been in touch with Wilson yet, but reveled in the opportunity to add more "passion" to Rex Ryan's deep reserves of defensive backs. The addition of cornerback Antonio Cromartie also caught his eye as a potential complement to him.

"My reaction to those moves? 'Just 'Wow,' " Revis said.

Though the eighth annual Taste of the NFL event raised funds and awareness for hunger in the tri-state area, quarterback Mark Sanchez saw it as an opportunity to sample the talent his team has added. To his left was Santonio Holmes, the former Super Bowl MVP whom the Jets acquired in a recent trade.

"He's so open and ready to get going," said Sanchez, who has thrown with the receiver several times already. "We're getting that chemistry to the point where I can explain what I want and we can exchange ideas."

Revis said he welcomed the challenge of incorporating new teammates. With a summer camp that will be chronicled by HBO's cameras on its all-access show "Hard Knocks," the Jets will be ready for action when the practice gates open to the public.

"I think we've set a standard for how we work and practice the last few years," Revis said. "We're got three No. 1 receivers and plenty of guys to cover them. All of us want to get out there."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/04/29/2010-04-29_loaded_gang_green_raring_to_get_going.html#ixzz0mVfsJ34x

I thought that Sanchez couldn’t throw until camp?

Why wouldn't he be able to throw? He had surgery on his knee, not his arm. He isn't going to RUN until at least the June 14-16 Minicamps, possibly not until Training Camp.

Why wouldn't he be able to throw? He had surgery on his knee, not his arm. He isn't going to RUN until at least the June 14-16 Minicamps, possibly not until Training Camp.

Cimini wouldn't lie ;)

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez pleased with knee rehab, ready to work with Santonio Holmes

BY Rich Cimini

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Friday, April 16th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_sanchez_reacts.jpg Elsa/Getty

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez says that adding Santonio Holmes to the team's receiving corps gives the offense an explosive element.

Jumbo Jets

Mark Sanchez started running in water a couple of weeks ago, but it will be at least another month before he starts running on land. The Jets' quarterback, who underwent knee surgery in February, is shooting for mid-May.

"Hopefully, a couple of weeks earlier, maybe a couple of weeks later," he said Thursday.

Sanchez said he's on schedule in his rehab, maintaining he will be ready for training camp. He didn't rule out the possibility of returning for the veterans' minicamp in mid-June, although that seems like an ambitious goal.

In all likelihood, Sanchez won't be able to throw to his new receiver, Santonio Holmes, until training camp in Cortland opens in August. But he loves the new look of the offense, with Holmes joining Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery and Dustin Keller.

"It's like Christmas with all those guys," Sanchez said. "(Holmes) adds that explosive element. It can blow the top off a

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/04/16/2010-04-16_sanchezs_rehab_going_swimmingly.html#ixzz0mWKAE8Dj

QB throwing motions in the NFL use the legs a lot. Sanchez had surgery on the patella of his left knee, the same side he plants his foot - that's the leg he puts the most pressure on when he throws. That's the same leg that Brady had dismantled by Pollard, and it took him a while to come back from it.

It's nice to hear that he's throwing, I just hope he isn't rushing things.

QB throwing motions in the NFL use the legs a lot. Sanchez had surgery on the patella of his left knee, the same side he plants his foot - that's the leg he puts the most pressure on when he throws. That's the same leg that Brady had dismantled by Pollard, and it took him a while to come back from it.

Still, his limitations have to do with running -- not walking or planting.

Isn't Sanchez right handed? If so wouldn't be plant on his right foot?

Maybe I'm just confused..

Are you a podiatrist or something?

Once again:

Not only is there a big difference when it comes to walking/panting as opposed to running, but Sanchez had about 1/20th of the seriousness type of surgery that Brady had.

Once again:

Not only is there a big difference when it comes to walking/panting as opposed to running, but Sanchez had about 1/20th of the seriousness type of surgery that Brady had.

Excuse me Jets' medical team, 124 says that since Mark will only be planting and throwing, he's good to go for OTAs. Nevermind the 10 years of schooling you guys attended post high school, or the countless hours you spent as a Resident at a hospital, and all of your professional experience, 124 says he's good to go.

What? When dropping back to pass on 5-7 step drops, you're saying you actually have to do a form of running, doctor? What?!?! But all he's going to be doing is running and planting!

I'm sorry but this whole thing with 124 making his own diagnosis on multiple players and at the same time consistently disagreeing with the Jets' medical staff, by far, beats out dbatesman's winner in the Gholston thread.

Don't be sorry. He's earned it--he's a Michigan man.

I'm sorry but this whole thing with 124 making his own diagnosis on multiple players and at the same time consistently disagreeing with the Jets' medical staff, by far, beats out dbatesman's winner in the Gholston thread.

His best diagnosis to date has been calling Leon's compound fracture (you know, the one where he broke his tibia and fibula in half) less serious than your run-of-the-mill torn ACL, because, as he so eloquentlyput it, "it was a clean break."

:character42:

Archived