BZ's Guide to Jets Depression (football only) - GJD

BwanaZulia

Ok, so it is clear this is going to be a hard season. No 6-0 starts, no fun, not really a chance in hell.

Since I am trying to keep my optimism up, here is my Guide to Jets Depression aka "A Few Things To Look Forward To"

- Go to games and just drink a lot. Drink a ton. Keep drinking until you can't remeber who is playing or why, if you remember that you were told to drink a lot, you haven't drunk enough.

- Play Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" on repeat for 24 hours. If that doesn't work, try "Don't Worry, Be Happy"

- Remember that the season is only 16 games long. It can't last forever and it won't.

- See how much fun you can have reading all of TX's new one liners. He will have a years worth of material now.

- Remember 1-15? Well, we won't be THAT bad.

- Go to Vegas in March on bet on us winning the Super Bowl in 2006. The odds will be GREAT!

- "Spoiler" games can be fun to watch.

- Watching Jets 24/7 with Herm Edwards does help and could be prescribed by your DR.

- Take a few more sick days this winter, you deserve it.

- Try to channel GreenGal.

- Prosac.

- You won't have to wash any Jets gear this year.

- Think of all the time you will save and things you can get done by not reading all the articles on the Jets.

- How is your Fantasy team doing? Winning in Stud or Dud? Good.

- X-Box 360

- Won't have to send in that post-season ticket money now. Go buy yourself somethig nice. How about a new iPod?

- The Fiedler kid might just get his shot at the end of the season.

- To Be Continued...

BZ

Ok, so it is clear this is going to be a hard season. No 6-0 starts, no fun, not really a chance in hell.

Since I am trying to keep my optimism up, here is my Guide to Jets Depression aka "A Few Things To Look Forward To"

- Play Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" on repeat for 24 hours. If that doesn't work, try "Don't Worry, Be Happy"

- Try to channel GreenGal.

- How is your Fantasy team doing? Winning in Stud or Dud? Good.

- To Be Continued...

BZ

=D> excellent list BZ ... these are some of my faves!! shall we bring back the Monty Python thread??? :mrgreen:

i think i got myself a stud in mr. alexander this week! WOOT!

uhhhh... but does that mean i have to be dead for someone to channel me??? and will it hurt??

OY! :lol:

some other positives:

- brown is in during fall so those paper bags on your head will be stylish.

- herm must go chants can't be far away

- each loss brings us that much closer to a real nfl caliber coach

You are going to have to wait at least 2 years to get rid of Herm. This year is a blow off, next year if he doesn't do anything, he gets the next year to make it better.

Sorry Herm Hater Nation, you will have plenty to bitch about for years to come.

BZ

GREAT list BZ, but you missed the "Root for Herm's Demise" portion of the fun. Remember, Herm's only true skill in life is self-preservation, si that rat will jump this sinking ship at the end of the season and re-surface in two years as the HC of the Rams.

Archived