Reports of Big Papi and The Red Sox Death

CrazyCarl40

I've said it a million times. Both fanbases have jackasses. Yankee fans just don't want to believe it.

That's funny, have you heard of Yankee fans throwing batteries or hitting a Sox fan with a car?

Your smarminess is exactly what I'm talking about.

Only partially true. The difference is percentages.

The "culture" of Boston doesn't just breed douchiness, it encorages it. In that town, you're not cool unless you're a complete Richard. The louder you are and the more fights you start in a bar or a mosh pit at a Dropkick Murphys show, the bigger man you become. Add that and obvious inferiority complex to all things New York, and it manifests itself as a "Yankees Suck" chant at a Celtics-Heat game in January. For crissakes, the Sox organization even encourages it. The antics of their ownership have been downright filthy for years now. Just got to watch a 5 year old kid come out and recite a speech from Hoosiers modified to have him yell "Yankees Suck".

Go to a game at Fenway. Watch one of the jackasses start up a chant, watch his surrounding fans cheer him on and spread it across the stadium. Now go to one in the Bronx and watch a jackass act up and watch his fellow fans shout at him to sit down, shut up, and my favorite: "Stop acting like THEM"

The "culture" of Boston doesn't just breed douchiness, it encorages it. In that town, you're not cool unless you're a complete Richard. The louder you are and the more fights you start in a bar or a mosh pit at a Dropkick Murphys show, the bigger man you become. Add that and obvious inferiority complex to all things New York, and it manifests itself as a "Yankees Suck" chant at a Celtics-Heat game in January. For crissakes, the Sox organization even encourages it. Their antics of their ownership have been downright filthy for years now. Just got to watch a 5 year old kid come out and recite a speech from Hoosiers modified to have him yell "Yankees Suck".

Go to a game at Fenway. Watch one of the jackasses start up a chant, watch his surrounding fans cheer him on and spread it across the stadium. Now go to one in the Bronx and watch a jackass act up and watch his fellow fans shout and him to sit down, shut up, and my favorite: "Stop acting like THEM"

OWNED!

It's alot easier watching baseball just assuming everyone uses.

Ortiz was a great hitter during his run. Sorta similar to Terrell Davis in the NFL. He'll probably get some consideration for the Hall.

No way. He does not have the numbers. His closest milestone is 400 and that is cheapened now.

I'm in the all dirty camp, but I think almost anybody with eyes would know Ortiz was a user. OTOH, steroids are not going to cause an overnight change in performance. Even if they did, it would be more likely that he'd be using the offseason than now. IMO the slow start would point the other way if the juice were an instant performance boost.

Yeah, it would have nothing to do with going from the Twins old stadium to Fenway and it's short porch. Being allowed to swing away versus being asked to pull the ball. Not to mention being surrounded by a pretty good collection of hitters.

He roided, but it was not the cause of his power.

The "culture" of Boston doesn't just breed douchiness, it encorages it. In that town, you're not cool unless you're a complete Richard. The louder you are and the more fights you start in a bar or a mosh pit at a Dropkick Murphys show, the bigger man you become. Add that and obvious inferiority complex to all things New York, and it manifests itself as a "Yankees Suck" chant at a Celtics-Heat game in January. For crissakes, the Sox organization even encourages it. Their antics of their ownership have been downright filthy for years now. Just got to watch a 5 year old kid come out and recite a speech from Hoosiers modified to have him yell "Yankees Suck".

Go to a game at Fenway. Watch one of the jackasses start up a chant, watch his surrounding fans cheer him on and spread it across the stadium. Now go to one in the Bronx and watch a jackass act up and watch his fellow fans shout and him to sit down, shut up, and my favorite: "Stop acting like THEM"

Sure they do. It took me about 10 seconds to get this.

suujAVf6KUk

Sure they do. It took me about 10 seconds to get this.

suujAVf6KUk

LOL. You taped this? How pathetic. So you went to a game wearing your Sox crap, provoked a group of guys to chant, then got the camera rolling, all the while thinking "I'll show the WORLD!"

You answered your own question...that was 24 years ago...ancient history. Almost a quarter of a century...you don't really want to debate Yankees and Mets do you?

I thought we were debating Red Sox / Yankees . You brought in the Mets.

LOL. You taped this? How pathetic. So you went to a game wearing your Sox crap, provoked a group of guys to chant, then got the camera rolling, all the while thinking "I'll show the WORLD!"

No. Wrong again.

Archived