Athlon Sports: New York Jets Preview

flgreen

I'm sick of hearing about Rhodes range. I don't think he lost it because he went Hollywood. I think he simply wasn't very fast. I used to think he was fast, but after watching him run like an elephant the last couple of times and the fact is he is probably a 4.58-4.6 guy. He can jump but he can't run.

Sounds like. overall, a decent evaluation. No team is perfect; the Jets are not either. They are picked to win the division; that sounds good to me.

Hope they are wrong about VG though! And maybe Jason Taylor has a bit more left in the tank than they think.

The author is right in that we have a lot of age on the d- line and in LB corps. I think the jets will get one more good year out of the guys. But this needs to be addressed in the draft.

That's the beauty of the age we are in, free agency and more frequent trades makes this a much easier transition.

I think we are better at LB then the line without a doubt. Harris obviously has a lot of good years left, and Scott is only 29 but will be 30 by the time the 2010 season starts.

Just look what we did from 08 to 09, we had a whole different defense.

That's the beauty of the age we are in, free agency and more frequent trades makes this a much easier transition.

I think we are better at LB then the line without a doubt. Harris obviously has a lot of good years left, and Scott is only 29 but will be 30 by the time the 2010 season starts.

Just look what we did from 08 to 09, we had a whole different defense.

Yeah, I'm not that worried about the LBs in the current climate. If there were a cap and we were paying such a huge chunk to these geezers I might be concerned,, but they should be able to monkey with these contracts and/or dump guys without mortgaging the future whenever and however the new cap arrives.

Archived