Thoughts on the new stadium

Maxman

What will it be like going into the new stadium for the first time? I mean strictly from the fan perspective. New people sitting around you if you are a season ticket holder. New routines to be made. It will be exciting no doubt.

What will you miss about the old stadium?

driving right up to my buddies car and grilling italian sweet sausage on a grill in a parking spot in between my truck and my buddies car until I decide I've had enough, then smoking a few huge bowls and then having a short walk into the stadium and riding the escalators with a few dozen fellow buzzed fans chanting J-E-T-S !!!!

it will be interesting to see the energy levels of the crowd and the amount of empty seats

I do hope the stadium is loud. Hopefully a lot of new fans get in and bring an energy level that is high.

it will be interesting to see the energy levels of the crowd and the amount of empty seats

Yeah... Id assume the loudest type of fans will mostly be sitting in the highest tier of the stadium where there are no PSL's. However, the Jets being a relatively young franchise...Their fanbase is still relatively young as well (at least as compared to the other NY franchise). Combine that with the fact that its been 40 years since we've sniffed a Super Bowl... Not too many Jets fans are the corporate type, which is also a big part of why they have had such a hard time selling PSL's.

Id expect to see empty seats, but for those that do attend, I expect them to be loud and into the game. Nobody (or at least a very few people) purchased PSL's with the intentions of only showing up on nice weather days and then leaving at half time like too many people did at the old stadium. The people that bought the PSL's will at least get their money's worth, IMO.

I like 110, where in that section? I was going to buy there when it was 15k but too rich for my blood, by the time they reduced it the seats I wanted was gone.

First one or two games will be subdued as lot of guys are bringing wives who greenlighted PSL payments, also there will be a lot of ticket selling in 7.5k-15K sections I think. They ain't $105 seats anymore and some will need to sell 1-3 games to make the higher price work.

I like 110, where in that section? I was going to buy there when it was 15k but too rich for my blood, by the time they reduced it the seats I wanted was gone.

First one or two games will be subdued as lot of guys are bringing wives who greenlighted PSL payments, also there will be a lot of ticket selling in 7.5k-15K sections I think. They ain't $105 seats anymore and some will need to sell 1-3 games to make the higher price work.

Aaahhh!! You're spewing this crap here too?? lol

:cheers:

Aaahhh!! You're spewing this crap here too?? lol

:cheers:

I don't even know why I care anymore, between a holloween and a thanksgiving game and one on two family things I am lucky to make it to six games this year.

In original go around I was offered section 110 row one when it was 15k, long gone by 10K reduction and it is my Moby Dick seats, the whale that got away.

110 row 19. dude said someone else had them and gave them up to upgrade to mezz/club.

either my timing was great or it was a line.. but either way they're good seats. only others available in 110 were at least 10 rows further back and further towards the goal line.

What will it be like going into the new stadium for the first time? I mean strictly from the fan perspective. New people sitting around you if you are a season ticket holder. New routines to be made. It will be exciting no doubt.

What will you miss about the old stadium?

As someone who experienced the opening of a new Stadium I'll give you my 2 cents.

1). Opening night at Gillette was LOUD. I expect the new Meadowlands to be the same when the Jets crush the Ravens.

2). It's weird meeting the people who are going to be your "season ticket friends" as most of the people I was next to at the old Stadium moved upstairs or gave up their tickets.

3). I'll miss Gate D :P

Archived