Thoughts on the new stadium

Maxman

What will it be like going into the new stadium for the first time? I mean strictly from the fan perspective. New people sitting around you if you are a season ticket holder. New routines to be made. It will be exciting no doubt.

What will you miss about the old stadium?

I will miss the joyous feeling of watching all of the sad sacks getting on the escalator to heaven while I took the short ride to the lower level. The shorter ride also meant less time for the escalator to malfunction.

I will now be one of those sad sacks, riding even further into the stratosphere to get to my seats.

Will definitely be strange- so used to the old stadium the good and bad of it. Hopefully parking and leaving the stadium will be better also.

I can't imagine that the parking situation would be worse. Hopefully what they said is true and exiting the stadium is much easier.

That was my fear from the start, but I also hope it helped weed out the fans that boo at dumb ****. Home field advantage should be just that.

It is my feeling that the SOJ fan is a dieing breed, at least I hope.

ah the optimism of youth. no one faults you for being a homer so you shouldn't fault those who have experienced decades of agony for their SOJ attitude.

That was my fear from the start, but I also hope it helped weed out the fans that boo at dumb ****. Home field advantage should be just that.

It is my feeling that the SOJ fan is a dieing breed, at least I hope.

There are going to be more fans who boo than in the old stadium.

There will be more one-timers going than ever before and they like to get drunk, act stupid and try to be cool.

ah the optimism of youth. no one faults you for being a homer so you shouldn't fault those who have experienced decades of agony for their SOJ attitude.

I just choose to be positive, I'm 30 years old and have been to every home game since I was 8.

I never understood the fans that boo, yes even during tough times. It's not youth it's just trying to be supportive.

I can't stand people in the crowd who think they know better then those on the field. Worst of all booing at our player injuries, such as Pennington, just disgraceful.

I just choose to be positive, I'm 30 years old and have been to every home game since I was 8.

I never understood the fans that boo, yes even during tough times. It's not youth it's just trying to be supportive.

I can't stand people in the crowd who think they know better then those on the field. Worst of all booing at our player injuries, such as Pennington, just disgraceful.

They actually cheered when Pennington got hurt.

I don't think he fully understands SOJ.

The Jets have us right where they want us. Our guard is down, this is the year we get kicked in the dick.

Think 1999 x 10.

They actually cheered when Pennington got hurt.

No one boo'ed. We cheered.

That's right, I was screaming at the top of my lungs because I knew his time as a Jet was over and he was the only thing holding us back. And look where we are now, finally able to move on.

Not 2 years later, and people have the Jets winning the superbowl.

Facts are facts, no one cheered because the guy was in pain. More so that we could finally start thinking about the future.

No one boo'ed. We cheered.

That's right, I was screaming at the top of my lungs because I knew his time as a Jet was over and he was the only thing holding us back. And look where we are now, finally able to move on.

Not 2 years later, and people have the Jets winning the superbowl.

Facts are facts, no one cheered because the guy was in pain. More so that we could finally start thinking about the future.

Speak for yourself, freaking disgraceful.

That's like cheering for a car accident. At least we know you earned your scout douchebadge quite easily.

I'll have to reply to your witty comeback later.

Speak for yourself, freaking disgraceful.

That's like cheering for a car accident. At least we know you earned your scout douchebadge quite easily.

I'll have to reply to your witty comeback later.

It's nothing like cheering for a car accident.

Its like cheering for a future. Nobody in their right mind was cheering that a player got hurt. I already said that.

I knew my post wasn't going to be a popular one. But its true. The whole stadium was cheering, wasn't even an issue till Olberman awarded 'Jets Fans' as the worst person in the NFL on Football Night in America. He went on to say that we were cheering that Chad got hurt and everyone believed him.

the new rail line from secaucus should help some

Took it to the Jets/Falcons last December.

Think of the rail scenes in "Schindler's List"-state troopers and dogs herding a huge crowd onto trains in freezing cold. But slower. Also all those wonderful, helpful NJT employees at Penn and Secaucus stations who apparently came to work with idea of treating their customers and their questions like a great intrusion on their newspaper-reading Sunday.

To that douchebag that refused us a chance to get on an earlier train-you are still an arsehole. GFY and mom too. When Christie trims the budget, NJT figures to be a great place to start.

I don't think he fully understands SOJ.

The Jets have us right where they want us. Our guard is down, this is the year we get kicked in the dick.

Think 1999 x 10.

The only thing keeping me from agreeing with you is that the Jets finally have the coach they need and thats what has been holding them down all along. The Curse of the Jets is having coaches like Edwards, Mangini, Kotite, etc. It looks like thats over. Unless Rex dies of fatness.

Took it to the Jets/Falcons last December.

Think of the rail scenes in "Schindler's List"-state troopers and dogs herding a huge crowd onto trains in freezing cold. But slower. Also all those wonderful, helpful NJT employees at Penn and Secaucus stations who apparently came to work with idea of treating their customers and their questions like a great intrusion on their newspaper-reading Sunday.

To that douchebag that refused us a chance to get on an earlier train-you are still an arsehole. GFY and mom too. When Christie trims the budget, NJT figures to be a great place to start.

Getting back on after the game sucked if you tried to rush with the bulk of the crowd, but so does getting on the turnpike...

Overall I took the train from Brewster NY to Grand Central the from penn to the game and was happy.

The only thing keeping me from agreeing with you is that the Jets finally have the coach they need and thats what has been holding them down all along. The Curse of the Jets is having coaches like Edwards, Mangini, Kotite, etc. It looks like thats over. Unless Rex dies of fatness.

We had Parcells in 99.

if they want to sell the PSLs to pay for this thing why not just announce that for the first 5 years, the stadium will bear the name of one lucky PSL holder.

That would be incredible. If I won, I'd read the wikipedia about my stadium everyday.

We had Parcells in 99.

I didn't say a good coach, I said the coach we need. Parcells came to the Jets after leaving the Pats just because they drafted a WR he didn't like. It was obvious that the guy was touchy and might leave fast. With Rex we have a guy who will stick with us for as long as his gigantic body can live.

Archived