Jul 22

9:22

AM ET

By Rich Cimini

Part IV of our training-camp preview:

Unit: Tight Ends

Depth Chart: Dustin Keller, Ben Hartsock, Matthew Mulligan, Jeff Cumberland

On the Bubble: Mulligan, Cumberland.

Player to Watch: Keller. He showed in the playoffs what he can do. Now for the other 16 games

If Cumberland has a good camp I could see T-Rick getting the axe.

I agree.

I think that Keller started looking better when the team made a concerted effort to get the ball to him, throwing short TE rollouts, etc. I don't see why they didn't do it more often, but it seemed they did it the last few games and in the playoffs.

I agree.

I think that Keller started looking better when the team made a concerted effort to get the ball to him, throwing short TE rollouts, etc. I don't see why they didn't do it more often, but it seemed they did it the last few games and in the playoffs.

Because Brian Schottenheimer is borderline retarded with how he calls some games ;)

Because Brian Schottenheimer is borderline retarded with how he calls some games ;)

I kind of suspect that is more on Sanchez’s rookie tendencies. He just didn’t have NFL field vision at the time.

Hopefully all this film watching he has done in this offseason will make him aware that Keller presents a better match up then a WR who is doubled.

Why would we cut T-Rich when he is one of the best fullbacks in the game???????

T-Rich has been an excellent player over the years. His play was still good last year, but not what it once was.

If you remember he originally was strongly considering retiring when the season ended. At the time the Jets didn

The plays that I'm talking about were plays where Sanchez didn't have a choice. Not involving Keller may have been a tendency. The plays I'm talking about are one option plays, quick hits to Keller.

Dom, I think we will see a lot more of that this year after the success in the play offs

If Cumberland has a good camp I could see T-Rick getting the axe.

With all the crap the Jets are getting about taking care of their players I don't know that the Jets would keep TRich around just to cut him. I mean, I could see them doing it but that is just cold blooded.

Archived