ZELDA MAFIA : GAME ON

RuninOut

If you're trying to get under my skin by insulting me, it won't work. I'm not easily offended, and it frankly makes you look like a dick regardless of your alignment.

But please, carry on. B)

Your sensitivity reminds me of Tony Dungy.

Way to blow the game, thanks for wasting everyones time.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is now day seven. With 4 alive, you need 3 to lynch. Deadline Wednesday 10PM EDT

Vote count:

Jetscode (2) – Brett

Brett (2) – Verbal, Jetscode, WE

Not voting –

With 4 alive, you need 3 to lynch. You have until Wednesday 10PM EDT

I heart you too, Brett, even though I now have to kill you.

Without further ado, because there has been more than enough....

Gannondorf.jpg

Brett, Ganondorf, Mafia godfather/SK is finally dead. Hyrule is saved!

Congrats, town, and great job, everyone! Role PMs to follow.

War Ensemble - You are the great fairy

You are aligned with the town

You are the healer and can protect one person from a nightkill per night.

Jif - You are the Happy Mask Salesman

You win with the town

You have the ability of selecting one person each night and disguising them as a current player. You tell me the player you wish to give a mask to, and what player the mask is of. The player who receives the mask if viewed by a finder will show the alignment of the person’s mask they are wearing, any actions that target the person wearing the mask will be redirected to the person who the mask is made after.

Jetscode - You are Darunia

You are a tough character and it takes one extra vote to lynch you. If you are nightkilled your killer will be given a post restriction.

AVM - You are Link

You are a townie

You have the ability to slow down a day so it takes to lynches, speed up a day so it whoever has the most votes is lynched, and to speed up a night so there are no night actions. You can use each ability once.

El Gringo Loco – You are Granny

You are a townie and win with the town

You are an apothecary. With an ability to make a three potions, one that would kill, one that would make someone unnightkillabel, and one that would silence. You can make each one time.

I-28 - You are Zelda

You win with the town

You have the power of prophetic visions and can see what allignemnt a person will flip when they are at l-2. You can only use this twice though.

Crusher - You are the man who can see truth

You have the ability to look at a vote count and guess a number, I will tell you less or more to the number of anti town members on there.

Verb - You are the Keapora Gaebora

You are the finder. You can pick a player and get an not innocent or innocent viewing.

You are a townie and win with the town

Brett - You are Ganondorf

You are a Godfather

You are on a mafia team with CTM, DanX , and also you are on a mafia team with Sharow, and Vic. You win if it is just you and another player at endgame So you are basically a SK. You view innocent.

````````````````````````````

CTM - You are Phantom Gannon

You win with the mafia

You are untraceable and can't be tracked from your NA, but are not finder immune. You are on a mafia team with Bret, and Dan

QT: http://quicktopic.com/44/H/5nKfAT5ZDmJ

DanX - You are Volvagia

You win with the mafia

You have a one shot unblockable kill You are on a mafia team with Brett and CTM

QT: http://quicktopic.com/44/H/5nKfAT5ZDmJ

``````````````````````````

Vic - You are King Dodongo

You are mafia

You win with the mafia, you have a bomb ability and your teammates are Bret, and the Sharrow

QT: http://quicktopic.com/44/H/xpWXJ3Gfwej

Sharrow - You are Barinade

You win with the mafia

You have the ability to paralyze someone, and they can only post once for that game day. You are on a team with Vic and Brett

QT: http://quicktopic.com/44/H/xpWXJ3Gfwej

`````````````````````````

Pac - You are the Ghost Hunter

You are a survivor

You win if you make it to endgame. You have an immunity from two nks and you are viewed as innocent if viewed by a finder

``````````````````````

Slats - You are Din

You sympathize with Ganondorf and you win if you can stop a lynch on Ganondorf, or live until endgame with Ganondorf still alive.

Bret is Ganondorf

JVoR - You are Nayru

You sympathize with Zelda and you win if you can stop a lynch on Zelda, or live until endgame with Zelda still alive

Zelda is I-28

Bleedin - You are Farore

You sympathize with Link and you win if you can stop a lynch on link, or live until endgame with link still alive

AVM is Link

JC asked me this, and I thought I'd answer it on thread.

What was the mistake you made that hurt the cause of the mafia? When Pac went out you mentioned something that I have spent too much time trying to figure out...

When Vic was lynched, Pac had not unvoted. I didn't catch it until I had already blown Slats up with the bomb. I should not have killed him. I should have waited for Pac to unvote and revote, which would have meant he would have died. I cost the mafia their symp with my mistake. I offered Brett a get out of lynch free card and he chose not to use it. I reminded him of the offer at endgame and he still chose not to. So, town, you have Brett to thank as much as anyone for this win.

As for my other mistake, Pac should not have been nightkillable, and I blew that, too. Runin puts a lot of details into his games, as you can see, and I got lost in a few of them. Sorry, guys.

Booyeah.

Good game people. Now would be a good time to tell me how awesome a Cop I am. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Brett - nice try, lol.

I have to say you impressed the hell out of me. Who catches scum nights one and two?

All I have to say is, who had Bret pegged day 1?

Me.

Oh yeah, who sent CTM a PM after he was killed because he knew CTM was scum.

Me.

I'm the greatest and whenever the next game is played, Bret is the first lynch.

What if I make you scummates? :D

Question to the group for next year - Can you guys deal with a game with events happening throughout the game, or should I stick with just some crazy roles? The events would be based on your choices.

Quote of the game was from ctm when I told him that I'm not scum but a sk playing 2 scum teams...

CTM  183

08-12-2010 01:20 AM ET (US)

This is why I should've bused your a$$ on day 1 like I would've a year ago..

CaptainSMCerica and other hero's have weakened me

Oh well.. GG.. and good luck, still rooting for you

And verb, no hard feelings. Once I saw you were immune to emo defense I just wanted to piss you off.

And I still think lynching JC made more sense than me. He was about as nonsensical as Hess on that last day.

Even though he ended up being impossible to lynch... I was ****ed either way.

And verb, no hard feelings. Once I saw you were immune to emo defense I just wanted to piss you off.

And I still think lynching JC made more sense than me. He was about as nonsensical as Hess on that last day.

Yeah, by that time, you kinda were. A mislynch would have saved you, but nothing else. I wish you had NKed him and took the PR. Then you could have won this thing. I have never seen an SK win, and I wanted to. So close...

Good game guys. Not a fan of the setup though. If you didn't pick it up from the roles, Me and Vic were on a seperate QT than CTM and Dan were. I don't think me or Vic had much of a chance. Maybe we were really on CTM and Dan's team? We didn't know it if we were, and we were working against them. Not that it mattered though cause Brett had 100% control of our NK. Only thing that made it slightly balanced was that there were 4 other non-mafia players with tough win conditions too. No wonder the game took so long, half the game probably didn't think they even had a chance to win.

Basically it came down to us thinking our only chance was getting our Godfather investigated (Thanks I28) and having him make it to endgame. Then it turns out that our only chance to win was to get our Godfather killed before he could sacrifice us himself, lol.

You did a great job keeping it all together though, Lily.

Here's me, Vic, and Brett's QT.

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xpWXJ3Gfwej

Great job investigating Vic and CTM, Verbal.

You are correct - it did make more sense to lynch JC the way he was acting....which actually worked to make me think the opposite. I thought mafia would play it much more reserved at endgame to not accidently expose themself.....an earlier day and I would have voted for JC.

Good game everybody. After reading the QTs....damn, Vic. Those instincts are sharp.

Good game guys. Not a fan of the setup though. If you didn't pick it up from the roles, Me and Vic were on a seperate QT than CTM and Dan were. I don't think me or Vic had much of a chance. Maybe we were really on CTM and Dan's team? We didn't know it if we were, and we were working against them. Not that it mattered though cause Brett had 100% control of our NK. Only thing that made it slightly balanced was that there were 4 other non-mafia players with tough win conditions too. No wonder the game took so long, half the game probably didn't think they even had a chance to win.

Basically it came down to us thinking our only chance was getting our Godfather investigated (Thanks I28) and having him make it to endgame. Then it turns out that our only chance to win was to get our Godfather killed before he could sacrifice us himself, lol.

You did a great job keeping it all together though, Lily.

Here's me, Vic, and Brett's QT.

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xpWXJ3Gfwej

Great job investigating Vic and CTM, Verbal.

I 100% agree with this. I'm sure Brett had an awesome time because his partners were basically cannon fodder since he controls the kills and knows both teams. Not to mention he's the Godfather. Way too powerful imo even if it's difficult for him to win solo. It makes gameplay crappy for his teammates bigtime. Not taking anything from Brett who did a good job in his role.

3rd party roles that depend on the survival of another character is also a huge drawback in my eyes. Being a lameduck i.e what BG was through no fault of his is very unentertaining.

Also, I hope Runin is okay. And if he is, please don't mod a game you aren't even going to be around for. Lily did her best but it wasn't even her concept to begin with.

Good game to all...especially you Lily...Very difficult set-up and you were masterful...

Nice job Verbal...great cop...trusted you throughout.

War...for some reason you had me flip-flopping the last couple of days...each time I came back on your side...the next I'd re-analyze and suspect you again...my fault but you played great.

Brett...excellent foil...didn't know till the end whether you were guilty or just dumb...eventually I realized I was out-thinking myself...and you were just smart scum...great game.

I learned alot from all of you. Thanks.

I really appreciate all the compliments, guys. Thanks. I had a blast!

I won't even try to comment on the balance of this game. I don't have a clue how to balance with two mafias to begin with, and that's just the tip of this iceberg.

Biggest mistake of the game was that Dan had a one unblockabke kill ability. We got a little trigger happy and used in n1... I really don't know why but it made sense at the time. Verb would have been dead n2 if we held on

That was a mistake for me, not for you :D

You are correct - it did make more sense to lynch JC the way he was acting....which actually worked to make me think the opposite. I thought mafia would play it much more reserved at endgame to not accidently expose themself.....an earlier day and I would have voted for JC.

Good game everybody. After reading the QTs....damn, Vic. Those instincts are sharp.

Thanks Verb- Great job on being the cop. I figured i was done for pretty early on not being a GF but it's still always fun playing as scum :). Unfortunately I didn't' stick to my guns and push my cases hard enough. I still felt the right plays was always to get the doc and then you. The long you were around the more you had the ear of the town. Great game Verb.

Lily- Thanks for taking the game over and doing the best you could. We really appreciated the effort. Too bad we couldn't have a more involved game to end out the season :(.

I will take all the credit for protecting Verbal, thanks.

How many times did you target him? I protected him every night after the first and was going to protect him again the next night if Brett was innocent.

Jetscode, you played really scummy all game to me. I don't know how you had Vic pinned down for so long day one, that looked like such obvious distancing lol. But here's your victory celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw74lodqNYM

Also, thanks to Lily for modding the game and all that.

I will take all the credit for protecting Verbal, thanks.

How many times did you target him? I protected him every night after the first and was going to protect him again the next night if Brett was innocent.

Jetscode, you played really scummy all game to me. I don't know how you had Vic pinned down for so long day one, that looked like such obvious distancing lol. But here's your victory celebration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw74lodqNYM

Also, thanks to Lily for modding the game and all that.

only once. When i28 died as Zelda I thought maybe avm as link was doc.

I didn't want to kill you the whole game cause I thought you'd be an easy lynch if I started getting pressure... Oh well

only once. When i28 died as Zelda I thought maybe avm as link was doc.

I didn't want to kill you the whole game cause I thought you'd be an easy lynch if I started getting pressure... Oh well

That's a good idea, generally speaking. My last mafia game I was lynched before even getting a chance to prove myself...lol.

I completely sympathize. This is exactly how I felt after LOST when I found out that I had been working toward the wrong goal all game. sh*t happens, but it's still fun, right?

Archived