Clowney Offers Revis half His Pay

flgreen

Clowney pleads for Revis return

August, 10, 2010 Aug 102:56PM ETEmail Print Comments By Rich CiminiNew York Jets WR David Clowney reached out to Darrelle Revis, via Twitter, imploring his disgruntled teammate to report to camp. Here is Clowney's tweet:

"Homeboy Come on back 2 practice so we can win this Super Bowl I'll hook you up with half my check Not much but itll hold U down 4 now."

Clowney is right about one thing: It's not much. The backup receiver is due to make $545,000 this season. Some perspective: If the Jets meet Revis' asking price ($16.5 million per year), which they won't, it would translate to $970,000 per game.

It's going to take a lot more dough from Clowney to make his wish come true.

Clowney pleads for Revis return

August, 10, 2010 Aug 102:56PM ETEmail Print Comments By Rich CiminiNew York Jets WR David Clowney reached out to Darrelle Revis, via Twitter, imploring his disgruntled teammate to report to camp. Here is Clowney's tweet:

"Homeboy Come on back 2 practice so we can win this Super Bowl I'll hook you up with half my check Not much but itll hold U down 4 now."

Clowney is right about one thing: It's not much. The backup receiver is due to make $545,000 this season. Some perspective: If the Jets meet Revis' asking price ($16.5 million per year), which they won't, it would translate to $970,000 per game.

It's going to take a lot more dough from Clowney to make his wish come true.

Is that official, that's the salary Revis is demanding?

I'm wondering if the Jets structured the Revis deal so he can't afford what he's doing. So Revis gets paid $16M, pays half to taxes, 4% to agents, has to buy food for his family. Now he has to pay $2.5M in fines to hold out a whole season. How much does he have to pay to buy back the last two years of his deal? Will he have enough to afford it?

Of course his agents could lend him money. Its standard for agents to lend players money advanced against their contract on the day they sign them as college kids. But if Revis' agents lend Revis big money it gives them an incentive to talk some sense into Revision.

6 years $96 million, and something like $45 guaranteed is what I hear.

Here's my top offer...take it or leave it. 6 years...90 mil and between 30-35 in guaranteed money. I think he could take care of quite a few families with that...in fact, go donate some of that coin to some veteran who just lost his legs in Iraq or Afghanistan...don't even get me ******* started...this prick has really changed my opinion on how I will look at him going forward.

Here's my top offer...take it or leave it. 6 years...90 mil and between 30-35 in guaranteed money. I think he could take care of quite a few families with that...in fact, go donate some of that coin to some veteran who just lost his legs in Iraq or Afghanistan...don't even get me ******* started...this prick has really changed my opinion on how I will look at him going forward.

Agreed!

Agreed!

dear darrelle,

i am by no means a rich man,however i am willing to skip every jets home game this year and send you the money that i would have spent on the games if you get your greedy a$$ in camp.i am in the process of starting "the darrelle revis releif fund" as we speak.i am also starting a patition that will guarantee players like you,with at least 3 years left on your contract,to receive pay raises,fully guaranteed of course,of 50% to 60% above the top paid player at their position.players like you with 1 great year under your belt,do not deserve this kinda treatment.hope to see you in camp soon"

sincerely, the #1 revis fan

p.s. **** the jets and the other 52 guys.we all know your are above the team

Is that official, that's the salary Revis is demanding?

that's a million per game

even jets fans will be able to figure that one out

if he gets that, he'll get booed every time he gives up a recpetion, and in every section some drunk will yell, "we don't pay you a million a game to suck you greedy ******* !"

Archived