This Is An 8-8 Team

SoFlaJets

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen so far guys, this is a crappy team.

Starting with the QB position I think Marty is right if Sanchez does what he did last year it's a win. Sanchez is taking some hard shots and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out this week that that shoulder he landed on is hurt.

The offensive line has regressed, again, I will go back to an expert; Joe Namath and what he said about Faneca being let go. Slauson and Vlad are real weak links and especially our pass protection is way behind what it was a year ago.

The running game will also suffer because of this and I get this bad feeling that injuries are coming without adequate back up insurance.

The wide receivers aren't catching the football or getting separation and even when they do Sanchez is missing them by 5 yards

These injuries to Ripati or whatever his name is and now Pace are just the kind of freak accidents that kill a team and our linebacking corps still can't get any sacks-once again it's taking DB's blitzing to get any-just like last year when they accounted for a third of our paltry 32 sacks.

the defensive backs seem out of sync and Cromartie can't make the interceptions, yea Revis is missed but even if he were here it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway since we can't seem to score any TDs.

The special teams units are the one bright spot and I believe it will be because of them that we even make it TO .500.

Unless something drastically changes this will be a long season and regardless of what Rex Ryan says this is no Super Bowl team

Crappy teams Doen't go .500 in the NFL. Mediocre teams do.

The only thing I look for in pre-season games are the new players. Everyone else, unless they are getting old (really no one), coming off a serious injury (no one) - I know what thay are going to do. Sanchez does not do what he did in the playoffs and then regress. D'Brick will not regress after 4 straight years of improvement. Green is the real deal. Don't put anything in a couple pre-season games.

As far as the new blood, things could not look better.

Cromartie - sensational. what a difference it makes when you match a defense style with a player's skills.

Wilson - unbelievable for a rookie. Tremendous upside.

Pool - Upgrade over Rhoades.

LT - Wow. Combo with Green will be awesome.

Holmes - Too bad we have to wait 4 games - but it will be worth the wait. We have not had one of these since Wes Walker.

Slauson - They knew what they were doing. Nice run blocker. Needs a few more games playing alongside D'Brick and the pass protection will be fine.

Folk - missed PAT was disturbing, but great otherwise.

This team will go 12-4 without Revis. 14-2 with him.

I am so jealous of posters in this thread who see doom and gloom. You are going to be so pleaseantly surprised.

Archived