This Is An 8-8 Team

SoFlaJets

From what I've seen so far guys, this is a crappy team.

Starting with the QB position I think Marty is right if Sanchez does what he did last year it's a win. Sanchez is taking some hard shots and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out this week that that shoulder he landed on is hurt.

The offensive line has regressed, again, I will go back to an expert; Joe Namath and what he said about Faneca being let go. Slauson and Vlad are real weak links and especially our pass protection is way behind what it was a year ago.

The running game will also suffer because of this and I get this bad feeling that injuries are coming without adequate back up insurance.

The wide receivers aren't catching the football or getting separation and even when they do Sanchez is missing them by 5 yards

These injuries to Ripati or whatever his name is and now Pace are just the kind of freak accidents that kill a team and our linebacking corps still can't get any sacks-once again it's taking DB's blitzing to get any-just like last year when they accounted for a third of our paltry 32 sacks.

the defensive backs seem out of sync and Cromartie can't make the interceptions, yea Revis is missed but even if he were here it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway since we can't seem to score any TDs.

The special teams units are the one bright spot and I believe it will be because of them that we even make it TO .500.

Unless something drastically changes this will be a long season and regardless of what Rex Ryan says this is no Super Bowl team

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that but football is football whether it's played at the schoolyard with your friends in an arena or outside at a stadium during the summer. Blocking is still blocking, passing and catching are still passing and catching and right now we can't do any of it...Sanchez won't make it through the Ravens game at this rate

Starting with the QB position I think Marty is right if Sanchez does what he did last year it's a win. Sanchez is taking some hard shots and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out this week that that shoulder he landed on is hurt.

The offensive line has regressed, again, I will go back to an expert; Joe Namath and what he said about Faneca being let go. Slauson and Vlad are real weak links and especially our pass protection is way behind what it was a year ago.

The running game will also suffer because of this and I get this bad feeling that injuries are coming without adequate back up insurance.

The wide receivers aren't catching the football or getting separation and even when they do Sanchez is missing them by 5 yards

These injuries to Ripati or whatever his name is and now Pace are just the kind of freak accidents that kill a team and our linebacking corps still can't get any sacks-once again it's taking DB's blitzing to get any-just like last year when they accounted for a third of our paltry 32 sacks.

the defensive backs seem out of sync and Cromartie can't make the interceptions, yea Revis is missed but even if he were here it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway since we can't seem to score any TDs.

The special teams units are the one bright spot and I believe it will be because of them that we even make it TO .500.

Unless something drastically changes this will be a long season and regardless of what Rex Ryan says this is no Super Bowl team

Jimmy, I'm disappointed. The sky is falling thread is supposed to predict 4-12, not 8-8!!

The absolute last thing this team needs is drastic changes. They need a little more communication with the DBs, some cohesion on the OL and for Sanchez to play a little better. Only a little. Ducasse looks lost and personally screwed one drive. Slauson seems okay. Maybe not as good as Faneca, but not a huge detriment either. They DON'T NEED A PASS RUSH. There was none last year and they were the #1 D against the pass. What all that blitzing does is make sure the QB gets rid of the ball. This takes the pressure off the CB. They only have to cover for a short time. For instance, the first drive, Galloway beat Cromartie (and the S help he was past them whoever's fault it was) but the pressure forced Grossman to heave it too deep and out of bounds. Don't be afraid. It will be a fun season and we will be wrecking people with the D. Super Bowl talk is premature with Sanchez looking like this, but I still think it's a very competitive team and one of the biggest question marks, Tomlinson, seems to be A-OK.

10 win team at least. I'll sig bet with anyone. Even do the DWC/Alk loser leaves bet.

Pre-season games. Pre-season.

Pre-season.

Pre-season.

Practice? Are you talking about practice?

The defense is okay. Cut Jason Taylor because he sucks. The offense needs a new OC and they need to treat Sanchez like he's a normal player and not the chosen one. If he plays well start him, if he doesn't bench him, just like with everyone else.

And LT needs to start. He is the best offensive player on the team.

Bringing back Faneca would help but I don't think thats going to happen.

The defense is okay. Cut Jason Taylor because he sucks. The offense needs a new OC and they need to treat Sanchez like he's a normal player and not the chosen one. If he plays well start him, if he doesn't bench him, just like with everyone else.

Bringing back Faneca would help but I don't think thats going to happen.

we also need Mike T on the phone last NIGHT with Adalius

I hope you're right bro because from what I'm seeing now especially at the QB position and the step backwards that the offensive line seems to have taken has me very concerned

The Colts suck every preseason and just lost 59-24..... they seem to do well every year

did you see him make the guy in the hole miss, then bounce it outside and turn the corner ?

I haven't seen a jet RB do that since freeeman

I think he will wind up starting, or at least getting as many touches as greene

D'Brick is the last guy I would've resigned. He looked good when he was next to Faneca or Kendall, not so good when he's lined up next to anyone less. He's at the point where he should be able to effectively help out the guy next to him, not need the help. The guy is the most overrated player on this team by far. I'll give him this, though: he was smart to get his contract guaranteed against skill.

Sanchez is frustrating to watch. His inexperience is obvious, and he's still tentative. His passes have not been accurate. His short passes have been behind the receivers, and his long passes are overthrown. Thing is, he has to keep throwing the ball. It's the only way he's going to get better. If this team is going to really hope to make it to the postseason and compete there, he's going to have to improve between now and January - a lot.

The Jets have good receivers. I'm not worried about them. I think it's Mark's throws that make them look like they're not getting open. I'm also really not worried about the running game. LT looks much better than advertised, Greene looks solid, and Conner could prove to be an upgrade over Richardson by year's end.

The strength of the Jets defense last year was the secondary. The front seven has now taken a couple hits. They were thin on the DL before Ropati got hurt, and were thin at LB before Pace got hurt. Both guys were going to be counted on in the pass rush - which was already not a strength. I'm very concerned that Jason Taylor will get burnt out as an every down player. Without Revis, the combination of Cro & Wilson is a step down. Both players need safety help, and that was obvious with Rex Grossman throwing to Moss and Galloway. It's going to be ugly when they're facing Anquan, Randy, and Brandon.

No one wants to hear it... it's a team game, it's not about one guy, etc... but this team is not competing without Revis. He frees up another guy to get after the passer, and this team needs that. This team needs a defense that isn't just above average, but dominant. If they're depending on Sanchez to run Schotty's offense in the two minute drill to win football games, the Jets aren't winning many.

Specials teams have been the only real bright spot. They look better than last year. I'm pretty excited about McKnight on punt returns, and the coverage units have been sick.

D'Brick is the last guy I would've resigned. He looked good when he was next to Faneca or Kendall, not so good when he's lined up next to anyone less. He's at the point where he should be able to effectively help out the guy next to him, not need the help. The guy is the most overrated player on this team by far. I'll give him this, though: he was smart to get his contract guaranteed against skill.

Sanchez is frustrating to watch. His inexperience is obvious, and he's still tentative. His passes have not been accurate. His short passes have been behind the receivers, and his long passes are overthrown. Thing is, he has to keep throwing the ball. It's the only way he's going to get better. If this team is going to really hope to make it to the postseason and compete there, he's going to have to improve between now and January - a lot.

The Jets have good receivers. I'm not worried about them. I think it's Mark's throws that make them look like they're not getting open. I'm also really not worried about the running game. LT looks much better than advertised, Greene looks solid, and Conner could prove to be an upgrade over Richardson by year's end.

The strength of the Jets defense last year was the secondary. The front seven has now taken a couple hits. They were thin on the DL before Ropati got hurt, and were thin at LB before Pace got hurt. Both guys were going to be counted on in the pass rush - which was already not a strength. I'm very concerned that Jason Taylor will get burnt out as an every down player. Without Revis, the combination of Cro & Wilson is a step down. Both players need safety help, and that was obvious with Rex Grossman throwing to Moss and Galloway. It's going to be ugly when they're facing Anquan, Randy, and Brandon.

No one wants to hear it... it's a team game, it's not about one guy, etc... but this team is not competing without Revis. He frees up another guy to get after the passer, and this team needs that. This team needs a defense that isn't just above average, but dominant. If they're depending on Sanchez to run Schotty's offense in the two minute drill to win football games, the Jets aren't winning many.

Specials teams have been the only real bright spot. They look better than last year. I'm pretty excited about McKnight on punt returns, and the coverage units have been sick.

uhm...yeah, okay.

I understand that but football is football whether it's played at the schoolyard with your friends in an arena or outside at a stadium during the summer. Blocking is still blocking, passing and catching are still passing and catching and right now we can't do any of it...Sanchez won't make it through the Ravens game at this rate

Remember the year we went 5-0 in the preseason? We looked great and had high expectations after that awesome preseason. We wound up being a sub 500 team that season. So preseason means absolutely nothing. Remember too that many of the starters are not going full force and some are just going through the motions, like Jason Taylor. When the season starts that all changes.

You may have been called many things, but stupid isnt one of them.

+1. Offensively we're a joke.

With every fiber of me I want to believe that the Jets can win a SB this year, but this offense is simply not ready. Maybe we're putting too much on Sanchez. He's not a good QB yet, and he's slightly under a solid QB. And for the "Shotty" haters out there, I dont want to hear it. Shotty is making good calls, Sanchez isnt reading the field correctly or quickly. There were atleast 3 bootlegs that was ran but instead of Sanchez quickly dumping the ball off and allowing the receiver to make something of it he held on to the ball which gave the defense a chance to recognize the play and we ended up with a f'ing loss of a down...ON A BOOTLEG. C'mon, I can f'ing run a bootleg.

Last nights game was an embarassment. To leave your #1's in the game for 3 Qtrs just to get a TD just showed the entire NFL that this offense is a Joke, and when I say "this offense" I mean Sanchez decision making.

P.S. Tomlinson is a beast of a running back. All those people who said that we should have kept TJ and not sign LT should be quiet from here on out.

Last nights game was an embarassment. To leave your #1's in the game for 3 Qtrs just to get a TD just showed the entire NFL that this offense is a Joke, and when I say "this offense" I mean Sanchez decision making.

P.S. Tomlinson is a beast of a running back. All those people who said that we should have kept TJ and not sign LT should be quiet from here on out.

I think the plan all along was to have the starters play 3 quarters. They weren't going to deviate from that even if the Skins didn't follow suit.

I think the plan all along was to have the starters play 3 quarters. They weren't going to deviate from that even if the Skins didn't follow suit.

That may be so, and I heard that at the beginning of the football game, however, it didnt look like that down the stretch. It looked like the offense was desperate for a score and it took them 3 qtrs to produce something to finally help out the defense that kept it close as usual.

We cant do sh*t like that and be considered a SB contender.

People have to calm down _I have seen the Jets go 4 and 0 in preseason and fall flat on their faces in the real season.

Also remember this team was a 9 and 7 team last year- with two late wins to get there.

You may have been called many things, but stupid isnt one of them.

+1. Offensively we're a joke.

With every fiber of me I want to believe that the Jets can win a SB this year, but this offense is simply not ready. Maybe we're putting too much on Sanchez. He's not a good QB yet, and he's slightly under a solid QB. And for the "Shotty" haters out there, I dont want to hear it. Shotty is making good calls, Sanchez isnt reading the field correctly or quickly. There were atleast 3 bootlegs that was ran but instead of Sanchez quickly dumping the ball off and allowing the receiver to make something of it he held on to the ball which gave the defense a chance to recognize the play and we ended up with a f'ing loss of a down...ON A BOOTLEG. C'mon, I can f'ing run a bootleg.

the jets, and sanchez, played better when they abandoned Schotty's empty backfields and WR screens, and went to ground and pound and a ton of play action at season's end and into the playoffs. I think he is more efficient in that kind of a setup. Plus he isn't getting flattened all the time in those no RB sets.

the jets, and sanchez, played better when they abandoned Schotty's empty backfields and WR screens, and went to ground and pound and a ton of play action at season's end and into the playoffs. I think he is more efficient in that kind of a setup. Plus he isn't getting flattened all the time in those no RB sets.

Again, that wasnt because of Shotty's playcalling, it was a lack of execution on Sanchez part. With ground and pound all Sanchez has to do is hand the ball off. He did that so much that by the playoffs TJ was done. All im saying is that when the ball is in Sanchez hands I think everyone holds their breath until the play is over because we know that at anytime that ball can be INT'd. There's no level of confidence that you get from him as you would a Rogers, Flacco, Ryan etc. Sanchez has to step up and help this team.

It's still preseason. But come on! This was game 3, which most coaches see as the biggest game on the preseason schedule. Game 4 is a "don't get anybody hurt otherwise who cares" game.

In 2008, the Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, and proceeded to have a 0-16 regular season record. So the final score W-L wise really does not matter. But, looking at what this team can do, and apparently can not do (like run a competent offense) you would have to be at least a bit concerned about the upcoming season.

On another note, it appears that the NFC's best teams are better than the AFC's best. I will say now that an NFC team will be hoisting the Lombardi again in Dallas in February 2011.

That may be so, and I heard that at the beginning of the football game, however, it didnt look like that down the stretch. It looked like the offense was desperate for a score and it took them 3 qtrs to produce something to finally help out the defense that kept it close as usual.

We cant do sh*t like that and be considered a SB contender.

I think people are overreacting as these are preseason games. I was just as disgusted as anyone else over the offense the last 2 games. But then I realize these are practice games and then I calm down. Looking at last nights game: Holmes fumbles after a 23 yard gain to end a drive, McKnight fumbles again to end another drive, Vlad playing guard with the 1st string, vanilla play calling, guys not going all out, etc. In regular season, I don't see McKnight getting many, if any carries and will be taught better ball control. Vlad will be a back up this season. The fumble by Holmes is an aberration.

Will they be a powerhouse offense? No. But they won't be as bad as they've been in the preseason. My only worry is how Sanchez will play once the games count.

It's still preseason. But come on! This was game 3, which most coaches see as the biggest game on the preseason schedule. Game 4 is a "don't get anybody hurt otherwise who cares" game.

In 2008, the Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, and proceeded to have a 0-16 regular season record. So the final score W-L wise really does not matter. But, looking at what this team can do, and apparently can not do (like run a competent offense) you would have to be at least a bit concerned about the upcoming season.

That's just it - the Lions looked competent, maybe even good in the preseason that year on both sides of the ball and then delivered the worst regular season ever. Couldn't then the opposite also be true - that the Jets O may look bad now, but will be competent and maybe good when it counts?

me and Villian are NOT talking about wins and losses and pre season records-we've been watching this game long enough to know they don't matter. What we ARE concerned with are the wins and losses on individual plays-and right now we're getting our asses kicked (with the exception being the 1st half vs the Giants) on a pretty consistent basis. The Panthers were doing the same thing to our OL as were the Skins last night. Sanchez made the same bone-headed mistakes last night that he made in the 1st 2 games-same goes for the offensive line-so what this Jets fan's biggest concern is they are not improving

We talkin bout presseason?!? preseason!

we understand that Bruce but blocking is blocking, passing is passing, and receiving is receiving wherever it's played and right now the Jets aren't doing any of this stuff right.

Since I'm gettin really annoyed at how much Jets "fans" are reading too much into the presason, I'm am keeping a list of all the "fans" who have already given up on the team. It will be on display so that when the Jets are winning, you can suck it hard.

yea put us on your list there Senator McCarthy. Nobody is giving up on this team. Have you NOT been seeing Sanchez take smashing shots on every other pass play? Does that not concern you? I don't put all the blame on him-I'm saying the O-line is not what it was last year-this reminds me of when Favre was here-he was getting killed the same way and look what happened to him-i am afraid the same thing is going to happen to Mark Sanchez.

yea put us on your list there Senator McCarthy. Nobody is giving up on this team. Have you NOT been seeing Sanchez take smashing shots on every other pass play? Does that not concern you? I don't put all the blame on him-I'm saying the O-line is not what it was last year-this reminds me of when Favre was here-he was getting killed the same way and look what happened to him-i am afraid the same thing is going to happen to Mark Sanchez.

Yeah I called you a commie... Go back to Fox Glenn Beck.

You are too giving up on them. By inference of them looking inept then that means that Indianapolis is going to suck too right. Because they aren't scoring mega points and they are also giving up a ton too.

Grow up. What are you five? How long have you been watching preseason football to know that there is noting to take away from it. No one rememebers preseason games because they don't matter. Teams don't prepare for them to try to beat the other team. They try to see the strengths and weaknesses of their own players so that they can gameplan for the season douche

we understand that Bruce but blocking is blocking, passing is passing, and receiving is receiving wherever it's played and right now the Jets aren't doing any of this stuff right.

FWIW Sanchez had a 111 rating last pre-season, and then dropped much lower once the year started.

How you look in pre-season really does not mean all that much... Peyton has looked rusty and well below his standards this pre-season.

Archived