This Is An 8-8 Team

SoFlaJets

Yeah I called you a commie... Go back to Fox Glenn Beck.

You are too giving up on them. By inference of them looking inept then that means that Indianapolis is going to suck too right. Because they aren't scoring mega points and they are also giving up a ton too.

Grow up. What are you five? How long have you been watching preseason football to know that there is noting to take away from it. No one rememebers preseason games because they don't matter. Teams don't prepare for them to try to beat the other team. They try to see the strengths and weaknesses of their own players so that they can gameplan for the season douche

dude you have no idea what you're talking about and no idea of what some of here are saying-so just ******* leave the thread I started and post your own rainbows and fairy tales thread about how we're going to win all 16 games on our way to a championship season

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen so far guys, this is a crappy team.

Starting with the QB position I think Marty is right if Sanchez does what he did last year it's a win. Sanchez is taking some hard shots and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out this week that that shoulder he landed on is hurt.

The offensive line has regressed, again, I will go back to an expert; Joe Namath and what he said about Faneca being let go. Slauson and Vlad are real weak links and especially our pass protection is way behind what it was a year ago.

The running game will also suffer because of this and I get this bad feeling that injuries are coming without adequate back up insurance.

The wide receivers aren't catching the football or getting separation and even when they do Sanchez is missing them by 5 yards

These injuries to Ripati or whatever his name is and now Pace are just the kind of freak accidents that kill a team and our linebacking corps still can't get any sacks-once again it's taking DB's blitzing to get any-just like last year when they accounted for a third of our paltry 32 sacks.

the defensive backs seem out of sync and Cromartie can't make the interceptions, yea Revis is missed but even if he were here it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway since we can't seem to score any TDs.

The special teams units are the one bright spot and I believe it will be because of them that we even make it TO .500.

Unless something drastically changes this will be a long season and regardless of what Rex Ryan says this is no Super Bowl team

I disagree, the Jets are NOT a crappy team. It takes awhile for an OL to develop chemistry. Slauson will be the LG and Vald is a few years away. I think he will be Woody's replacement. This OL has been decent run blocking but has some problems with pass blocking. Turn back the clock to last year. They were not much better with Faneca in the pass game. How many sacks came about as a result of Sanchez not knowing where to go with the ball? Its not always the OL's fault. Chemistry will develop and experience gained.

Our run game has shone brilliantly. That means that the OL is at least doing OK. LT is a bright spot. Greene is too. McKnight has been good on punt returns and has shown a burst. Conner has been a find and can knock the snot out of opponents. How many teams have a FB like him? Plus we have TRICH. Maybe we will go to a baby bull backfield once in awhile.

We have decent depth at the OLB spot. Westerman is ready to step up. Taylor could have lots of juice left. Pitoitua will be missed on the DL but he is a backup and Wright is starting to get it! Pouha is getting better and better. Pace will only be out a few weeks. lets not give up because of an injury. The depth is there as previously stated. What team has better inside linebackers?

CRO & WILSON plus POOL have just started playing on the same team! Can we give them time to learn how to communicate with each other? CRO has shown excellent cover skills and the kid is as solid as they come. in fact he is playing with a great deal of maturity and confidence.POOL plays viciously and is everywhere. He hits like a truck too.

FOLK can boom deep kickoffs that forces a team to go 80 yards nearly every time against a very tough defense. Weatherford has punted very well and very deep too.

The situation is keyed by the quarterback! He has to do a bit better then last year. Its a tougher schedule. He is our key player and improvement must be shown. Does Sanchez have talent? OBVIOUSLY. I seriously doubt his shoulder will give us grief. I do not care for Brunell as his backup at all. Mark Sanchez will take several little steps and then start to step up the ladder. can we win with him at the helm? Well we almost did last year and this year our defense is even better. TIME ALONE WILL TELL. I just refuse to jump ship. Its only preseason and that brings with it experimentation and vanilla offenses and defenses. still how many TDs has our #1 defense given up in three games?

Sacks will come! I believe that CRO and WILSON plus POOL and Leonard/ E.Smith will blanket receivers and guys like TAYLOR & Pace will get sacks. ROME was not built in a day and the QB is only a second year player! Lets give him some time before we get ready to jump ship.

FWIW Sanchez had a 111 rating last pre-season, and then dropped much lower once the year started.

How you look in pre-season really does not mean all that much... Peyton has looked rusty and well below his standards this pre-season.

for the umpteenth ******* time I'll say it. My main concern is not so much about Mark Sanchez it's about him getting creamed on every other passing play because the offensive line so far this pre season has sucked. Is Manning taking the hits that Sanchez is taking? How many sacks have the Colts given up?

Yea KJ but in the meantime last night we were inches away from Sanchez being the next Chad Pennington with a bum shoulder-inches. It's all well and good to say "It takes awhile for an OL to develop chemistry" and all but how much leeway are we willing to give? When Sanchez is standing on the sidelines in a sling waving a towel will it be alright to say "oh well our OL just needs time to gel"?

Yea KJ but in the meantime last night we were inches away from Sanchez being the next Chad Pennington with a bum shoulder-inches. It's all well and good to say "It takes awhile for an OL to develop chemistry" and all but how much leeway are we willing to give? When Sanchez is standing on the sidelines in a sling waving a towel will it be alright to say "oh well our OL just needs time to gel"?

Sanchez is part of the problem Jim. He holds the ball too long and looks indecisive. If CLEMENS was in there , many would be blaming him rather then the OL. Its going to take awhile for the OL to get consistency. REX knows it. Cally knows it and the OC knows it. Plays must be called that will result in Sanchez being able to react faster and more decisively. its not all on the OL. coaching factors in as does the QB. Imagine if SANCHEZ had to play behind an OL as bad as Clemens had a few years ago. It was too simple then to just balme the OL. Many blamed the QB. They were right and they are right now. As goes Sanchez, so goes our Jets! No excuses for the OL etc. Mark has to get better! When he does the OL will protect him better. The scary thing to me is that DBRICK does not seem very good nor does WOODY. We tend to want to place all the blame on SLAUSON but IMO that is not the case! The whole offense seems disoriented. It starts with the QB and all share in the balme.

From what I've seen so far guys, this is a crappy team.

This team has sure looked crappy on offense and suspect on defense Jim. The O is frighteningly bad and I don't see how that gets better till Rex throttles down Schottenheimer's wet dreams which will limit Sanchez's exposure to mistakes. It's got to get back to ground and pound with Callahan's input - which will work even with the left guard position sucking a few eggs for the time being. Damn shame to have the talent we have at wr and not have a dominant or even acceptable air game, but we don't and won't till some things change and other things mature.

The D will grow back to a dominance with or without Revis. But I believe just like in your vision that he'll be back and this defense will shut down most opponents and put points on the board to compliment the weak offense. Still think this is a play-off team this season and it can be more if some things fall in line.

Sanchez is part of the problem Jim. He holds the ball too long and looks indecisive. If CLEMENS was in there , many would be blaming him rather then the OL. Its going to take awhile for the OL to get consistency. REX knows it. Cally knows it and the OC knows it. Plays must be called that will result in Sanchez being able to react faster and more decisively. its not all on the OL. coaching factors in as does the QB. Imagine if SANCHEZ had to play behind an OL as bad as Clemens had a few years ago. It was too simple then to just balme the OL. Many blamed the QB. They were right and they are right now. As goes Sanchez, so goes our Jets! No excuses for the OL etc. Mark has to get better! When he does the OL will protect him better. The scary thing to me is that DBRICK does not seem very good nor does WOODY. We tend to want to place all the blame on SLAUSON but IMO that is not the case! The whole offense seems disoriented. It starts with the QB and all share in the balme.

I'm watching it now Nick and Woody's pass blocking is sucking

I'm watching it now Nick and Woody's pass blocking is sucking

WOODY was beaten quite a bit in the past two games too Jim. maybe its time for him to retire? The kid named TURKOVICH has caught my eye. he can pass block well. Look for him later in the game. he was very highly regarded coming out of high school. He did well in college too. He is 6ft 6 and 310. All muscle too. He made Dan Gay expendable so far. Jim I posted an article about SANCHEZ having to handle the heat for the Jets. Its a darn good read. When you can look at it and let me know what you think.

Maybe the solution is right in everybodies face. The o-line is struggling, Sanchez is one of the better mobile quarterbacks and he throws well on the run. Thus roll him out of the pocket and throw on the run.

I can't imagine the guys getting paid haven't thought of this

We sent Sanchez on lots of roll-outs last year. What games were you watching?

WOODY was beaten quite a bit in the past two games too Jim. maybe its time for him to retire? The kid named TURKOVICH has caught my eye. he can pass block well. Look for him later in the game. he was very highly regarded coming out of high school. He did well in college too. He is 6ft 6 and 310. All muscle too. He made Dan Gay expendable so far. Jim I posted an article about SANCHEZ having to handle the heat for the Jets. Its a darn good read. When you can look at it and let me know what you think.

I'll look for him-I'm taping this game right now on the NFLN and I'm seeing a lot of plays filled with mistake-prone OL play. I'm going to go back over this tape and watch every Sanchez pass and see who is doing what back

Oh, I'm sorry, have we played a game yet?

Yes. They may be preseason games, but they're our most recent performances which happen to be the subject of our discussion.

Pay attention. Why even mention last year's games, idiot?

Do you have ADD? Misplace your Ritalin prescription ... again?

Just trying to be sympathetic.

for the umpteenth ******* time I'll say it. My main concern is not so much about Mark Sanchez it's about him getting creamed on every other passing play because the offensive line so far this pre season has sucked. Is Manning taking the hits that Sanchez is taking? How many sacks have the Colts given up?

Slow down, the Oline looked pretty damn good. Every now and then the defender will win, and Vlad was in there (he will NOT be the starter) anyways.

There were multiple times when Sanchez had over 5 seconds to sit back and make his reads... that is GREAT Oline protection... on one play he had almost 10 seconds in the POCKET... lol...

Sanchez and Shotty were the problem, not the Oline.

Yes. They may be preseason games, but they're our most recent performances which happen to be the subject of our discussion.

Pay attention. Why even mention last year's games, idiot?

Do you have ADD? Misplace your Ritalin prescription ... again?

Just trying to be sympathetic.

Yes because using lame insults is a much better way to respond... :huh:

Sanchez was much better in last years pre-season than he wound up being during the season, really pre-season is not much of an indicator for a QB.

DLJ said it in one of these threads-the refs sucked for us last night too. How that play that Goldston drove Sanchez into the turf wasn't a penalty is a mystery to me. If Bart Scott had done it to Grossman it would have been. It's the start of the 4th quarter and I don't think Washington has been penalized

Yes because using lame insults is a much better way to respond... :huh:

Sanchez was much better in last years pre-season than he wound up being during the season, really pre-season is not much of an indicator for a QB.

Yes, another tangent, thank you.

Try to stay on topic, which is the most recently displayed assortment of plays.

Try to stay on topic, which is the most recently displayed assortment of plays.

We are staying on topic. You've been told this multiple times, but I'll say it again. The "assortment of plays" we run in preseason are not the same ones you'll see in the regular season. You might as well throw them out.

There were multiple times when Sanchez had over 5 seconds to sit back and make his reads... that is GREAT Oline protection... on one play he had almost 10 seconds in the POCKET... lol...

Sanchez and Shotty were the problem, not the Oline.

How 'bout the guys who run the routes?

We are staying on topic. You've been told this multiple times, but I'll say it again. The "assortment of plays" we run in preseason are not the same ones you'll see in the regular season. You might as well throw them out.

Thanks. We ALL know that. LOL!

However, for entertainment, we can only discuss the plays and games for what they are.

Ok, so you are putting more stock in what happened 7-8 months ago versus what is happening now?

While I agree what is happening on the field now is not always an indicator on what happens in two weeks, even given generic plans, ineffectiveness or failure to execute basic plays are. The Patriots ineffective pass rush is a team problem, not vanilla D game plan. Poor execution is poor execution. Sanchez throwing bad picks is Sanchez' fault.

While the Colts lack of preseason success is a good point, they have a system that has been in place for a decade.

Ok, so you are putting more stock in what happened 7-8 months ago versus what is happening now?

While I agree what is happening on the field now is not always an indicator on what happens in two weeks, even given generic plans, ineffectiveness or failure to execute basic plays are. The Patriots ineffective pass rush is a team problem, not vanilla D game plan. Poor execution is poor execution. Sanchez throwing bad picks is Sanchez' fault.

While the Colts lack of preseason success is a good point, they have a system that has been in place for a decade.

Yes, I'm putting more stock into last season than I am preseason games. Just like Pats fans probably didn't put much stock into Sam Bradford picking apart your D en route to a 36-35 win. You might as well not watch preseason games; all it does is rile you up one way or the other.

The Jets used Sanchez on lots of roll-outs last season. I assume we will play to that strength and use plenty of roll-outs again during the regular season.

c'mon, didn't you get the memo, shotty has pulled out all the stops and called these games like the regular season so jets fans don't have to catch any flak at work from giants fans :rolleyes:

I think they will be fine. In a sick way I am happy things are going this way. The Jets having negative things written about them should help keep them grounded. Don't want them thinking they are the best before they accomplish anything.

Watching the game on Friday night made me think they are going to run the ball a lot this year. Almost as much as last year. Get Sanchez to the point where he can go 13/19 in a game. Mange things and punt instead of throwing INTs.

It is obvious they have to reign him in just like last year. And that isn't a bad thing. So long as they can continually play with a lead.

I think they will be fine. In a sick way I am happy things are going this way. The Jets having negative things written about them should help keep them grounded. Don't want them thinking they are the best before they accomplish anything.

Watching the game on Friday night made me think they are going to run the ball a lot this year. Almost as much as last year. Get Sanchez to the point where he can go 13/19 in a game. Mange things and punt instead of throwing INTs.

It is obvious they have to reign him in just like last year. And that isn't a bad thing. So long as they can continually play with a lead.

Maximus-did you guys really have to pay $50 to park for a PS game like Cimini tweeted?

Yes, I'm putting more stock into last season than I am preseason games. Just like Pats fans probably didn't put much stock into Sam Bradford picking apart your D en route to a 36-35 win. You might as well not watch preseason games; all it does is rile you up one way or the other.

The Jets used Sanchez on lots of roll-outs last season. I assume we will play to that strength and use plenty of roll-outs again during the regular season.

The purpose of watching preseason games is so that we can make determinations on specific players. For instance, Ducasse is way behind Slauson. Too bad. Before camp I expected him to start. Sanchez not looking sharp is a bad sign, but it's not the end of the world. I think they will run, run and run some more and mix in a few plays where he uses quick hits or roll-outs to Keller and a few other stock plays, like the quickie to Cotchery. Strange as it seem, he

won't have to make so many normal drop back passes during the course of the game.

The other reason to watch preseason games is to that we can overreact, argue and call people stupid on the internet and at the watercooler.

I think people are overreacting as these are preseason games. I was just as disgusted as anyone else over the offense the last 2 games. But then I realize these are practice games and then I calm down. Looking at last nights game: Holmes fumbles after a 23 yard gain to end a drive, McKnight fumbles again to end another drive, Vlad playing guard with the 1st string, vanilla play calling, guys not going all out, etc. In regular season, I don't see McKnight getting many, if any carries and will be taught better ball control. Vlad will be a back up this season. The fumble by Holmes is an aberration.

Will they be a powerhouse offense? No. But they won't be as bad as they've been in the preseason. My only worry is how Sanchez will play once the games count.

Whats funny is that I wasnt even thinking of any of those plays. Our offense just doesnt look good. Practice or not, they dont look like a squad that can win a SB right now.

Archived