Cheeseburgers!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I coach 8 year olds. They are always great in the first half, then lose their focus and get sloppy and have to be barked at and pulled aside and straightened out--just to keep them from getting hurt due to inattention. Even with little ones, there needs to be some discipline. It's part of football, its part of having a profession and it's paramount to success at any level. Seeing J. Taylor cruise in and out on his own schedule, Sanchez acting like a kid (when he's paid millions to lead a team), Mangold walking into a meeting late with his hands full of food and D&D coffee, Guys eating cheeseburgers on the practice field, etc. etc.--and you wonder why we fumble, get penalized for stupid things (looking at you Bart), give up sacks, drop passes, get picked off, have absolutely no offensive success...Rex is in year two. Guys were on best-behavior last season, trying to get on his good side. Now, they've relaxed. Too much. Do you think Tom Coughlin would allow this nonsense? Or Bellichek? Or any of the other winning coaches over the past ten years? The Jets have read their own press, want more money, more face time, more commercials more attention...oh, and to play football too, if it doesn't get in the way of having fun. Screw fun. Screw stupid, embarrassing quotes and bravado. Get these damned players together and get their heads on straight. Or else Rex the savior becomes Manginious the savior, and Herm the savior, both of whom made the playoffs in their forst seasons, and both of whom watched their teams fall apart.

Even with little ones, there needs to be some discipline....

... i see part of this ...there definitely has been many indicators of laxness portrayed on the show ...

... that is fine as long as it doesn't impact production on the field ...

... this seemingly has not happened on defense or specials ...

... offense hasn't shown jack yet this preseason however, except turnovers, mistakes and penalties... expect to see a lot of greene and lt week 1 against the ravens which should limit chances of turnovers and keeping thing simple cut down on missed assignments and blocks ...

... if we come out disorganized, out of sync, and making mental mistakes then rex will definitely need to alter his ways a bit and keep a tighter leash on the team ...

... last year he started the season out 3-0 with a rookie qb though ... so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me that he will have his team ready to play this year week 1 as well ...

l_j_r

I coach 8 year olds. They are always great in the first half, then lose their focus and get sloppy and have to be barked at and pulled aside and straightened out--just to keep them from getting hurt due to inattention. Even with little ones, there needs to be some discipline. It's part of football, its part of having a profession and it's paramount to success at any level. Seeing J. Taylor cruise in and out on his own schedule, Sanchez acting like a kid (when he's paid millions to lead a team), Mangold walking into a meeting late with his hands full of food and D&D coffee, Guys eating cheeseburgers on the practice field, etc. etc.--and you wonder why we fumble, get penalized for stupid things (looking at you Bart), give up sacks, drop passes, get picked off, have absolutely no offensive success...Rex is in year two. Guys were on best-behavior last season, trying to get on his good side. Now, they've relaxed. Too much. Do you think Tom Coughlin would allow this nonsense? Or Bellichek? Or any of the other winning coaches over the past ten years? The Jets have read their own press, want more money, more face time, more commercials more attention...oh, and to play football too, if it doesn't get in the way of having fun. Screw fun. Screw stupid, embarrassing quotes and bravado. Get these damned players together and get their heads on straight. Or else Rex the savior becomes Manginious the savior, and Herm the savior, both of whom made the playoffs in their forst seasons, and both of whom watched their teams fall apart.

Hard Knocks is a 1-hour show. We don't get to see everything the Jets are doing. The "fun stuff" is the stuff I prefer to see than just your average workout or practice session. I highly doubt that the Jets are as unfocused and childish all the time as Hard Knocks portrays them to be.

How you can think that's possible after the team's overall performance last season is beyond me.

Hard Knocks is a 1-hour show. We don't get to see everything the Jets are doing. The "fun stuff" is the stuff I prefer to see than just your average workout or practice session. I highly doubt that the Jets are as unfocused and childish all the time as Hard Knocks portrays them to be.

How you can think that's possible after the team's overall performance last season is beyond me.

See: 2009

Loss to Buffalo, loss to Miami, another loss to miami, Loss to New England, loss to the Jaguars, loss to the Falcons, (I'll forgive the loss to the Saints)

Loss to Buffalo, loss to Miami, another loss to miami, Loss to New England, loss to the Jaguars, loss to the Falcons, (I'll forgive the loss to the Saints)

Well, i'm having a little problem here. I checked 2009 and got this result: #1 defense in most defensive categories. #1 Rushing Offense, Turnover prone Rookie leading the league in INTs, Made AFC Championship game. Nope. Nothing about lack of focus last season.

BUT there is an addendum: Your post is full of fail.

Yeah, would every 2009 NFL team who had AT LEAST ONE loss to a team other than the Saints please stand up? Oh, all of you? Oh, uh... you're all undisciplined!!! all of you!!!

Well, i'm having a little problem here. I checked 2009 and got this result: #1 defense in most defensive categories. #1 Rushing Offense, Turnover prone Rookie leading the league in INTs, Made AFC Championship game. Nope. Nothing about lack of focus last season.

BUT there is an addendum: Your post is full of fail.

#1 Rushing #1 Defense 2 Free wins VS Colts and Bengals and we back into a wildcard after Rex himself states "obviously we're out of the playoffs." Getting hot in 2 playoffs games doesn't mean we were awesome last season.

Addendum: Yo momma was full of Fail--then she gave birth to you! At the Jerk Store! Ha!

Just kidding about your momma. I'm sure she's a lovely person.

Archived