Cheeseburgers!

All true. But more importantly than what Rex said, go back and look at the audience reaction. That is not a team fired up to go out and slap around the Redskins or win the superbowl. Thats a group of guys who can't wait for fatso to shut up so they can have snack time.

Snack time was scheduled for 9 O'clock. Who can blame them?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't seen the whole show, but I did see the clip of the Rex Ryan motivational speech.

The speech sucked. I have never heard a worse ending to a motivational speech than "lets go get a god damn snack" "Lets get a snack"? How is this for alternative endings..."Lets go kicks some ******* a$." Or "Go Jets"

Third pre-season game and he says nothing to the affect of "go out there and prove to me why the **** you should still be on this team after the roster cuts."

The audience wasn't buying it. They looked disinterested and despondent. They didn't look like a team on a mission to win a championship.

If the energy in that room during that speech is indicative of the passion the Jets team has toward the season, then the AFCE is between the Patriots and the Dolphins.

Yet to hear a player say that Rex doesn't make them wanna run through a wall. You're definitely not right. Plus it was a night before speech, not a pregame/halftime speech. Theres a huge difference. You don't want your guys all fired up to go to bed.

Not to mention I was so pumped after that speech that I actually got up and got a snack too.

How can you expect players to be professional when your head coach acts like a fat slob. Rex "do as I said, not as I do" speech was pathetic.

That's not what he said at all. He said there is a time and a place to have fun. He reamed them for the cheeseburger bit. That was good. I tell all my staff here that yeah, let's have fun, but when it's time to go to work, it's time to go to work. Some don't always understand and can't separate. Rex reamed them and told them they need to.

I get the feeling that the Jets are a bunch of goofy, yet uber-talented kids playing a game meant for professionals (this includes Ryan). Immaturity, a lack of focus and poor discipline seem to have taken root. We've played like absolute sh*t for three preseason games. I'm worried.

It's friggin pre-season. I remember years when we went 4-0 and looked awesome and then go 6-10 in the regular season. Detroit went 4-0 and then 0-16.

Peyton and company almost always go 0-4 or 1-3.

Pre-season people. Hard knocks is going to show you the extremes. Not the whole thing.

Did you feel ultra confident the year we went 5-0 in the preseason? Did you think Brian Thomas was going to be the next Reggie white when he led the league in preseason sacks?

Give me a break. It's the friggin preseason. Last training camp was exactly the same. We just didn't see the behind the scenes.

Bada-bingo

I don't think there's a lack of anything. These guys are human, they like having fun. You can go to any camp and get footage like last nights. These guys are football players what do you expect?

It's this or mangini's way. You people need to relax and enjoy the ride. You don't need to win a superbowl to have a successful season. As long as the games are meaningful in December I'll be happy.

I feel like if the Jets ever win a superbowl I'll come to JN the following day to read threads titled 'But can they do it again next year?'.

Life of a Jet fan. lol

Yet to hear a player say that Rex doesn't make them wanna run through a wall. You're definitely not right. Plus it was a night before speech, not a pregame/halftime speech. Theres a huge difference. You don't want your guys all fired up to go to bed.

Not to mention I was so pumped after that speech that I actually got up and got a snack too.

lol

Yet to hear a player say that Rex doesn't make them wanna run through a wall.

People lie.

If you are actually at the point where a player is telling the media the coach sucks you are at the McDanials/Edwards, Belichick/Seymour, Shannahan/Haynsworth empass level. Rex is not on that type relationship with any of this players.

But if you hate the coach (not to the point your a demanding a trade, but just don't like him) you are still going to say very positive things about the coach. And I am not saying the players hate RR.

But just because a player says "I would rather be a Jet (or Pat, or <insert current teams name>) than play for any other team in the NFL" doesn't mean he really beleives that. It just means he would like to make the final 53 roster and is not a complete effing moron.

I put more stock in the postive things ex-players have to say about a coach than his current players. Ed Reed's positive comments about Rex Ryan means something. Saeu's postive comments about Belichick mean something. Sanchez & Brady about their current coach...not so much.

The body language of the guys in that room, did not say run thru a brickwall, no matter what their voices may have said in a press interview.

hahahaha

People lie.

If you are actually at the point where a player is telling the media the coach sucks you are at the McDanials/Edwards, Belichick/Seymour, Shannahan/Haynsworth empass level. Rex is not on that type relationship with any of this players.

But if you hate the coach (not to the point your a demanding a trade, but just don't like him) you are still going to say very positive things about the coach. And I am not saying the players hate RR.

But just because a player says "I would rather be a Jet (or Pat, or <insert current teams name>) than play for any other team in the NFL" doesn't mean he really beleives that. It just means he would like to make the final 53 roster and is not a complete effing moron.

I put more stock in the postive things ex-players have to say about a coach than his current players. Ed Reed's positive comments about Rex Ryan means something. Saeu's postive comments about Belichick mean something. Sanchez & Brady about their current coach...not so much.

The body language of the guys in that room, did not say run thru a brickwall, no matter what their voices may have said in a press interview.

I'm not arguing this with you, I didn't even read more than your first 5 words. You're flat out wrong.

People lie.

You couldnt be more wrong about this. Even players OUTSIDE of the Jets organization wanna play for Rex. He's a players coach but he's a smart guy and they realize that. I think the "Now lets go get a god damn snack" ending was just a fitting Rex Ryan Night before a PRESEASON game speech ending and it was funny. They got the point and then he lightened up the mood with a joke, sometimes that works better than just screaming at someone and storming off.

I didn't seen the whole show, but I did see the clip of the Rex Ryan motivational speech.

The speech sucked. I have never heard a worse ending to a motivational speech than "lets go get a god damn snack" "Lets get a snack"? How is this for alternative endings..."Lets go kicks some ******* a$$." Or "Go Jets"

Third pre-season game and he says nothing to the affect of "go out there and prove to me why the **** you should still be on this team after the roster cuts."

The audience wasn't buying it. They looked disinterested and despondent. They didn't look like a team on a mission to win a championship.

If the energy in that room during that speech is indicative of the passion the Jets team has toward the season, then the AFCE is between the Patriots and the Dolphins.

Keep telling yourself that sparky.

People lie.

Keep telling yourself this one too sparky.

The speech sucked. I have never heard a worse ending to a motivational speech than "lets go get a god damn snack" "Lets get a snack"? How is this for alternative endings..."Lets go kicks some ******* a$$." Or "Go Jets"

You are right, you could see it in the player's eyes at the speech and even on the field, they do not want it.

I watched a Rams preseason game the other day, those guys looked enthusiastic and they were intense. They should be the pick this year

You are right, you could see it in the player's eyes at the speech and even on the field, they do not want it.

I watched a Rams preseason game the other day, those guys looked enthusiastic and they were intense. They should be the pick this year

:rl:

You guys need to understand we're seeing 1 hour of footage out of countless hours of video, sound bites, interviews, etc.

You can tell any type of story when you have so much footage. HBO, not the Jets are the ones in control of what the story looks like. The Jets have very little say (don't shoot play books, don't shoot this dry-erase board, etc) on what the actual show looks like.

As a Television Production major, I understand the process (and power) of editing. Everything is not what it seems, especially with a show like Hard Knocks. The producers want to create something entertaining, after all the targeted demograph isn't Jets fans, but fans of football and sports as a whole. Hence the direction to make it more fun/entertaining then seriousness, having expecting something else is foolish.

You guys need to understand we're seeing 1 hour of footage out of countless hours of video, sound bites, interviews, etc.

You can tell any type of story when you have so much footage. HBO, not the Jets are the ones in control of what the story looks like. The Jets have very little say (don't shoot play books, don't shoot this dry-erase board, etc) on what the actual show looks like.

As a Television Production major, I understand the process (and power) of editing. Everything is not what it seems, especially with a show like Hard Knocks. The producers want to create something entertaining, after all the targeted demograph isn't Jets fans, but fans of football and sports as a whole. Hence the direction to make it more fun/entertaining then seriousness, having expecting something else is foolish.

No offense, but you didn't need to go to school in broadcasting to know that.

I'm sorry to say but we are still among the lamest fan bases. Few fan bases could be so down on a coach and a team that just came off AFC champ game in a season when no one thought they would get that far...

I could not agree more. This thread is mind blowing to me. That speech wasn't a pre game speech. it was at 9 o clock at night right before a scheduled snack time before bed in training camp. He merely said that they looked like fools for the cheeseburger stuff.

What the hell is the big fuss? This guy took a team that for ever has been in limbo and gave us an identity in ONE SEASON!!! When was the last time we were number one in anything positive much less the number one defense in the whole NFL.

This is just moronic

So than its possible that Jason Taylor didn't arrive late. The actual order of events was JT arrives, meeting or practice starts. But the editors sliced the film to show the practice beginning and then showed JT arriving after that to make it look like he arrived late. Wow, those guys are devious.

So than its possible that Jason Taylor didn't arrive late. The actual order of events was JT arrives, meeting or practice starts. But the editors sliced the film to show the practice beginning and then showed JT arriving after that to make it look like he arrived late. Wow, those guys are devious.

You are so dense, thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about the general flow of the show. I guess you were to busy believing the CSI 'supercomputer' actually exists :rolleyes:

You are so dense, thats not what I'm saying. I'm talking about the general flow of the show. I guess you were to busy believing the CSI 'supercomputer' actually exists :rolleyes:

No, I know what you are saying. You are saying that the show is being put together purposefully to paint the Jets in a bad light even though in entire history of the show, they have not done that and in fact showed teams in a better light than reality. They really fooled Rex. By showing doing a show favorable to the Ravens, they got Rex to invite them to do the Jets so they could trash the Jets only showing the worst aspects of the training camp.

No, I know what you are saying. You are saying that the show is being put together purposefully to paint the Jets in a bad light even though in entire history of the show, they have not done that and in fact showed teams in a better light than reality. They really fooled Rex. By showing doing a show favorable to the Ravens, they got Rex to invite them to do the Jets so they could trash the Jets only showing the worst aspects of the training camp.

How is the show putting the Jets in a bad light?

Because Rex said something stupid?

Because a 23 year old like to have a little fun with his teammates and coaches?

The only way to see the team in a bad light from this show is to take it to seriously and not for what it actually is.

Have fun continuing to be a sheep to society.

And for the record; there are different producers, talent, stories, so past seasons have zero relevance.

Rex did and said what needed to be said. He called out his veteran leadership (which there is plenty of) and I'm sure they will respond.

Not every conversation is taped and shown...I'm sure he has one on one's with no cameras involved getting after his vets to step up and become leaders.

Sorry...but I'm not buying lack of focus with guys like Bart Scott and Big Jenk keeping people in line (btw, how bout Big Jenk on the field saying "lets get the ball back, our QB needs some reps). Love that guy. And with guys like T-Rich, LT, Mangold and Sanchez on offense...I doubt there's a lack of focus...just some sucktitude right now that hopefully they can fix.

My God--it is pre-season. practice is more important than games in pre season. they don't even play their plays in the games. some of the folks are getting a little restless.

As long as we're talking psychology, albeit irresponsibly, lets talk about psychology. You see a shot of a player listening to the Rex Ryan speech and because you dislike Ryan, the speech, and the Jets, you see disinterested faces. I see a shot of a player listening to the Rex Ryan speech and I see some quiet listening, and I see some embarrassment for having to be scolded, I see no rolling eyes like you would imply. I see the same look I know is on my face when I get reprimanded by my boss. Maybe I see that because I like Ryan, the speech, and the Jets, or maybe because I'm capable of some objectivity here.

Either way, it's called transference. Now you know.

As long as we're talking psychology, albeit irresponsibly, lets talk about psychology. You see a shot of a player listening to the Rex Ryan speech and because you dislike Ryan, the speech, and the Jets, you see disinterested faces. I see a shot of a player listening to the Rex Ryan speech and I see some quiet listening, and I see some embarrassment for having to be scolded, I see no rolling eyes like you would imply. I see the same look I know is on my face when I get reprimanded by my boss. Maybe I see that because I like Ryan, the speech, and the Jets, or maybe because I'm capable of some objectivity here.

Either way, it's called transference. Now you know.

Actually what you are alleging happened is not transference at all.

What you are suggesting is simply called bias. And that I was seeing in the players what I wanted to see. That would be bias not transference.

If any transference has occurred it is because when I was in school I had a fouled mouth obese coach that I absolutely hated and I have absolutely zero respect for and who couldn't coach worth sh*t. It is possible that I have transferred some of my lack of respect for one obese foul mouthed coach in my childhood to another fouled mouth obese coach. Not saying that has happened but it is possible.

Now you know the difference between bias and transference.

What you are suggesting is simply called bias. And that I was seeing in the players what I wanted to see. That would be bias not transference.

If any transference has occurred it is because when I was in school I had a fouled mouth obese coach that I absolutely hated and I have absolutely zero respect for and who couldn't coach worth sh*t. It is possible that I have transferred some of my lack of respect for one obese foul mouthed coach in my childhood to another fouled mouth obese coach. Not saying that has happened but it is possible.

The chowder head is right, what EY was talking about is just ordinary bias and not transference.

You're ascribing your emotions, disinterest and despondence, to the Jets players.

Transference.

Archived