Cheeseburgers!

This team has no focus. The coaching staff knows it. And, now after watching Hard Knocks tonight the fans know it.

Being a players coach can come back to bite you in the a$$ real quick. Things better change soon or this team is going to be in big trouble. Rex needs to stop posing for the tv camera's and start putting the hammer down on a every day basis with this team. Eating Cheeseburgers on the practice field? WTF? ...I bet that Herm would be proud.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has no focus. The coaching staff knows it. And, now after watching Hard Knocks tonight the fans know it.

Being a players coach can come back to bite you in the a$$ real quick. Things better change soon or this team is going to be in big trouble. Rex needs to stop posing for the tv camera's and start putting the hammer down on a every day basis with this team. Eating Cheeseburgers on the practice field? WTF? ...I bet that Herm would be proud.

We went to the championship game in year 1 under this "lax" management. Consider me unconcerned.

Maybe if our shockingly mediocre offense were eating cheeseburgers in practice, I would be concerned.

The defense is fine. There's a giant Darrelle Revis sized hole in it that will keep it from being elite, but it's not our main concern right now.

How can you expect players to be professional when your head coach acts like a fat slob. Rex "do as I said, not as I do" speech was pathetic.

Id say Rex does a fine job when it comes to talent evaluation and gameplanning. Yeah he likes to have fun...And he has no problem with the players having fun, so long as they do it at least somewhat professionally.

How can you expect players to be professional when your head coach acts like a fat slob. Rex "do as I said, not as I do" speech was pathetic.

That speech really did suck. The whole "now lets go have a gd snack" ending was just terrible...I hope that wasn't the last episode because it was pretty lame.

Get your cool story bro graphics ready.

For a while now I've believed that Rex's psychology is driven by his family's breakup. Daddy left Mommy and little Rex is still crying on the inside. He wants to turn the Jets into the happy, loyal and supportive family that he wishes he had. Having tc in Cortland is just a family camping trip. Everything he does is about creating a family environment.

It reminds me of some book, I can't remember the name, but it was about a guy whose parents split up. So he built the friendliest restaurant in America. Every customer was treated like family and it was the happiest restaurant ever ever ever and of course served home style food. And it was all to try and make up for not having that as a kid.

This drive Rex has works on some players like Bart Scott, who I think is a jerk but I honestly believe he is true blue loyal to Rexy. But it didn't work on Revis and it doesn't work on every player. We'll see if Rex's style can build the winner he has promised.

There was a story behind the Cheeseburgers.

Upon arriving the guys sent one of the players(forget who) out to grab some burgers before practice to the Mcdonalds across the street from Hofstra. Little did any of them know practice got moved to an earlier time. Whoever was on burger patrol was unaware of this, and got stuck in rush hour traffic on the way their/back. Granted it was across the street, but anyone who's driven Hempstead Turnpike at 530PM knows 2 minutes can take 15 minutes.

Obviously I'm not making excuses for it, the easily could have said 'Eh, I don't need to be eating McDonalds right now' <- But I'm pretty sure that's never worked for anyone ever.

And I thought it was F'ing hilarious.

Rex did and said what needed to be said. He called out his veteran leadership (which there is plenty of) and I'm sure they will respond.

Not every conversation is taped and shown...I'm sure he has one on one's with no cameras involved getting after his vets to step up and become leaders.

Sorry...but I'm not buying lack of focus with guys like Bart Scott and Big Jenk keeping people in line (btw, how bout Big Jenk on the field saying "lets get the ball back, our QB needs some reps). Love that guy. And with guys like T-Rich, LT, Mangold and Sanchez on offense...I doubt there's a lack of focus...just some sucktitude right now that hopefully they can fix.

Rex did and said what needed to be said. He called out his veteran leadership (which there is plenty of) and I'm sure they will respond.

Not every conversation is taped and shown...I'm sure he has one on one's with no cameras involved getting after his vets to step up and become leaders.

Sorry...but I'm not buying lack of focus with guys like Bart Scott and Big Jenk keeping people in line (btw, how bout Big Jenk on the field saying "lets get the ball back, our QB needs some reps). Love that guy. And with guys like T-Rich, LT, Mangold and Sanchez on offense...I doubt there's a lack of focus...just some sucktitude right now that hopefully they can fix.

Agreed that there is a lack of focus from the younger guys, Sanchez seems to do a lot better when he is having fun and not thinking about it. Really showed that in the Redskin's game for the last drive when a joke was cracked in the huddle.

Get your cool story bro graphics ready.

For a while now I've believed that Rex's psychology is driven by his family's breakup. Daddy left Mommy and little Rex is still crying on the inside. He wants to turn the Jets into the happy, loyal and supportive family that he wishes he had. Having tc in Cortland is just a family camping trip. Everything he does is about creating a family environment.

It reminds me of some book, I can't remember the name, but it was about a guy whose parents split up. So he built the friendliest restaurant in America. Every customer was treated like family and it was the happiest restaurant ever ever ever and of course served home style food. And it was all to try and make up for not having that as a kid.

This drive Rex has works on some players like Bart Scott, who I think is a jerk but I honestly believe he is true blue loyal to Rexy. But it didn't work on Revis and it doesn't work on every player. We'll see if Rex's style can build the winner he has promised.

What a load of sh*t.

I get the feeling that the Jets are a bunch of goofy, yet uber-talented kids playing a game meant for professionals (this includes Ryan). Immaturity, a lack of focus and poor discipline seem to have taken root. We've played like absolute sh*t for three preseason games. I'm worried.

Did you feel ultra confident the year we went 5-0 in the preseason? Did you think Brian Thomas was going to be the next Reggie white when he led the league in preseason sacks?

Give me a break. It's the friggin preseason. Last training camp was exactly the same. We just didn't see the behind the scenes.

I don't think there's a lack of anything. These guys are human, they like having fun. You can go to any camp and get footage like last nights. These guys are football players what do you expect?

It's this or mangini's way. You people need to relax and enjoy the ride. You don't need to win a superbowl to have a successful season. As long as the games are meaningful in December I'll be happy.

I feel like if the Jets ever win a superbowl I'll come to JN the following day to read threads titled 'But can they do it again next year?'.

"Lets go eat a god damn snack" what a way to end a speech.

I can't wait until he appears in a Coors Light commercial. Granted they will have to splice out all the profanity...

"Coach, coach other than enjoying our frost cold coors light is there anything else we should be doing?"

"eat a snack"

Its gonna be awesome.

There was a story behind the Cheeseburgers.

Upon arriving the guys sent one of the players(forget who) out to grab some burgers before practice to the Mcdonalds across the street from Hofstra. Little did any of them know practice got moved to an earlier time. Whoever was on burger patrol was unaware of this, and got stuck in rush hour traffic on the way their/back. Granted it was across the street, but anyone who's driven Hempstead Turnpike at 530PM knows 2 minutes can take 15 minutes.

Obviously I'm not making excuses for it, the easily could have said 'Eh, I don't need to be eating McDonalds right now' <- But I'm pretty sure that's never worked for anyone ever.

And I thought it was F'ing hilarious.

I know the whole Hofstra thing is a debacle, and unneeded interruption. Since Hofstra dropped football altogtether they shouldn't do it ever again. But the one thing I found disturbing-don't care if you're Jason Taylor in his Maybach or a scrub trying to snag the 53rd spot; why is anyone late?And in Taylor's case, if he was late even once, he should be required to take the bus. If you want to be an NFL player, the very least you can do is be there, ready to play and on time.

And why would anyone think it's acceptable to bring junk food onto a practice field?

Did you guys completely forget what happened that day? They asked a guy to get burgers in between practices. The Jets moved up the afternoon practice that day. Jason Taylor didn't get the memo. The guy who went to get there burgers barely made it in time because he didn't know that the practice got moved up.

And before you say they should've known better than to take it before practicing, a coach or two took a burger as well.

Did you guys completely forget what happened that day? They asked a guy to get burgers in between practices. The Jets moved up the afternoon practice that day. Jason Taylor didn't get the memo. The guy who went to get there burgers barely made it in time because he didn't know that the practice got moved up.

And before you say they should've known better than to take it before practicing, a coach or two took a burger as well.

Calling out the coaches and authoritative figures on the team?

From now on you are the Jets Voice of Treason.

I don't think there's a lack of anything. These guys are human, they like having fun. You can go to any camp and get footage like last nights. These guys are football players what do you expect?

It's this or mangini's way. You people need to relax and enjoy the ride. You don't need to win a superbowl to have a successful season. As long as the games are meaningful in December I'll be happy.

I feel like if the Jets ever win a superbowl I'll come to JN the following day to read threads titled 'But can they do it again next year?'.

LOL you are hilarious man, and probably right. It will be like "It's still SOJ unless they repeat!!!!"

I didn't seen the whole show, but I did see the clip of the Rex Ryan motivational speech.

The speech sucked. I have never heard a worse ending to a motivational speech than "lets go get a god damn snack" "Lets get a snack"? How is this for alternative endings..."Lets go kicks some ******* a$$." Or "Go Jets"

Third pre-season game and he says nothing to the affect of "go out there and prove to me why the **** you should still be on this team after the roster cuts."

The audience wasn't buying it. They looked disinterested and despondent. They didn't look like a team on a mission to win a championship.

If the energy in that room during that speech is indicative of the passion the Jets team has toward the season, then the AFCE is between the Patriots and the Dolphins.

I didn't seen the whole show, but I did see the clip of the Rex Ryan motivational speech.

The speech sucked. I have never heard a worse ending to a motivational speech than "lets go get a god damn snack" "Lets get a snack"? How is this for alternative endings..."Lets go kicks some ******* a$$." Or "Go Jets"

Third pre-season game and he says nothing to the affect of "go out there and prove to me why the **** you should still be on this team after the roster cuts."

The audience wasn't buying it. They looked disinterested and despondent. They didn't look like a team on a mission to win a championship.

If the energy in that room during that speech is indicative of the passion the Jets team has toward the season, then the AFCE is between the Patriots and the Dolphins.

Herman Edwards can break out a great Knute Rockne BS riff in a heartbeat. But in the NFL giving a great speech is only going to carry you so far if you don't do the work and the prepwork in meetings and practice. And at some point the team has heard a lot of all of it before, and that happens no matter who the coach is between minicamp and the last game of the year. If everything is a crisis, nothing is a priority. Glad he reamed them out for being unserious, but to think a midweek speech in the middle of camp is going to change things dramatically is unrealistic.

Herman Edwards can break out a great Knute Rockne BS riff in a heartbeat. But in the NFL giving a great speech is only going to carry you so far if you don't do the work and the prepwork in meetings and practice. And at some point the team has heard a lot of all of it before, and that happens no matter who the coach is between minicamp and the last game of the year. If everything is a crisis, nothing is a priority. Glad he reamed them out for being unserious, but to think a midweek speech in the middle of camp is going to change things dramatically is unrealistic.

All true. But more importantly than what Rex said, go back and look at the audience reaction. That is not a team fired up to go out and slap around the Redskins or win the superbowl. Thats a group of guys who can't wait for fatso to shut up so they can have snack time.

All true. But more importantly than what Rex said, go back and look at the audience reaction. That is not a team fired up to go out and slap around the Redskins or win the superbowl. Thats a group of guys who can't wait for fatso to shut up so they can have snack time.

Man you have quite the ability to read body language on a TV show.

I thought they were waiting for fatso to shut up so they could go play Parcheesi.

Archived