QB dept. : " Sanchez might spoil Jets season " ? ? ?

kelly

Stating the Obvious dept: "Writer states second year QB weak link on SB ready team"

+1

It's a no duh point.

Sanchez is the key to the division and may be the key to the whole conference. If he is at least consistently mediocre (something he wasn't last year), the Jets will win a lot of games. If he plays like he did last year the Jets will struggle to make the playoffs.

Perception & reality are 2 different things however.

Media & fans have criticized Sanchez this preseason for his performance. Guess what? Sanchez has actually been BETTER this preseason than last year.

Sanchez has completed 65% of his passes, is 1:1 in TD:INT ratio and has a 75 QB rating. If plays like that for the balance of the season the Jets will be in very good shape.

He's right, but it's nothing that we didn't already know. FWIW I'll base my opinion on Sanchez's development on what he does over the course of the next 16 games, not on what he did in about 10 preseason series.

And not for nothin' but this is the guy that wrote the column:

cse09_x_%20Eli_Kaberon_web_thumbnail.jpg

I think he just read a bunch of CTM's posts here and paraphrased them. That guy can't know much about football on his own.

Guess what? Sanchez has actually been BETTER this preseason than last year.

Sanchez has completed 65% of his passes, is 1:1 in TD:INT ratio and has a 75 QB rating. If plays like that for the balance of the season the Jets will be in very good shape.

Are you seriously using pre-season stats to say Sanchez is better this year than last year?

In actually watching his performance this year, he is still making the dumb mistakes that killed him last year. He consistently locks onto his primary receiver, continues to throw into tight double coverage and still does not step up into the pocket when pressured.

Are you seriously using pre-season stats to say Sanchez is better this year than last year?

In actually watching his performance this year, he is still making the dumb mistakes that killed him last year. He consistently locks onto his primary receiver, continues to throw into tight double coverage and still does not step up into the pocket when pressured.

His numbers are actually better, so yes. I didn't say that he would do that in the regular season.

And, yes, he does have a locking on primary receiver problem and forcing throws into double coverage. I don't deny that. BUT, even with those issues he is still statistically better than last year in the preseason.

Sanchez to me is the key to everything.

If the Jets get the Sanchez they got in the post season, who was under control for the most part and made nice throws when he needed to then the Jets will go a very long way.

If the Jets get the Sanchez that at times panicked when pressured in the pocket and threw in the double coverage often then the Jets will most likely be on the outside looking in a the post season.

Ryan's Jets are known for "Ground and Pound" but with them bringing in Tomlinson and Holmes and Edwards now having a full year in the system I really do expect the Jets to throw the football more than they did last year.

Sanchez has just about every possible weapon at his disposal. Greene, Tomlinson, Keller, Cotch, Edwards,and Holmes. It is up to Sanchez to go out there and make it all work.

Preditction: Sometime this year Sanchez will have a bad game and someone will post on this board that "Sanchez sucks, Start Brunnell"

Archived