4 Wide Receiver set?

What if the Jets tried to open things up tonight and go to a 4wr package?(Not dumb a$$ Keller)4 WR! Whoops, we couldn't do that because we cut Coles to save $22,000 or whatever by keeping him off the roster until week 2. Great move by Tanny and Woody. There is nothing like pinching pennies to help compromise the team's ability to win games. Bravo. :angry:

There were plenty of things wrong with the offense tonight, one of them was not running 4 WR sets. What's the point of having 4 WR when he's gonna just check it down to whomever 3 yards past the LOS. The offense just had zero continuity. The only plays we gained yards on were the Brad Smith wildcat and than we go away from it.

Yes, the offense sucked balls tonight. BUT, it is always nice to have every possible option available. And, having the ability to line up in a real 4 wr set couldn't have hurt! Pinching pennies when fans are shelling out BIG dough for PSL'S? That is just plain wrong! They will bring back Coles for New England...one week to late. Nice job morons! :(

WHY NOT CALL A ******* SCREEN ONE TIME

I think this advice is wildly overrated by Jets fans, but in this case it may have helped. Teams are not worried about the Jets WR, so they are keying the backs. That's one reason why the Sanchez Jets don't run many screens and when they do they (and the checkdowns) aren't effective. Last night the Ravens were coming and I think a screen or two might have been useful.

How about the fact that the CB were lining up 10 yards off of Edwards? It's just pitch and catch. Hit him with a WR pass on the line and he walks for 7. Cotchery OTOH was getting covered right up at the line.

What if the Jets tried to open things up tonight and go to a 4wr package?(Not dumb a$$ Keller)4 WR! Whoops, we couldn't do that because we cut Coles to save $22,000 or whatever by keeping him off the roster until week 2. Great move by Tanny and Woody. There is nothing like pinching pennies to help compromise the team's ability to win games. Bravo. :angry:

Why would it matter? It wouldn`t matter if we had Jerry Rice,Chris Carter,and Randy Moss on the field if our supposed "Shanchise" can`t get them the ball. When Baltimore scored last night i knew the game was over..........As soon as Revis is ready to lock down the #1 receiver is when we will begin to win games. In my opinion like the 2000 Ravens we will win games only with our defense.

Archived