It Was Only One Game

SoFlaJets

now come in off the ledge it's not that bad-the season's not over yet. I don't know why but for some reason it just doesn't seem so bad this morning. If a team on one side of the ball can play THAT bad and we still only lose by one point then there's hope. On Jenkins almost everybody here figured that there was no was he was going to make it to December anyway so no big surprise there-he should have retired like he thought he should have after the season. You know what if the Jets lose next week too the season STILL isn't over. I've watched this game too long to know that to be the case.

They make a run to the AFC championship that is improbable and nobody could have ever expected.

They make big acquisitions over the winter to bolster the team.

Their big mouthed head coach spouts off all offseason.

They build a new palace to showcase their team.

The team appears on Hard Knocks to show how in your face and awesome the 2010 Jets are.

They build the fan base expectations up to a level we've never had before.

They start the season on Monday Night, ready to show their fans, the NFL, the media and the world they are ready. To prove their big mouths and grandstanding were worth it.

And they lay a huge pile of sh*t on the new field.

What a disappointment and embarrassment.

Sure the season isnt over after one game, but i am crushed by their own buildup to the season and they laid the biggest egg I've ever seen.

Seriously guys... 1 point loss to a good team. Yet all day long.. embarrassment, embarrassment, embarrassment... ESPN, Francessa, whatever... all day long. ONE FREAKIN POINT to a good team. Even for Jets fans (and Jets haters) this ridiculous overreaction surprises me. Our offense looked god awful, yes, but our defense looked otherworldly... giving up 10 points in what, 40 plus minutes? "4" of those points as a result of a stupid sliding into the kicker call? Yeah.

GO JETS

yea but LBS-be honest, did you really think we were going to win that game? Yea me neither...

Yes I did.

I knew our offense was dog sh*t. I didnt think it could be that bad. I thought for sure these guys, who were so pumped up and ready to go to battle for Sexy Rexy against the his old team, the one who wouldnt name him head coach, I thought for sure our offense would find a way to exploit the Ravens D.

But they didnt. They stunk worse than could be expected.

It was a huge game and they came out and sucked.

Seriously guys... 1 point loss to a good team. Yet all day long.. embarrassment, embarrassment, embarrassment... ESPN, Francessa, whatever... all day long. ONE FREAKIN POINT to a good team. Even for Jets fans (and Jets haters) this ridiculous overreaction surprises me. Our offense looked god awful, yes, but our defense looked otherworldly... giving up 10 points in what, 40 plus minutes? "4" of those points as a result of a stupid sliding into the kicker call? Yeah.

GO JETS

I cannot take any positives out of last nights game. None. We sucked.

now come in off the ledge it's not that bad-the season's not over yet. I don't know why but for some reason it just doesn't seem so bad this morning. If a team on one side of the ball can play THAT bad and we still only lose by one point then there's hope. On Jenkins almost everybody here figured that there was no was he was going to make it to December anyway so no big surprise there-he should have retired like he thought he should have after the season. You know what if the Jets lose next week too the season STILL isn't over. I've watched this game too long to know that to be the case.

Denial isnt just a river in egypt, Jimmy ;)

Archived