It Was Only One Game

SoFlaJets

now come in off the ledge it's not that bad-the season's not over yet. I don't know why but for some reason it just doesn't seem so bad this morning. If a team on one side of the ball can play THAT bad and we still only lose by one point then there's hope. On Jenkins almost everybody here figured that there was no was he was going to make it to December anyway so no big surprise there-he should have retired like he thought he should have after the season. You know what if the Jets lose next week too the season STILL isn't over. I've watched this game too long to know that to be the case.

now come in off the ledge it's not that bad-the season's not over yet. I don't know why but for some reason it just doesn't seem so bad this morning. If a team on one side of the ball can play THAT bad and we still only lose by one point then there's hope. On Jenkins almost everybody here figured that there was no was he was going to make it to December anyway so no big surprise there-he should have retired like he thought he should have after the season. You know what if the Jets lose next week too the season STILL isn't over. I've watched this game too long to know that to be the case.

I like your optimism SFJ, and at the end of the day I agree. I'm just so pissed our D did so much to give our offense so many chances, and whether it was more Sanchez or Shottys fault, our offense did NOTHING! Even with a banged on Raven's secondary we managed to get the fewest first downs in history, while converting only 1 3rd down ALL GAME. I would have hated to play the Ravens with their secondary healthy.

Klacko was saying the same lame thing to me last night.

Its not one game, its a couple of generations of Football that the Jets pull this sh*t.

When you cant move the chains, cant convert on 3rd, cant convert on 3 TO's, commit 20 penalties, hold a team to less than 2ypc, and only give up 10 overall points and cant win at home, you aint beating nobody.

Its not one game, its a couple of generations of Football that the Jets pull this sh*t.

When you cant move the chains, cant convert on 3rd, cant convert on 3 TO's, commit 20 penalties, hold a team to less than 2ypc, and only give up 10 overall points and cant win at home, you aint beating nobody.

Stop that crap. Nothing that happened 20 years ago had any effect on what happened last night.

The Jets had a clunker. It happened in week one. It ain't the first time. It won't be the last time. They will be better.

We need to fire Schottenheimer as soon as possible.

it's not so much as being optimistic it's fact. How many times have we watched this kind of thing happen-a team coming out and sucking and then a couple of months later they rip off 7-8 wins in a row-barring some unforeseen disaster I can see the Jets as this kind of team

I agree.

The Ravens' Defense is good. Can we say that? That's going to make an 'ok' offense look terrible.

We GAVE the Ravens 100+ yards in penalties. (and they only beat us by 1). Get back those penalties and I think we win an ugly defensive battle. We were undisciplined, but at least one penalty was crap. One of those refs was certainly calling his bookie after the game. A little more care with penalties and we get a W in this game.

Granted, our Offense needs help. If Sanches is in fact not too bright, coaches can plan for that and beat him with confusing looks. But I think our D can keep us in tough gamnes if everyone holds it together.

Stop that crap. Nothing that happened 20 years ago had any effect on what happened last night.

The Jets had a clunker. It happened in week one. It ain't the first time. It won't be the last time. They will be better.

I disagree 100%. This wasn't just one game. This was a reflection of what we saw in the preseason. The defense played well and the offense sucked...no quick fix when your "ground and pound" is grounded.

And don't blame it all on Schotty. Penalties, giving up 3rd and long all night, Wilson was a joke, Sanchez looks like a deer in headlights...this is not even close to being a good team right now. Never mind a SB contender.

I disagree 100%. This wasn't just one game. This was a reflection of what we saw in the preseason. The defense played well and the offense sucked...no quick fix when your "ground and pound" is grounded.

And don't blame it all on Schotty. Penalties, giving up 3rd and long all night, Wilson was a joke, Sanchez looks like a deer in headlights...this is not even close to being a good team right now. Never mind a SB contender.

and all those things are true Bill but you and I have been around too long to have bought in to all that "we're going to the Super Bowl" crap anyway...too many variables-like injuries and bad calls and officials who have an agenda and bad bounces...too many...the team we saw last night will look nothing like the team we'll be seeing in November

I agree.

The Ravens' Defense is good. Can we say that? That's going to make an 'ok' offense look terrible.

We GAVE the Ravens 100+ yards in penalties. (and they only beat us by 1). Get back those penalties and I think we win an ugly defensive battle. We were undisciplined, but at least one penalty was crap. One of those refs was certainly calling his bookie after the game. A little more care with penalties and we get a W in this game.

Granted, our Offense needs help. If Sanches is in fact not too bright, coaches can plan for that and beat him with confusing looks. But I think our D can keep us in tough gamnes if everyone holds it together.

Not Shotty. They kept trying to do things to confuse the Ravens D...obviously none of it worked. Oh wait, their was the one trick play with Smith which was our longest play of the whole night. Then we went back to being stupid.

I keep going back to the Hard Knocks episode where we saw Sanchez calling the plays in the last preseason game. The kid had a grasp of the game and the playbook. He had an idea what to call to get his team down the field and knew what to call to get a TD at the end there. So WTF happened since then?

it's not so much as being optimistic it's fact. How many times have we watched this kind of thing happen-a team coming out and sucking and then a couple of months later they rip off 7-8 wins in a row-barring some unforeseen disaster I can see the Jets as this kind of team

maybe.....maybe when holmes gets back. but i seriously doubt it. i don't think i've seen an offense this bad in a long time. it's just completely pathetic how bad they looked. now let's see what they do next week. i'm willing to give them another chance to show that they aren't as terrible as they looked against a great defense n opening day. but i mean hell.....they only mustered up 1 3rd down conversion. how sad is that? how completely incompetent is that? a college football team could be expected to do better on offense than the jets did last night. they had short fields alot of the night. were handed the ball 3 extra times on turnovers.....and managed what.....5 first downs the whole game? i knew our offense wasn't going to be elite but that is a level of suck i didn't expect. you can't win on defense alone...you have to be able to score at least SOME pints. it's a tribute to our defense being out there for 40 minutes and only giving up 10 points. and , imo, it was all sanchez. he sucks out loud. schotty's playcalling did suck.......but sanchez was just horrendous. i'd rather see hm throw picks and go down swinging instead of this crap. it's like just standing there and getting your a$$ kicked and not throwing a punch cause you're scared he will hit you harder. it was complete cowardice

and all those things are true Bill but you and I have been around too long to have bought in to all that "we're going to the Super Bowl" crap anyway...too many variables-like injuries and bad calls and officials who have an agenda and bad bounces...too many...the team we saw last night will look nothing like the team we'll be seeing in November

Agreed, because everyone has a breaking point and if this offense continues to play like it did Monday night, Rex will break someones head. No way does this offense continue like this. Here's a crazy idea, what if for a couple of series they let Sanchez call his own plays based on what he sees from the defense. Their offense did so much presnap crap it was mind boggling, go out there with a play and just execute it already.

That's just it Jimmy. For me, I am not giving up on the season and the "one game" thing is true. However, from here on out, no more listening to Rex on how good we are and our fan base who have drank the Kool Aid :D ...I am waiting for the product on the field to convince me.

hoping4sb,

You're right about the time Sanchez called the plays. That made him look smarter than the 'prankster' crap did. And on the sidelines at the end there were some looks between Shot/Sanchez that looked more like disagreement than confusion.

I hope Sanchez is smarter than I think, because maybe he can audible his way out of shotty's bs. (if shotty is in fact the problem)

But I'm also hoping the Ravens D is GOOD and we're just too proud to give that some credit.

maybe.....maybe when holmes gets back. but i seriously doubt it. i don't think i've seen an offense this bad in a long time. it's just completely pathetic how bad they looked. now let's see what they do next week. i'm willing to give them another chance to show that they aren't as terrible as they looked against a great defense n opening day. but i mean hell.....they only mustered up 1 3rd down conversion. how sad is that? how completely incompetent is that? a college football team could be expected to do better on offense than the jets did last night. they had short fields alot of the night. were handed the ball 3 extra times on turnovers.....and managed what.....5 first downs the whole game? i knew our offense wasn't going to be elite but that is a level of suck i didn't expect. you can't win on defense alone...you have to be able to score at least SOME pints. it's a tribute to our defense being out there for 40 minutes and only giving up 10 points. and , imo, it was all sanchez. he sucks out loud. schotty's playcalling did suck.......but sanchez was just horrendous. i'd rather see hm throw picks and go down swinging instead of this crap. it's like just standing there and getting your a$$ kicked and not throwing a punch cause you're scared he will hit you harder. it was complete cowardice

yea he did look scared and confused out there Neck-don't you wish that Jon Gruden was our offensive coordinator instead of Schottenheimer?

Now I know why they brought in Tomlinson, Sanchez really liked throwing to him a lot more than his WR's and TE's. But of course when the game was on the line and we needed big yards fast, he realized he wasn't gonna get that by dumping it off to LT2.

Its just one game but I'm starting to worry about Rex's sanity. He just does some strange things. Everything with him is either hit or miss, just like with his wack job father. The defense is legendary but the offense was better under Mangini. And I don't think Rex even cares. I get this scary feeling that Rex wants the offense to suck so the defense gets all the credit. I'm just starting to get this feeling that Rex is not all there.

hoping4sb,

You're right about the time Sanchez called the plays. That made him look smarter than the 'prankster' crap did. And on the sidelines at the end there were some looks between Shot/Sanchez that looked more like disagreement than confusion.

I hope Sanchez is smarter than I think, because maybe he can audible his way out of shotty's bs. (if shotty is in fact the problem)

But I'm also hoping the Ravens D is GOOD and we're just too proud to give that some credit.

I didn't see the sideline stuff you mentioned, I might have stormed out of the room at that point to bang my head against the wall. :D

The Ravens D is good, but remember their secondary was completely banged up, and we didn't take advantage of that. Something was really amiss.

Its just one game but I'm starting to worry about Rex's sanity. He just does some strange things. Everything with him is either hit or miss, just like with his wack job father. The defense is legendary but the offense was better under Mangini. And I don't think Rex even cares. I get this scary feeling that Rex wants the offense to suck so the defense gets all the credit. I'm just starting to get this feeling that Rex is not all there.

I thought Rex wasn't gonna be any part of the offense. I thought he had enough confidence in Schotty to let him run the show there.

Wow. WHat the hell are you possibly basing this on?

agree with you kind of. We have the number one d and the ravens had the number three d last year. looks like to be about the same this year so far. so yeah, any offense is going to struggle against them. it's just heart wrenching to watch half of our team play lights out and the other half not produce a single point. special teams produced the 9. i agree one game doesn't make the season, but for how long will we let schotty and sanchez hand cuff this team??? If we keep scoring 6 to 14 points a game at what point do the jets make a change??? I was praying cro took it to the house because i knew that was the only way we were going to get a touchdown.

Fixed your post.

this was the official who called 23 penalties for over 300 yards in a Ravens-Vikes game-remember that Jerry? The Ravens players were livid and saying stuff that almost got them in trouble...maybe this guy felt he needed to make it up to Baltimore last night. That game felt just like the Steelers RS game the year we played them in the playoffs-FIXED, just like this one felt to me

We lost to the Ravens (a very good team) by 1 point. That's it. 1 point.

If a win is a win, then a loss must be a loss. Relax.

I think that the penalties (lack of discipline) will be addressed. That is an easy fix. Greene's lack of focus is an easy fix. Does anyone know that Kyle Wilson is a rookie?

I'm not saying that the Raven's offense is great, but their WR's are all proven veterans. They were going to win some battle's against Wilson.

IMO, our number 1 problem for the last four years is Schottenheimer.

Sanchez is going to be fine. I never really felt comfortable with him at QB, until I saw him last night. The kid looked poised in there. He wasn't scared at all. The plays that were dialed in for him were horrible. If they let this kid run the offense, we might have a chance. I think the training wheels need to come off. Let's just remember that Schotty is a QB killer.

Overall, I'm glad we lost the way we did. I think it's only going to help us win a few later in the season.

Hey Jets, Welcome back to earth. now get back to friggan work!!! Schotty, go somewhere, do something, just get the hell away from the QB's.

agree with you kind of. We have the number one d and the ravens had the number three d last year. looks like to be about the same this year so far. so yeah, any offense is going to struggle against them. it's just heart wrenching to watch half of our team play lights out and the other half not produce a single point. special teams produced the 9. i agree one game doesn't make the season, but for how long will we let schotty and sanchez hand cuff this team??? If we keep scoring 6 to 14 points a game at what point do the jets make a change??? I was praying cro took it to the house because i knew that was the only way we were going to get a touchdown.

yea I know CS...but I know it, you know it, we all friggin' know it that we're stuck with Schottenheimer-who I refuse to call by his cute nickname

this was the official who called 23 penalties for over 300 yards in a Ravens-Vikes game-remember that Jerry? The Ravens players were livid and saying stuff that almost got them in trouble...maybe this guy felt he needed to make it up to Baltimore last night. That game felt just like the Steelers RS game the year we played them in the playoffs-FIXED, just like this one felt to me

Players waste their millions on bling and women. I'd pay private investigators to bug refs phones.

Players waste their millions on bling and women. I'd pay private investigators to bug refs phones.

I have long believed that some games are fixed-you only have to watch to KNOW-only takes a play here and there or to set the tone like that Walt guy did last night to make a team afraid to play football

and Chris Johnson was talking about all the drug tests they spring on him....10 last year and like a half a dozen already this year-check out some of THOSE guys-the zebras

The offense was totally unprepared. Ryan knows the Ravens better than any other NFL coach,and yet the offense played like they had met in the parking lot yesterday afternoon. And if you have any plans to win a division title or get a 1 or 2 seed, you have to win home AFC games.

Totally unacceptable slapdick nonsense.

Do think the pilloring of Kyle Wilson goes too far. The PI call in the end zone was a joke.

The Wilson PI call was absurd. Also he picked up a holding flag against the Ravens. Now that's not a complicated penalty to call; either the guy held or he didn't, and it's not like there's some wiggle room like whether a ball is catchable. It's a hold or it isn't. I don't recall any ref ever getting on the mike and saying the flag they threw wasn't holding; why did you thorw the flag at all.

Again though this offense is why they lost.

Bull sh*t...the same old jets is real, we see it every year. Until something happens that changes this mentality this will continue and last night was exactly the same as its always been. And talking sh*t, doesnt change anything. Winning does.

Further, this is the what the NY Jets under Rex Ryan have become. An atrocious offense and with an outstanding defense. Last year was no different, the preseason was no different.

How anyone can sit here and just push this aside as one game is beyond me. Opening night, all the hype, all the trash talking, first game in New Stadium and they cant even get in the ******* endzone with endless opportunities set up with great field position.

We saw it in the preseason, we have an anemic offense and it carried into week 1.

Same Old Jets

The Wilson PI call was absurd. Also he picked up a holding flag against the Ravens. Now that's not a complicated penalty to call; either the guy held or he didn't, and it's not like there's some wiggle room like whether a ball is catchable. It's a hold or it isn't. I don't recall any ref ever getting on the mike and saying the flag they threw wasn't holding; why did you thorw the flag at all.

Again though this offense is why they lost.

great points all Bugg and you're right I've never seen that either-again you're right this offense IS why they lost

hoping4sb,

Jerry, I COMPLETELY agree with you. I just posted the same thing in the 'I Hate Schottenheimer' thread. There was that one play that Sanchez either didnt agree or didnt get a play at all where he called a play on the fly and threw a 10 yd pass to Braylon. I really hope Sanchez man's up and audible's the sh*t out of Schottys plays and does what he knows he can do.

Bull sh*t...the same old jets is real, we see it every year. Until something happens that changes this mentality this will continue and last night was exactly the same as its always been. And talking sh*t, doesnt change anything. Winning does.

Further, this is the what the NY Jets under Rex Ryan have become. An atrocious offense and with an outstanding defense. Last year was no different, the preseason was no different.

How anyone can sit here and just push this aside as one game is beyond me. Opening night, all the hype, all the trash talking, first game in New Stadium and they cant even get in the ******* endzone with endless opportunities set up with great field position.

We saw it in the preseason, we have an anemic offense and it carried into week 1.

Same Old Jets

Yeap your right...I've seen this same type of stuff over and over again with this team. It's kind of sad but expected. The only thing that changes same old Jets is for them to finally win. To lose that game last night only points to same old Jets. The last time I saw a team lose like that was when Richie K. coached them.

Advise for REX = STFU and have your team ready to play Sunday against New England. STFU with all the trash talking until you actually win a super bowl. STFU with how great players are. STFU with all of that and have your team mentally ready to play. AND...that the kid gloves off of Sanchez, either he is a QB that you can win with or not....let him throw the ball down field and not 8 yards when you need 10 for a first.

And REX = I don't want to hear another word about how great the team is anymore. STFU and F-en WIN.

Archived