Wow, Interesting Question about Practice Squad

TNJet

What/how did we wind up with Jarron Gilbert on our practice squad? I noticed this just now on jets.com. I know that last year in the 2009 draft he was labeled a 3-4 DE beast, graded out to be drafted anywhere from late first to early third rnd. (drafted by bears in 3rd rnd) Why did the bears cut ties? I wanted this guy badly during the 2009 draft and now he's on our PS? lol, someone please explain.

Get him on the active roster and deactivate a TE. We need fresh guys who can put pressure on the QB each and every down.

seriously, Pouha was our starting RDE with Jinx starting but now w Jinx out, Pouha starts at NT. Whos gonna be our RDE? Gilbert?

What/how did we wind up with Jarron Gilbert on our practice squad? I noticed this just now on jets.com. I know that last year in the 2009 draft he was labeled a 3-4 DE beast, graded out to be drafted anywhere from late first to early third rnd. (drafted by bears in 3rd rnd) Why did the bears cut ties? I wanted this guy badly during the 2009 draft and now he's on our PS? lol, someone please explain.

he was a final cut, can't remember what team? and we picked him up

Gilbert is probably the highest upside player on the practice squad. I hope he turns into the player he was projected to be. He could learn from Ellis. IIRC he's got the frame to put on weight so maybe he can make himself a 295-300 pounder in a few years.

Hopefully he does something here...

Archived