The worst luck of any pitcher.....EVER

Blackout

Since 1901, Ross Ohlendorf is only the second pitcher in MLB history to make at least 20 starts, sport an ERA under 4.50 and record one win in a season:

Rk Player - Record - GS - ERA - CG - IP

1 Ross Ohlendorf 1-11, 21, 4.07, 0, 108.1

2 Jack Nabors 1-20, 30, 3.47, 11, 212.2

source: Baseball-reference.com

Since 1901, Ross Ohlendorf is only the second pitcher in MLB history to make at least 20 starts, sport an ERA under 4.50 and record one win in a season:

Rk Player - Record - GS - ERA - CG - IP

1 Ross Ohlendorf 1-11, 21, 4.07, 0, 108.1

2 Jack Nabors 1-20, 30, 3.47, 11, 212.2

source: Baseball-reference.com

I always liked Ohlendorf. I hoped he'd turn in to a decent middle of the rotation guy and it looks like he has. Too bad he's on the Pirates.

Micah Owings on the other hand :unsure:

I wouldn't say it was all bad luck, though he did have the worst run support of all the Pirates starters, the Pirates had the 2nd worst offense in the league this year.

OT:King Felix has the worst run support of any pitcher with over 100 innings. Even if they had an average offense, he'd be a shoe in for the CYA.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so. Baseball, unlike football, has been very kind to their hardcore fans who like to critically analyze the game over the past decade.

Greinke did just pull it off last year....

Greinke was 16-8 with slightly better numbers across the board than what King Felix did this year. He was a clear favorite to me. I see Price and Sabathia as legitimate candidates so King Felix might not get his this year.

Archived