Am I hearing this right?

THE ILK

Did I really just hear a baseball official say they did not over turn wrong calls to avoid going against the home team, and the backlash that it would cause at the stadium?

And that an umpire should never admit he made the wrong call even after the fact, like the whole world is not seeing the replays!

Are they really following the political mode that all of society is morons?

WTF is going on in baseball, talk about a home field advantage!

:face:

Did I really just hear a baseball official say they did not over turn wrong calls to avoid going against the home team, and the backlash that it would cause at the stadium?

And that an umpire should never admit he made the wrong call even after the fact, like the whole world is not seeing the replays!

Are they really following the political mode that all of society is morons?

WTF is going on in baseball, talk about a home field advantage!

:face:

I think Twins and Rays fans would disagree with that statement.

I think Twins and Rays fans would disagree with that statement.

I don't get it, which statement?

And the Twins almost benefited from this on what should have been the last out of game 1.

They basically are saying they would not overturn that call because it was in Minnesota, and they did not want to deal with the uproar it would have caused.

I hope nobody tries to compare this to the ball and strike calls, because right now there are bad calls at the plate in almost every at bat.

I don't get it, which statement?

And the Twins almost benefited from this on what should have been the last out of game 1.

They basically are saying they would not overturn that call because it was in Minnesota, and they did not want to deal with the uproar it would have caused.

I hope nobody tries to compare this to the ball and strike calls, because right now there are bad calls at the plate in almost every at bat.

Well I think both were bad calls and the ending results were major turning points in both games.

If I was a Twins or Rays fan I would be pretty ticked right now.

A-Rod got his HR in Philly last year after instant replay showed that it hit the camera and that was in Philly.

I find it hard to believe that something like not overturning an obvious call would happen in the post season.

Well I think both were bad calls and the ending results were major turning points in both games.

A-Rod got his HR in Philly last year after instant replay showed that it hit the camera and that was in Philly.

I find it hard to believe that something like not overturning an obvious call would happen in the post season.

I know but there are bad calls at the plate in every at bat, it sucks but they were not referring to that.

A caught ball called a hit, is something that is not so prominent, and doesn't go both ways every game.

I find it hard to believe too, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard on the radio today. :confused0082:

I actually liked Smoltz's suggestion that they expand instant replay to review plays that directly result in a run scoring or on the final out of the game. I mean, they can keep it at the umpire's discretion whether they go that route but at least expand it. It's stupid to get a call wrong due to human error. "human error is part of the game" is a dumb argument imo. Just because it's so doesn't mean it has to be that way. They can make it like football where they need indisputable visual evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I actually liked Smoltz's suggestion that they expand instant replay to review plays that directly result in a run scoring or on the final out of the game. I mean, they can keep it at the umpire's discretion whether they go that route but at least expand it. It's stupid to get a call wrong due to human error. "human error is part of the game" is a dumb argument imo. Just because it's so doesn't mean it has to be that way. They can make it like football where they need indisputable visual evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I liked it too, except for the part where it only comes into play on a run or the final play of the game.

That's BS because if it happens at a different time it can still kill you.

If they really want to get it right, they should use an eye in the sky like the NHL does.

Even if it's just used to review outs made in the field. and for HR's, fair and foul balls.

With today's technology, they should try and eliminate human error as much as the can, IMO.

Baseball is letting time pass it bye, and it shows in everything they do.

The only think the Rays just be ticket off about is their endemic offense.

Archived