Lets be real, the Pats will miss Randy Moss a TON

Matt39

I didnt realize how good Percy Harvin was until last night...and a lot had to do with Moss running his go routes opening up the middle of the field for Percy.

Welker wont have that luxury anymore and isnt nearly the athlete Harvin is. Look for Baltimore to blow the doors of the Patriots like they did last year in the playoffs.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't follow the moss trade closely enough to realize Bellichick may have timed it to hose us. I'll be looking forward to seeing this bite him later in the year.

And I agree, we'll see how good Welker is when Moss isn't taking the heat off him.

I didnt realize how good Percy Harvin was until last night...and a lot had to do with Moss running his go routes opening up the middle of the field for Percy.

Welker wont have that luxury anymore and isnt nearly the athlete Harvin is. Look for Baltimore to blow the doors of the Patriots like they did last year in the playoffs.

Comparing Percy Harvin to Welker is ridiculous. Pats fans will soon see how pedestrian Welker is without the presence of Randy Moss. You put Harvin in that system for the last 3 years and he'd blow the doors offs that offense.

Comparing Percy Harvin to Welker is ridiculous. Pats fans will soon see how pedestrian Welker is without the presence of Randy Moss. You put Harvin in that system for the last 3 years and he'd blow the doors offs that offense.

Just look at what Sidney Rice did in the slot last year without Moss. Can you imagine him once he comes back now?

Exactly.

Harvin is more of a downfield threat whereas Welker is your pure slot receiver.

Comparing them is ridiculous.

They play the same position. Its isn't ridiculous at all. Harvin just happens to be bigger, faster, quicker and stronger.

The play the same position. Its isn't ridiculous at all. Harvin just happens to be bigger, faster, quicker and stronger.

They might play the same position, but the way they play it is totally different.

When was the last time Welker had a CB on him for the entire game? It hasn't happened.

Harvin had Revis (who looked like a college CB out there) the entire game.

They might play the same position, but the way they play it is totally different.

When was the last time Welker had a CB on him for the entire game? It hasn't happened.

Harvin had Revis (who looked like a college CB out there) the entire game.

They play totally different because Harvin happens to be a lot better. Add Moss to the outside ad he becomes one of the more dangerous threats in football.

Welker is now a JAG like he was in Miami without Moss on the outside.

Shouldn't you be out buying a stopwatch for Rex?

Haha! I don't even know what that means... unsure.gif

Anyway, this thread's supposed to be about the Pats missing Moss, but I understand your need to try to hijack it into something else - because the Pats are really going to miss Moss.

I know Tom Brady won Super Bowls with Peon Deion in the past, but that was as a 90-something rated passer with a running game behind him and a defense capable of playing when he wasn't on the field. The Pats became a version of the Peyton Manning Colts in their 16-0 18-1 year. They've been completely QB driven, and the rest of the team has been crumbling. This is not a good move for them. They needed a downfield guy, not another tiny possession guy.

Vince Jackson could've been a scary move down the stretch. Adding Branch for a fourth round pick is essentially an expensive non-move.

Haha! I don't even know what that means... unsure.gif

Anyway, this thread's supposed to be about the Pats missing Moss, but I understand your need to try to hijack it into something else - because the Pats are really going to miss Moss.

I know Tom Brady won Super Bowls with Peon Deion in the past, but that was as a 90-something rated passer with a running game behind him and a defense capable of playing when he wasn't on the field. The Pats became a version of the Peyton Manning Colts in their 16-0 18-1 year. They've been completely QB driven, and the rest of the team has been crumbling. This is not a good move for them. They needed a downfield guy, not another tiny possession guy.

Vince Jackson could've been a scary move down the stretch. Adding Branch for a fourth round pick is essentially an expensive non-move.

Not to mention they only got a third for Moss and had to give up a fourth for Branch?

If they got a 2nd for Moss and gave up a fifth for Branch it would have made sense. But the way this went down, the Pats look like suckers.

Minnesota, if Favre gets his head on straight can be a very dangerous team the second half of the year.

How the hell is a team going to defend Moss, Harvin, Rice and yet have enough guys to deal with Adrian Peterson ?

I think the Jets are very lucky to have played the Vikings when they did.

Minnesota, if Favre gets his head on straight can be a very dangerous team the second half of the year.

How the hell is a team going to defend Moss, Harvin, Rice and yet have enough guys to deal with Adrian Peterson ?

This.

Reason #2380283123 why football doesn't count until November at the very earliest.

Minnesota would probably be better off without Favre. He's old, he's hurt, he's not going to get better this year. He's going to get worse. His career is over, he just doesn't realize it, yet.

I hope they make the move to Tarvaris Jackson soon, so he's completely up to speed by the time they play the Pats.

The idea that some people in the cult of Belichick are putting out there that NE's offense will be ANYWHERE NEAR what it was without Moss is pure insanity. When you have zero deep threats that scare anyone the size of the field the offense has to work with is basically cut in half. Good luck against the ravens lol.

The idea that some people in the cult of Belichick are putting out there that NE's offense will be ANYWHERE NEAR what it was without Moss is pure insanity.

Yea, I'm sure Brady and the Pats offense will have a very difficult time replacing 9 catches, 139 yards and 2 TD's in 3 games.

Did anyone see a piece of the Sunday conversation with Brady where he basically says "to think we are better without Randy is crazy"?

Ha!

Yet it was not important enough for him to cut his hair.

Oh I forgot there was never any fight, it was all just damage control, they actually wanted to swap Moss for Branch and move up a few spots in the draft all along.

Archived