A.J. Burnett and Javy Vazquez

AFJF

Any chance Cashman can send one if not both of these guys to an NL team in the off-season. JV (talk about appropriate initials) is one year removed from almost winning a CY over there so he'd probably be easier to move.

AJ and Vaz to the NL

Cliff Lee to the Yanks.

Any chance Cashman can send one if not both of these guys to an NL team in the off-season. JV (talk about appropriate initials) is one year removed from almost winning a CY over there so he'd probably be easier to move.

AJ and Vaz to the NL

Cliff Lee to the Yanks.

Vazquez is a FA at the end of the year. And there's no way in hell we'd offer arbitration to him. Just be happy is salary is off the books.

Get used to AJ. 3 years and 49.5 million left on that deal. He's going to be ours for another few years.

Javy is a free agent this off-season. So he's free to sign with any team that want him. We can also forget about any draft picks. He won't be offered arbitration, for the fear he will aceept it. That trade is a total bust. Arody Vizcaino, even with his shoulder concerns, looked great when healthy, he's has so much potential. Braves made out well. Burnett, well... we're stuck with him. No one wants him or his ugly ugly contract.

He's basically been a one pitch pitcher this entire year. He lost control on his curve. But I guess what else is new. The guy has elite stuff but inconsistent command.

He lost it but he didn't lose it to health or anything...He's entirely capable of getting it back.

Odly enough, Boone Logan has become the more vaulable pitcher coming to the Yankees in that Javy/Logan for Melky/Vizcaino/Dunn trade.

I just hope Vicaino doesn't turn into anything. I know we're coming off of the WS win and i'm okay with moving on from Damon and Matsui but god damn. Nick Johnson and Javy Vazquez? How the hell do you not see what happened happening again?

I just hope Vicaino doesn't turn into anything. I know we're coming off of the WS win and i'm okay with moving on from Damon and Matsui but god damn. Nick Johnson and Javy Vazquez? How the hell do you not see what happened happening again?

I was behind the Vazquez trade, though once the PTBNA became Arody Vizcaino, I was not pleased, but on principal, I thought Vazquez could come in a do a stellar job as #4 starter, win 12-14 games, with an era hovering in the low 4's. I didn't think that was too much to ask, especially with the Yankee offense. But he started out awful, pitched well for a month, and then just spit the bit again. His fastball just dispeared, if he had the same fastball in 2009, he would of done much better. but in the AL East, a 88-90 mph isn't cutting it without much movement. Nick Johnson was worth the gamble, I don't think we lost anything because of that deal. It was predictable, but still meant very little. Thames has been a great pick. Johnson was not.

Damn, I thought Javy had another year on his deal. Would've been nice to get something for him but I'll take the addition by subtraction and his contract off the books.

I think the Yanks would have a shot at dealing AJ to the NL if they picked up a portion of his salary. Could be more addition by subtraction.

It really is a shame though becuase the guy has Cy Young stuff...just can't get his head on straight.

Damn, I thought Javy had another year on his deal. Would've been nice to get something for him but I'll take the addition by subtraction and his contract off the books.

I think the Yanks would have a shot at dealing AJ to the NL if they picked up a portion of his salary. Could be more addition by subtraction.

It really is a shame though becuase the guy has Cy Young stuff...just can't get his head on straight.

1) His trade value is dirt low production-wise

2) His trade value is below dirt low from his prohibitive contract

3) The yankees are not going to pick up salary, certainly not to the ugly a$$ figures we'd have to right now. The yankees don't do business that way anymore anyways. I can't remember the last trade they made where they picked up a substantial salary. Maybe Bobby Abreu?

4) As bad as he's been, there's no reason to think he can't regain command as it's not a physical problem like Gato alluded. We'd be better off keeping him because I doubt he's going to be as bad this year in future years. His elite stuff is worth trying to straighten him out.

In short, it's unrealistic to trade him. And really for what? If we actually do get Lee, which I think we will make strong effort to considering we offered Montero to get him. We'll have AJ being slotted as the #4 guy behind Hughes. I can live with that.

I'm gonna go bold and say the Yankees don't sign Lee unless they force 46's retirement, which isn't going to happen.

My favorite for Lee is the Mets. He fits that park to a tee, and he did his best pitching in SafeCo, another gigantic park. He'd give them the stud they need with Santana's future in doubt right now, and he's got 3-5 years left on his arm easy.

I'm gonna go bold and say the Yankees don't sign Lee unless they force 46's retirement, which isn't going to happen.

My favorite for Lee is the Mets. He fits that park to a tee, and he did his best pitching in SafeCo, another gigantic park. He'd give them the stud they need with Santana's future in doubt right now, and he's got 3-5 years left on his arm easy.

or a chance of him staying in Texas?

Well, in a little while we find out if A.J. Burnett is a complete mental case or not. The guy has amazing stuff..nobody doubts that. Since his last start he's been ripped by fans and media alike, left off of the WC roster, now people saying his manager is making a terrible decision by letting him pitch. He either takes all this in and turns it in to "eff you all" positive energy/focus, or he melts down and gets rocked like Kevin Brown vs. the Sox.

It could happen...especially if they beat the Yankees this series. The only issue is that they're supposed to be dead broke.

yeah arent they bankrupt or going into bankruptcy? idk it would have been nice for him to stay in seattle, where i live. we have nothing to be proud of here in or sports world

Archived