Just got power back....FINALLY

SoFlaJets

so what was it like? tell me your tales

What is was like DK?It was like the friggin Wizard Of Oz.It was worse around here(Lake Worth west)than Frances and Jean combined (last years disasters).You know what's weird though-you find aLOT to be grateful for at times like that.There's always another family not too far away that has it a lot worse than you do.Everyone is OK,we all ate,had water and the fences stayed up and the roof stayed on.As a Jersey guy I can tell ya I DON'T LIKE FRICKIN HURRICANES!

What is was like DK?It was like the friggin Wizard Of Oz.It was worse around here(Lake Worth west)than Frances and Jean combined (last years disasters).You know what's weird though-you find aLOT to be grateful for at times like that.There's always another family not too far away that has it a lot worse than you do.Everyone is OK,we all ate,had water and the fences stayed up and the roof stayed on.As a Jersey guy I can tell ya I DON'T LIKE FRICKIN HURRICANES!

Just curious, would you evacuate next time or ride it out again?

I know I would be out of here if I knew a hurricane was coming. I hate when we have tornado warnings so I know I could not handle a hurricane.

If a 4 or 5 catergory hurricane is coming we're outta here JFBM.We have our grandchildren here and I sure would not want to go thru what the Katrina victims went thru-having to be up in the rafters for days.These things are getting worse every year-glad that there's no global warming or nothin making the waters down here more conducive to these catostrophic storms...ahem

Archived