This Is NOT On Sanchez

Smashmouth

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reform sect and Penningtology does not compute.

However, we're about 8 games away from some sort of Sanchez religion nickname.

Stay tuned.

Sanchez La Muerte?

and lol, very true.. weird how people are with qb's who flash a bit..

Sanchez La Muerte?

and lol, very true.. weird how people are with qb's who flash a bit..

Not that weird.

You know what it means if the QB sucks. Much easier to hope that easily replaceable parts suck.

By the time we can get rid of Sanchez, the rest of our talented players are past their primes. Unfortunately, he could be the new el diablo.

Not that weird.

You know what it means if the QB sucks. Much easier to hope that easily replaceable parts suck.

Yeah, I get that.. But i dunno.. seems like it should be easy to acknowledge that and hope that it's all schotty's faulty rather then cling to that as the only possibility..

It doesn't seem like a logical reaction to me, so I don't think they are thinking that deeply anyway..

Yeah, I get that.. But i dunno.. seems like it should be easy to acknowledge that and hope that it's all schotty's faulty rather then cling to that as the only possibility..

It doesn't seem like a logical reaction to me, so I don't think they are thinking that deeply anyway..

How long have you posted on football message boards?

Joke's on you for thinking logic matters.

How long have you posted on football message boards?

Joke's on you for thinking logic matters.

lol.. that's what I'm saying.. I don't get it.. I mean, I'm no Schotty fan.. but I don't know who in thier right mind can watch that game yesterday and come away with any conclusion other then he played terribly

lol.. that's what I'm saying.. I don't get it.. I mean, I'm no Schotty fan.. but I don't know who in thier right mind can watch that game yesterday and come away with any conclusion other then he played terribly

He did play terribly. But I am reminded of the old saying "practice makes perfect."

I've never agreed with this because if you practice the wrong thing over and over, you are only going to get good at being terrible.

If his offensive coordinator is teaching him the wrong things, how good can he possibly become?

I'd like to see the kid get coached up by someone competent before I pass full judgement on him.

Dead on.

Shotty deserves to be fired, but it's not like he's instructing Sanchez to throw behind his WRs. I'm pretty sure Shotty didn't coach Sanchez to roll out against the Bengals and soft toss the ball right into the defenses hands. I doubt Shotty coached Sanchez to take the ball all the way downfield on the opening drive vs the Pats in the 2nd half and completely ignore the linebacker.

The best defense of Sanchez is simply, 'we're stuck with him'.

I'd like to see the kid get coached up by someone competent before I pass full judgement on him.

If your partial judgment under a crap OC is that he's got a better arm than Josh Freeman, just imagine how awesome he'll be when we get a coordinator you like enough to pass full judgment.

The best defense of Sanchez is simply, 'we're stuck with him'.

That's not really a defense of Sanchez. To make it that you'd have to extend it to 'we're stuck with him because apparently nobody in the front office can count to sixteen, and no quarterback could possibly be successful in an organization run by such morons.'

I really don't understand how you guys can watch these games and see sanchez throwing behind or out right missing one receiver after the next and come to the conclusion that it's all schotty's fault. And when the kid actually throws a decent pass half the time our sh*tty brain dead receivers drop it.. And when the pocket breaks down, those same brain dead receivers don't work back to the kid..

Of course Schotty is to blame for some of this.. but our QB has proven to be inaccurate when the weather/temp isn't good. Our receivers are overrated and several of these games our vaunted "ground and pound" offense has be inept.

The QB isn't as good as you guys thought he was, that's really the biggest issue here. But you just overrated him, he's only a second year guy for cripes sake

I take it you haven't watched many 2nd year QBs play. Most of the greats were inconsistent.

Schitty just sets him up to fail, and I see enough talent in Sanchez that I think he'd be a lot better with a better OC. It really does matter. Play calling, rhythm, communication, practice, all those things change the result considerably. The plays never even get called in quickly, and a lot of the time what looks like an inaccurate throw is really just the WR going to the wrong spot on a timing pattern. Most throws in the NFL are timing patterns where the QB is supposed to throw to a spot, if the WR isn't in that spot it looks off but it's not actually on the QB. There were several plays like that yesterday and many throughout the season.

I don't want you to misunderstand me, I am not saying Sanchez played great by any means. By all accounts he missed many throws. But this team does not help him either. Every QB misses throws, and 2nd year QBs miss more than 10 year QBs. Sanchez has a rougher time than most QBs because the offense is designed so badly and the play calling is so bad that he really isn't given a chance to get comfortable most of the time. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning get tons of easy throws to get them in rhythm, get to throw on first downs, and they still throw INTs and miss throws plenty even right now.

Peyton's second year was one of the better 2nd years in NFL history. His first year though he threw a whopping 28 INTs. His second year he threw 15. He also played a full 4 years in college.

Brees sat his first year, and played a full college career. His first year starting saw him throw 16 INTs. His second year he had 4 more INTs than TDs, and only played 11 games. He threw 15 INTs, which is more than one a game obviously.

Sanchez to this point has 18 TD and 12 INT, even with this slump. That's better than Brees. Furthermore, both Brees and Peyton have more INTs this year than Sanchez does, and they are obviously at a much further point in their careers.

Sanchez is judged way too harshly on here and by the NY media. I honestly think you send this kid out to some other team, especially a good team, and he is playing very well and the fanbase appreciates him. If the Jets traded him in the off season I don't think I could stop laughing, because I'm sure he'd just start making Pro Bowls and win a few SBs the rest of his career. I see enough in this kid. Remember this board likes to write off QBs all the time, this board also hated Eli Manning, and has constantly claimed Tom Brady is a system QB and would suck without Moss or any number of other things. This board is always wrong about QBs. Hell half this board wanted Leinart.

I take it you haven't watched many 2nd year QBs play. Most of the greats were inconsistent.

Schitty just sets him up to fail, and I see enough talent in Sanchez that I think he'd be a lot better with a better OC. It really does matter. Play calling, rhythm, communication, practice, all those things change the result considerably. The plays never even get called in quickly, and a lot of the time what looks like an inaccurate throw is really just the WR going to the wrong spot on a timing pattern. Most throws in the NFL are timing patterns where the QB is supposed to throw to a spot, if the WR isn't in that spot it looks off but it's not actually on the QB. There were several plays like that yesterday and many throughout the season.

I don't want you to misunderstand me, I am not saying Sanchez played great by any means. By all accounts he missed many throws. But this team does not help him either. Every QB misses throws, and 2nd year QBs miss more than 10 year QBs. Sanchez has a rougher time than most QBs because the offense is designed so badly and the play calling is so bad that he really isn't given a chance to get comfortable most of the time. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning get tons of easy throws to get them in rhythm, get to throw on first downs, and they still throw INTs and miss throws plenty even right now.

Peyton's second year was one of the better 2nd years in NFL history. His first year though he threw a whopping 28 INTs. His second year he threw 15. He also played a full 4 years in college.

Brees sat his first year, and played a full college career. His first year starting saw him throw 16 INTs. His second year he had 4 more INTs than TDs, and only played 11 games. He threw 15 INTs, which is more than one a game obviously.

Sanchez to this point has 18 TD and 12 INT, even with this slump. That's better than Brees. Furthermore, both Brees and Peyton have more INTs this year than Sanchez does, and they are obviously at a much further point in their careers.

Sanchez is judged way too harshly on here and by the NY media. I honestly think you send this kid out to some other team, especially a good team, and he is playing very well and the fanbase appreciates him. If the Jets traded him in the off season I don't think I could stop laughing, because I'm sure he'd just start making Pro Bowls and win a few SBs the rest of his career. I see enough in this kid. Remember this board likes to write off QBs all the time, this board also hated Eli Manning, and has constantly claimed Tom Brady is a system QB and would suck without Moss or any number of other things. This board is always wrong about QBs. Hell half this board wanted Leinart.

I'm not judging him harshly long term, see my other posts in this thread. I just think it's clear he was terrible yesterday (but better then henne) and that by far was the biggest reason we lost.

What i'm saying is second year qb's are going to have games like this, comes with the territory. My long term position on Sanchez hasn't changed that much since the begginning of the year, lot of things to like, lot of things not to like. He's got a chance to be a good one.

I'm not judging him harshly long term, see my other posts in this thread. I just think it's clear he was terrible yesterday (but better then henne) and that by far was the biggest reason we lost.

What i'm saying is second year qb's are going to have games like this, comes with the territory. My long term position on Sanchez hasn't changed that much since the begginning of the year, lot of things to like, lot of things not to like. He's got a chance to be a good one.

Sounds like we are in agreement on that. That is why I kill Schitty so much. It's not that I think Sanchez is playing well, he certainly is not, it's that I think Schotty is doing him absolutely no favors and is the far easier part to replace, and indeed, the only part that really does need replacing. I can live with Sanchez' negatives, although I want him to fix them and think he will. I can't accept Schotty's though, especially since this is his what, 5th year as an OC? Plus he has a HoF father to bounce ideas off of. I still use my father and other mentors as a huge resource myself for everything. Either Schotty doesn't, or his father is actually incompetent, and I do not believe that to be true. Martyball sucks in the playoffs and usually big games, but it is enough to win 14 games a season.

Problem with your logic is, I think most people see this as a "good team" who is Super Bowl caliber but have a young inept QB that is potentially preventing that from ever being reality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the team isnt good because Mark isnt good. And can you honestly say the Jets arent the best possible situation for a young QB to enter? Is there a team with a better surrounding cast that would make Mark more successful?

I dont think so.

Problem with your logic is, I think most people see this as a "good team" who is Super Bowl caliber but have a young inept QB that is potentially preventing that from ever being reality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the team isnt good because Mark isnt good. And can you honestly say the Jets arent the best possible situation for a young QB to enter? Is there a team with a better surrounding cast that would make Mark more successful?

I dont think so.

I can honestly say, watching the play design, the players effort level, the drops and the play calling, that indeed this is a terrible situation for a young QB. And that falls on the coaching.

By a good team I mean good offensive coaching and philosophy. I believe this Jets team has some of the sorriest coaching in the league. The players are lazy and unfocused, the play calling and design is poor and does not create easy situations and rhythm. Not surprisingly most of the good coaches in this league have good QBs so they wouldn't need to replace those guys. Look at how Michael Vick is playing for Andy Reid. Vick is now an unstoppable pocket passer, I swear to you when he was back in Atlanta the man had no accuracy and could read a defense to save his life. Now it is stunning to watch him and I consider him the MVP this year. Brady has a great argument too, but what Vick is doing is equally as absurd. Sean Payton has Brees sure, but Brees didn't really come alive until he was coached by him. Of course there is the BB and Brady connection too. Out in San Diego Norv is many things, but he is certainly a great offensive coach, and Rivers thrives under him.

Sanchez has the raw talent to play well in this league. I don't see him reaching his potential under Schotty. But the potential is surely there, and he can be playing better than he is. Hell, he HAS played better just earlier this year. Maybe they should bench Santonio and put the focus back on Braylon and Keller, I don't know, but something must happen. And please no more Brad Smith plays and stop running LT up the gut every first down. At least use the stretch play with LT, that's what he did mostly in San Diego, he was never a great inside runner. For inside running they usually bought in Lorenzo Neal or Michael Turner. I know, and Schotty should know, because I was in San Diego those years and watched all the games.

Sounds like we are in agreement on that. That is why I kill Schitty so much. It's not that I think Sanchez is playing well, he certainly is not, it's that I think Schotty is doing him absolutely no favors and is the far easier part to replace, and indeed, the only part that really does need replacing. I can live with Sanchez' negatives, although I want him to fix them and think he will. I can't accept Schotty's though, especially since this is his what, 5th year as an OC? Plus he has a HoF father to bounce ideas off of. I still use my father and other mentors as a huge resource myself for everything. Either Schotty doesn't, or his father is actually incompetent, and I do not believe that to be true. Martyball sucks in the playoffs and usually big games, but it is enough to win 14 games a season.

It's the players too.. Receivers dropping big catches, loafing around, running the wrong route... I think it goes back to rex... it's like i said in the defense thread... ok, rex unfairly bashed you, but stfu cause you were un believably bad just six days ago and have lost the right to say anything for at least a month. Shutting down the dolphins with henne playing as bad as i've ever seen a qb play is nothing to be proud about... I think this whole team needs to be taken down a few notches and get to work

It's the players too.. Receivers dropping big catches, loafing around, running the wrong route... I think it goes back to rex... it's like i said in the defense thread... ok, rex unfairly bashed you, but stfu cause you were un believably bad just six days ago and have lost the right to say anything for at least a month. Shutting down the dolphins with henne playing as bad as i've ever seen a qb play is nothing to be proud about... I think this whole team needs to be taken down a few notches and get to work

Kind of like when the wife gives you a blowjob and then acts like she deserves something special for it AMIRITE?!?!

Yes that does go back to Rex. But it's also on Schotty. Remember we've heard plenty of times he is pretty much the HC of the offense, Rex lets him run it anyway he wants. That should include benching guys, telling them to run back to the football when Sanchez scrambles, having them rush to the line to get a play off with time running down etc. Honestly Schotty doesn't get the plays in quickly either and that is something that has been admitted by both him and Sanchez.

I've killed both Rex and Schotty repeatedly. I should probably be harder on Sanchez than I am but I do admit he hasn't played that well either, it's not like I pretend he's been awesome. He's show flashes of brilliance and also shown a lot of bad. But that's kind of what I expect out of a 2nd year QB so I don't really focus on him as a problem. I really think with better coaching he would look a lot better. And yes that includes his receivers holding onto the ball more, yes.

It's just bad all around and I think it is unfair to put it all on Sanchez and talk about benching him, like some posters do.

I can honestly say, watching the play design, the players effort level, the drops and the play calling, that indeed this is a terrible situation for a young QB. And that falls on the coaching.

By a good team I mean good offensive coaching and philosophy. I believe this Jets team has some of the sorriest coaching in the league. The players are lazy and unfocused, the play calling and design is poor and does not create easy situations and rhythm. Not surprisingly most of the good coaches in this league have good QBs so they wouldn't need to replace those guys. Look at how Michael Vick is playing for Andy Reid. Vick is now an unstoppable pocket passer, I swear to you when he was back in Atlanta the man had no accuracy and could read a defense to save his life. Now it is stunning to watch him and I consider him the MVP this year. Brady has a great argument too, but what Vick is doing is equally as absurd. Sean Payton has Brees sure, but Brees didn't really come alive until he was coached by him. Of course there is the BB and Brady connection too. Out in San Diego Norv is many things, but he is certainly a great offensive coach, and Rivers thrives under him.

Sanchez has the raw talent to play well in this league. I don't see him reaching his potential under Schotty. But the potential is surely there, and he can be playing better than he is. Hell, he HAS played better just earlier this year. Maybe they should bench Santonio and put the focus back on Braylon and Keller, I don't know, but something must happen. And please no more Brad Smith plays and stop running LT up the gut every first down. At least use the stretch play with LT, that's what he did mostly in San Diego, he was never a great inside runner. For inside running they usually bought in Lorenzo Neal or Michael Turner. I know, and Schotty should know, because I was in San Diego those years and watched all the games.

Honestly, its hard to argue with any of this at this point. I think Sanchez is young and just not very good but I dont know if its because he's just not very good or has terrible coaching. Hard to tell sitting on the couch. He's shown flashes, and he shown sh*t that makes me want to puke. Especially when you seem him moping around on the sideline like a little bitch.

Somethings got to give...

Archived