Is Erik Ainge still with the organization?

Matt39

If so, I'd like to see him get a shot next preseason(if he's turned his life around)

I always thought he had the most tools of any QB on the roster. And yes, I've pretty much had it with Sanchez.

Any time your QB looks like a kicker...it isnt a good thing.

If so, I'd like to see him get a shot next preseason(if he's turned his life around)

I always thought he had the most tools of any QB on the roster. And yes, I've pretty much had it with Sanchez.

He did throw some nice passes to Johnny Knoxville in Jackass 3D, Sanchez would have probably checked down and ruined the shoot

It absolutely kills me to listen to Sanchez say that he has to do a better job over and over after each game.. sure he's young but lets actually start getting better... He looked so lost out there that it wasn't even funny.. I think that they should start the Steeler game in no huddle mode and just let Sanchez do his thing... Seems like he's just thinking too much out there... We also have to stop with the Bradcat crap because it just stops momentum for the offense and usually puts Sanchez in an impossible 3rd and long.

Ainge is not getting a shot to unseat Sanchez next season. I don't think he'd deserve it even if Sanchez weren't a top pick who has had a great deal of success in his short career.

Ainge has been suspended twice in three years and IMO is a very ugly looking QB. He seems like the type that may win games, but nobody will ever be too happy watching him drop back and throw. Besides, while he is still technically "with the team" (I believe he is on the reserve/did not report list) he should have to serve an 8 game suspension when he returns. I'm not sure why they didn't activate him to get the suspension out of the way. Maybe they did, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Ainge is not getting a shot to unseat Sanchez next season. I don't think he'd deserve it even if Sanchez weren't a top pick who has had a great deal of success in his short career.

Ainge has been suspended twice in three years and IMO is a very ugly looking QB. He seems like the type that may win games, but nobody will ever be too happy watching him drop back and throw. Besides, while he is still technically "with the team" (I believe he is on the reserve/did not report list) he should have to serve an 8 game suspension when he returns. I'm not sure why they didn't activate him to get the suspension out of the way. Maybe they did, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Ainge looks like the prototypical drop back passer to me...what is so ugly about him? Tall, good arm...

Unlikely he'll ever get a true shot, but I always thought he had the pedigree to be an NFL QB.

Ainge looks like the prototypical drop back passer to me...what is so ugly about him? Tall, good arm...

Unlikely he'll ever get a true shot, but I always thought he had the pedigree to be an NFL QB.

Tall and ugly. Watch his release. I never studied him, but I've seen him play a decent amount and he doesn't look like any thoroughbred to me. Danny Ainge isn't much of a legacy physically. "9 NBA All-Stars and Danny Ainge!" I think Ainge is okay, but as an NFL QB I expected him to be a solid backup/maybe spot starter. He's not the kind of guy you hand the team over to barring injury or him blowing you away in camp. He's had the benefit of neither.

Many people said O'Connell was looking good in camp prior to his injury. O'Connell had looked good in the Pats camp. Better than Cassel. The next year he looked terrible and he was eventually cut. Hard to say, but tools-wise I think O'Connell has it over Ainge.

You're doing as much drugs as Ainge is if you think he or any other QB is getting a "shot" next preseason.

Sanchez is the starting QB through the 2012 season.

You're doing as much drugs as Ainge is if you think he or any other QB is getting a "shot" next preseason.

Sanchez is the starting QB through the 2012 season.

If Sanchez finishes the season 0-5, which is very likely....you better believe there's a competition next season.

If Sanchez finishes the season 0-5, which is very likely....you better believe there's a competition next season.

No, there won't be.

Woody and Tannenbaum are not going to allow anyone else QB this team for the next 2 years. There is too much money involved and too much at stake to do otherwise.

Again, you're doing the same drugs Ainge is doing if you believe there is any chance Sanchez won't be the QB for the next 2 seasons.

This is the life of a franchise with a highly drafted young QB. Get use to it.

No, there won't be.

Woody and Tannenbaum are not going to allow anyone else QB this team for the next 2 years. There is too much money involved and too much at stake to do otherwise.

Again, you're doing the same drugs Ainge is doing if you believe there is any chance Sanchez won't be the QB for the next 2 seasons.

Yep. Jamarcus got like 50 chances before he was finally let go. And he didn't even work a fraction as hard as Sanchez has.

No, there won't be.

If it's different it must be better!

Yep. Jamarcus got like 50 chances before he was finally let go. And he didn't even work a fraction as hard as Sanchez has.

Exactly.

And because Sanchez works so hard he'll probably be given an even longer leash.

We can't ignore the role of personality in this. Jamarcus was a dick and had a lousy work ethic. The Jets aren't pulling the plug anytime soon on a kid they like as a person who works like crazy.

I wouldnt be a bit surprised if hes not dealt to the likes of the Raiders or Vikings. Over the years the NYJETS have been involved in some wild and crazy stuff. Never say never.

The entire history of this organization over the years and you doubt this? Child please. ](*,)

You're doubling up on the sh-t Ainge is taking if you think there is any possibility that the Jets trade Sanchez after this season.

You're doubling up on the sh-t Ainge is taking if you think there is any possibility that the Jets trade Sanchez after this season.

If the NYJETS finish 9-7 and Sanchez the franchise continues to struggle. Id say the odds are much better than not. If Minnesota or Oakland offers a 1st round pick hes gone.

If the NYJETS finish 9-7 and Sanchez the franchise continues to struggle. Id say the odds are much better than not. If Minnesota or Oakland offers a 1st round pick hes gone.

:face:

Plus, Oakland doesn't have a 1st rounder, you dolt.

You relent to name calling over a football message board debate? Seek immediate help.

Relent to name calling? It was said in jest.

But as to needing to seek help. Seriously, you do need to seek help if you believe there is any chance that the Jets trade Sanchez this offseason.

Relent to name calling? It was said in jest.

But as to needing to seek help. Seriously, you do need to seek help if you believe there is any chance that the Jets trade Sanchez this offseason.

Heres what I said.

If the NYJETS finish 9-7 and Sanchez the franchise continues to struggle. Id say the odds are much better than not. If Minnesota or Oakland offers a 1st round pick hes gone. You corrected me by saying Oakland doesnt have a 1st round pick.

Heres what I said.

If the NYJETS finish 9-7 and Sanchez the franchise continues to struggle. Id say the odds are much better than not. If Minnesota or Oakland offers a 1st round pick hes gone. You corrected me by saying Oakland doesnt have a 1st round pick.

And repeating it doesn't make it any less insane.

Archived