Michael Vick a free agent 2011

visajets

"Yet" is the word you are missing. He isn't a franchise QB yet. He may never become one, only time will tell. But he still should have alot more of a leash than fans seem to want to give him. He's struggling but he's in his second year, he should be. He has definitely improved from last year so far and as long as he keeps doing so then he will be in good shape.

Yeah it's tough because we supposedly have all the other weapons where if our QB who was playing well we could be a offense to be reckoned with. His problem is when he goes bad he really stinks the joint up.

If we are having this discussion this time next year it may be time to think about plan B.

Yeah it's tough because we supposedly have all the other weapons where if our QB who was playing well we could be a offense to be reckoned with. His problem is when he goes bad he really stinks the joint up.

If we are having this discussion this time next year it may be time to think about plan B.

Michael Vick will be signed and in a deal. This team was built to win now. Weak link is the QB.

There is no way Philly will let Vick go. I mean outside of a career ending injury it is absolutely unfathomable to me that they don't sign him. He is arguaby the MVP this year, and if he isn't, there's only one other QB in the league that could get it over him. Brady and Vick are just absolutely on another level now, and nobody else is even close. Man that would be a great game to watch too, and I doubt it will surprise anybody if those two teams met in the SB.

Completely agree on the bolded sentence. You can't really hate on Mark because the rest of the team is "SB ready" and he's the weak link. It's definitely an interesting strategy to draft a QB out of college with minimal experience and then build SB caliber parts around him with veterans. The truth is most of the vets on this team are still going to be playing in their prime at the point Sanchez should reasonably reach his true potential (provided we sign them). Greene, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Mangold, D'Brick, Cotchery are all still young themselves. I think making it to the championship game last year gave the fans and even the FO the false notion that we are a couple pieces away from taking the next step. They forget we were only 9-7 and had a huge string of luck. Nothing that Mark did last year, besides not completely crapping the bed in the playoffs, should have been any indicator that he would be SB ready this year.

I don't fully agree with what Marty Schott said in preseason, that if a QB doesn't regress in his second year then he's progressed, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to be in the top half of the QB's in the league yet. He's improved pretty substantially from last year to this year and that alone is a big success.

I'd never want a 'qb who runs'.

• You design your entire offense around that one guy
  • Teams know all they have to do is hurt the guy
  • They *DO* hurt the guy.
  • Then your team sucks monkey poop

This is why 'running qb's' watch the SB from the golf course or a hospital bed. (or jail, but I digress.. :) )

I'd never want a 'qb who runs'.

Disagree. A defense cannot scheme or practice for this type of QB. If you havent noticed Vick has been throwing alot this year. His passes are accurate and the ball is launched like a missile. very few INTs and balls batted down by the defensive line. Sanchez couldnt wear Vicks dirty jock let alone wash it.

"Yet" is the word you are missing. He isn't a franchise QB yet. He may never become one, only time will tell. But he still should have alot more of a leash than fans seem to want to give him. He's struggling but he's in his second year, he should be. He has definitely improved from last year so far and as long as he keeps doing so then he will be in good shape.

when do we get to stop making excuses for Sanchez? 3rd year? 4th year?

Just want to know when i can jump back on the hater bandwagon.

he's too thin to be worth what you are going to have to pay him ($20 mill per) vs how many games he will miss every year

until he wins a PO game from the pocket, he aint worth it long term

in a sport with no hard cap, I'd sign him

but hard cap = no deal

Even if the Jets decided that Mark wasn't the answer. Could the Jets afford Vick and Mark without letting most of their other FA go?

Depends on how they pick and choose the free agents and what they decide to pay them. Gholston goner frees up big bucks, Sanchez goner frees up big bucks. Im guessing they keep Braylon and let Santonio go. LT could be a goner. JT could be a goner. Cro stays. Alot of wheeling and dealing it could happen.

Depends on how they pick and choose the free agents and what they decide to pay them. Gholston goner frees up big bucks, Sanchez goner frees up big bucks. Im guessing they keep Braylon and let Santonio go. LT could be a goner. JT could be a goner. Cro stays. Alot of wheeling and dealing it could happen.

I doubt Sanchez gone saves money, Jets take a hit on his signing bonus and other guaranteed money is accelerated for cap purposes.

Archived