Imagine this D with Abraham

redman81

As talented as he was he's always been a pussy to me. I remember the 2004 playoffs when Shaun Ellis willed his way onto the field with a bum ankle and played a big role in beating the Chargers and almost knocking off the Steelers. Meanwhile, John Abraham with a supposed knee injury was jumping around like a little kid.....on the bench.

Obviously you don't want to play injured, but I think Ellis was playing injured during that postseason. Abraham wouldn't even play HURT, let alone injured. When healthy and on the field he's a beast, and we could use him this season more than ever. However, I just don't think he's worth the pricetag attached to him.

I thought it was a groin injury for all these years. Did Abe have a groin injury earlier that year?

Forget JAbe, what about this defense with a healthy and primed Jenkins?

We're going to need pass rushers but we need an NT even more. Ngata is a huge reason for the Ravens continued success.

I don't think we missed a beat either last season or this one at Jenkins position. I think last year we actually were better against the run after his injury. We need a pure DE who gEnerates his own pass rush without schemes much more than a NT.

He just never seemed to be able to stay on the field as a Jet. Should I be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt? Maybe. Is it possible he was just injury prone? Sure. But when guys are getting hurt as often as he did, I tend to think they're a pussy. Sometimes you have to play through pain, and it never seemed like he was willing to do that.

i think this goes the same for his first couple of years at Atlanta. I remember discussions about what a great trade we made cause he didn't change!

Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2010 Atlanta Falcons 14 13 38 33 5 13.0 -- 4 1 6 6.0 6 0 2

2009 Atlanta Falcons 16 15 35 30 5 5.5 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2008 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 38 36 2 16.5 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 4

2007 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 32 31 1 10.0 -- 4 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 4

2006 Atlanta Falcons 8 7 18 15 3 4.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 4

2005 New York Jets 16 15 58 44 14 10.5 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 6

2004 New York Jets 12 12 48 33 15 9.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 3

2003 New York Jets 7 5 32 23 9 6.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2002 New York Jets 16 16 62 48 14 10.0 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2001 New York Jets 16 15 63 53 10 13.0 0 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 6

2000 New York Jets 6 0 -- -- -- 4.5 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 424 346 78 102.5 0 16 1 6 -- 6 0 32

actually had a crappy yr last year

Center's position a value is almost zilch compared to an edge rusher

Sarcasm. I hope?

Who needs a quality OL? After all, if it fails, your QB gets hurt, you can't pass and you can't run.

Yes, there's a value to an edge pass rusher, and we need to get one. But to fail to understand why Mangold is right now more valuable than Abraham is stupidity.Recall only Sunday Julius Peppers was neutralized by Wayne Hunter.Which is not to say that you should go looking for OL help off the street.

As above, Abraham is a 4-3 guy who was useless on run plays,and seemed to stay on the sidelines in playoff games. Somewhere between his stomach ache in Oakland and his jumping jack act on the sideline in Pittsburgh he showed himself to be a dick. If a player's coach like Herman Edwards thinks you jake it, you are a POS.

Sarcasm. I hope?

Who needs a quality OL? After all, if it fails, your QB gets hurt, you can't pass and you can't run.

Yes, there's a value to an edge pass rusher, and we need to get one. But to fail to understand why Mangold is right now more valuable than Abraham is stupidity.Recall only Sunday Julius Peppers was neutralized by Wayne Hunter.Which is not to say that you should go looking for OL help off the street.

As above, Abraham is a 4-3 guy who was useless on run plays,and seemed to stay on the sidelines in playoff games. Somewhere between his stomach ache in Oakland and his jumping jack act on the sideline in Pittsburgh he showed himself to be a dick. If a player's coach like Herman Edwards thinks you jake it, you are a POS.

Yes, pass rushers are paid a ton more and drafted higher every single year then interior lineman by people who do this for a living. That doen't tell you anything?

Yes, pass rushers are paid a ton more and drafted higher every single year then interior lineman by people who do this for a living. That doen't tell you anything?

yep. Not every member of the O-line is worth the same value. Saying OL> edge rusher is basically saying 5 guys > 1 guy. What exactly did that prove?

By far interior lineman are not as valuable. If they were, they'd be drafted higher/ paid more than an edge rusher.

Archived