METLIFE CENTRAL

BaumerJet

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't know the "9 receiver routes" from high school... lol

Odd #'s are to the outside Even to the inside of the field...

I need to stop obsessing for a bit I think...

1 - Quick Out. Run up the field about 5 yards, and then make a sharp cut out towards the sideline.

2 - Slant Route. Take 3 long steps forward then slant angled towards the center of the field.

3 - Deep Out. Run up the field about 10 yards, and then make a sharp cut out towards the sideline.

4 - In/Drag Route. Run up the field and then cut in toward the center of the field at a sharp angle.

5 - Flag Route. Run up the field about 6-10 yards, then break to the flag in the back of the end zone.

6 - Curl Route. Run up the field about 8-12 yards, then curl towards the QB, at a 45 degree angle.

7 - Post/Corner. Fake a deep Post, and then run towards the flag in the back of the end zone.

8 - Post Route. Run up the field about 8 yards; then break at an angle towards the middle of the field.

9 - Go Route. Run a straight sprint route off the line of scrimmage, as hard and as fast as you can.

For those who don't know the "9 receiver routes" from high school... lol3 - Deep Out. Run up the field about 10 yards, and then make a sharp cut out towards the sideline.

Ha. I forgot you were such a Penny fan! Ten yards is deep!

You need to know the rules first. Is there blocking? Are there first downs? How long for a first? Use a fast blitzer. Pressure is key on D and how you deal with it is the key to O. Practice snap counts so that you know if you can slow down the rush or if it will cause constant false starts to go on anything but "1". There probably won't be any blocking so running will be difficult. If the other team plays man, pick on the slow guy and run a lot of crossing routes. If they play zone, flood the zone and try to use an overload formation. You'd be surprised how many teams don't roll coverage. You can also put trips on one side and your speedster alone. That will force single on your #1 or get you 3 on 2. Post-wheel really is the best play, but I'm old so we call it post chair. The square out gives you a safety valve if the LB is adequately cover the wheel.

You need to know the rules first. Is there blocking? Are there first downs? How long for a first? Use a fast blitzer. Pressure is key on D and how you deal with it is the key to O. Practice snap counts so that you know if you can slow down the rush or if it will cause constant false starts to go on anything but "1". There probably won't be any blocking so running will be difficult. If the other team plays man, pick on the slow guy and run a lot of crossing routes. If they play zone, flood the zone and try to use an overload formation. You'd be surprised how many teams don't roll coverage. You can also put trips on one side and your speedster alone. That will force single on your #1 or get you 3 on 2. Post-wheel really is the best play, but I'm old so we call it post chair. The square out gives you a safety valve if the LB is adequately cover the wheel.

Ok you are starting!! or least hired !

Can you use motion... wow yeah we need to know a lot more...

Maybe Baumer can email them and see if there is a rule sheet or something...

I considered asking to play, but then I looked at my MRI report and surgical report on my right knee from a couple years ago, and realized I wouldn't be terribly useful!

You should review your posting history and reach the same conclusion regarding this website.

Ok you are starting!! or least hired !

I would have been first to join up, but I will be an 8 hour flight away until at least April. I can't wait until the "FIRE DOMINATOR!" threads start. He is holding back our high powered Phil, Tyson and Bruce receivers!

Can you use motion... wow yeah we need to know a lot more...

Maybe Baumer can email them and see if there is a rule sheet or something...

Usually you can use motion. I didn't generally like it. IF the rules are like Italy,which are based on some 5-on-5 military game, the QB can't run for a gain and the center actually snaps the ball and becomes a WR. He can't block. Motion is useful to see if the D follows or to get an overload for some advantage. Sometimes we'd motion to an RB position, snap the RB who then pitches to the QB. That way you get a QB that can run. It always felt cheap, but it was effective depending on the blitzer.

I would have been first to join up, but I will be an 8 hour flight away until at least April. I can't wait until the "FIRE DOMINATOR!" threads start. He is holding back our high powered Phil, Tyson and Bruce receivers!

Usually you can use motion. I didn't generally like it. IF the rules are like Italy,which are based on some 5-on-5 military game, the QB can't run for a gain and the center actually snaps the ball and becomes a WR. He can't block. Motion is useful to see if the D follows or to get an overload for some advantage. Sometimes we'd motion to an RB position, snap the RB who then pitches to the QB. That way you get a QB that can run. It always felt cheap, but it was effective depending on the blitzer.

That is very interesting.... I like it actually.

Me too, That's why I'm officially moving to the front line...

...Unless we decide to switch QB position...

I have given this much thought coach. And on every play, I should be placed in the position that has the least chance of actually touching the football, lol.

I did some throwing today just to see how I felt and I am confident with being QB if needed... My backpedal needed some work on d though so maybe not cb but lb or s... No matter what I am ready to go and fully expect to win this thing.

I have given this much thought coach. And on every play, I should be placed in the position that has the least chance of actually touching the football, lol.

We have our Left Guard!

Hey, it's better than playing "Left Out!"

This is the next game on the schedule. Since I have my offensive position now (LG, lol) I just worked out with a high school Center that happens to live in my house. Taught me some techniques. He complained that I was quick to hold but you have to test the water to see what you can get away with.

This is the next game on the schedule. Since I have my offensive position now (LG, lol) I just worked out with a high school Center that happens to live in my house. Taught me some techniques. He complained that I was quick to hold but you have to test the water to see what you can get away with.

It's a good thing you're in tip top condition. I fell sorry for the opponents.

It's a good thing you're in tip top condition. I fell sorry for the opponents.

You come over tomorrow and see if you can sack what is standing by me.

Wait that didn't sound right.

I am confident in my road grader ability.

disregard two prior messages that was tequila talking lol

:lol:

CAN'T WAIT!

I think I am going to be best used at LB/CB/S and QB/WR/C... I was actually unloading some nice passes yesterday messing around... with a college size football... LB would be fun just to rush the QB every play...

Sounds like Team Baumer is ready to roll. Next Saturday.

FoxJet, Baumer, myself, Tyson, Ecurb and Lupz27, do I have that right?

I know it is important to have a huge offensive line, but there's this little matter of throwing, catching and running also.

Archived