Jets Dime D package

Lupz27

When the Jets go to 6 DB's we know Revis, Cro, Pool,and hopefully Lowery, not Smith are the first 4, who has earned the right to be #3 and #4, cause the only way we win is for those 2 guys to play decent. I think its Cole and Wilson, what you guys think?

When the Jets go to 6 DB's we know Revis, Cro, Pool,and hopefully Lowery, not Smith are the first 4, who has earned the right to be #3 and #4, cause the only way we win is for those 2 guys to play decent. I think its Cole and Wilson, what you guys think?

I think you have to include Coleman in that argument. He's performed pretty admirably this year.

I'm all about rolling with the hot hand, and Cole has been on fire lately. So I'd probably give him some time out there. But I've seen Wilson make some plays too.

Drew Coleman has most definitely earned to be one of those guys. He's got 3 strip sacks on the year and seems to be our best CB at blitzing. 5 forced fumbles. 1 INT. He's been playing well.

Why are we hoping it's Lowery as #2 safety? I refuse to make any argument FOR Smith as safety, but I think Lowery was pitiful in the one game he started (Chicago). We gave up 30+ points to Cutler!

The only plus for Lowery is that he does seem able to pick the ball off more than Smith, I guess that's enough. But they're both trouble with a capital 'T'.

You left out Coleman. I would pick Wilson and Coleman. You would go with Cole over Coleman?

Why are we hoping it's Lowery as #2 safety? I refuse to make any argument FOR Smith as safety, but I think Lowery was pitiful in the one game he started (Chicago). We gave up 30+ points to Cutler!

The only plus for Lowery is that he does seem able to pick the ball off more than Smith, I guess that's enough. But they're both trouble with a capital 'T'.

You left out Coleman. I would pick Wilson and Coleman. You would go with Cole over Coleman?

Like everybody else Lowery looked good against the Bills. I think Lowery will look better against the Colts than Smith. He's bad against the run and it takes time to get the formations/spacing down. I think they will play more matchup with the CBs.

Like everybody else Lowery looked good against the Bills. I think Lowery will look better against the Colts than Smith. He's bad against the run and it takes time to get the formations/spacing down. I think they will play more matchup with the CBs.

I'm not putting much stake into what happened against the Bills but you are welcome to.

You bring up a good point and I agree: Lowery is more opportunistic, so probably a better pick against passing teams, Smith is more of a hybrid linebacker so probably a better pick against running teams.

I'm not putting much stake into what happened against the Bills but you are welcome to.

You bring up a good point and I agree: Lowery is more opportunistic, so probably a better pick against passing teams, Smith is more of a hybrid linebacker so probably a better pick against running teams.

Depends what you mean by "stake". I'm not crowning Lowery a star, but he looked comfortable and he wasn't the only guy looking sh*tty against the Bears. You can count Coleman in there too.

I would lean towards swapping them based on down and distance. Lowery as S with the nickel and dime. Maybe Smith on regular downs and certainly on shorter yardage. I would use Ihedigbo as the hybrid LB/S and might play him at LB assuming they are stopping the run. He's just as good on the blitz as most and better in coverage than our humungo LBs.

A lot of good points, what I would like to see is Lowery at safety on obvious passing downs and Smith or diggs on obvious shortyardage, or packages where the safety is called to blitz. Also I think Lowery is the best suited to cover Tamme so I would like him to match up with him, when we go cover 1 or cover zero.

I should have mentioned Coleman, he is our best blitzing corner, he should and will have a role there this week, but I think he is bad in coverage, JMO don't kill me I would rather see Cole, or Wilson get a shot at White.

But in all honesty this game might come down to can Cro, really step up and lock down, Garcon, I dont believe that this is a given.

I would rather see Lowry as the #2 safety vs Smith. Smith has been horrible all year. I think Lowery is getting the knack of playing safety, where I think the Jets should have played him all along. And he has a nose for the ball. I think Cole deserves the nickel spot. I have always liked this guy's potential. He made the game saving play against Pittsburg and was great last week. He deserves it. For the dime spot, I'd like to see Wilson. He is playing better. If either Cole or Wilson struggles, they can always substitute the more experienced Coleman. I do not want to see Smith on the field except for ST.

The Colts matchup favors the Jets in a big time way. Last year we had one shut down corner in Revis. Which left the other WR and 2 guys in the middle (Collie and Clark). This year we added another Shutdown corner in Cromartie a known Peyotn nemisis. Whats Peytons options this year when Garcon and Wayne are Locked down ?? With Collie and Clark out of comission his options are hes in big fu*king trouble.The Colts will either have to adapt or play into our hands.

The Colts have no other choice other than to Try and run the football on us early and play tough defense OR test our lock down corners. Peytons options are not what they were last year and our secondary on the outside is much better than last year. If Peyton had Clark and Collie I would be worried since they killed us last year but he does not and we will win this game and force Peyton into a lot of bad decisions. IMHO Joseph Addai could be the key to this game for the Colts and we must stop him/

The Colts matchup favors the Jets in a big time way. Last year we had one shut down corner in Revis. Which left the other WR and 2 guys in the middle (Collie and Clark). This year we added another Shutdown corner in Cromartie a known Peyotn nemisis. Whats Peytons options this year when Garcon and Wayne are Locked down ?? With Collie and Clark out of comission his options are hes in big fu*king trouble.The Colts will either have to adapt or play into our hands.

The Colts have no other choice other than to Try and run the football on us early and play tough defense OR test our lock down corners. Peytons options are not what they were last year and our secondary on the outside is much better than last year. If Peyton had Clark and Collie I would be worried since they killed us last year but he does not and we will win this game and force Peyton into a lot of bad decisions. IMHO Joseph Addai could be the key to this game for the Colts and we must stop him/

I agree. It really is a very different scenario than the Championship game last year and it greatly favors the Jets. And I really don't think the Colts can do much on the ground vs the Jets. But, that being said, he is still Peyton Manning. He can make any receiver look good. I think the Jets just need to get enough pass rush pressure to make him a little uncomfortable. I hope to see more Harris and Scott coming up the middle. Manning is deadly when he can really step in to his throw. And he is less effective if you force him to roll out. I am also expecting Pace (looked good last week - maybe his foot is better?)and Taylor (this is his last chance for a championship) to step up.

Coleman & Lowery. However, the other guys do have more speed and that maybe a trick Rex will be looking at to switch up the defensive look to Manning. In any event we need to pressure this guy.

Coleman & Lowery. However, the other guys do have more speed and that maybe a trick Rex will be looking at to switch up the defensive look to Manning. In any event we need to pressure this guy.

IMO Coleman is horrible in coverage. Everytime I see a big third down given up I usually hear it followed by Coleman or Smith on the coverage. He has made some big plays on the blitz which is nice, but right now after last couple games I feel more comfortable with Lowery and Pool at safety and Cole and Wilson coming in. Def glad there is no Clark and Collie on the field this time around.

Not the popular choice, but Isaiah Trufant played well on Sunday...he is tiny, but very quick and he plays with heart...with that said

revis - cro - pool - lowery - cole - coleman

i dont trust wilson yet and i would much rather see eric smith focus on special teams :D

Archived