JETS Pep Rally in Times Square today 1/20

HT2112

Trying to persuade Max to go.. he's Iffy.. I'll be there.. anyone else going??

Times Square will be ablaze in green and white tonight as diehard Jets fans gather with team legends and city officials to send Gang Green off to the AFC Championship game in true New York style.

Sunday's match-up against the Pittsburgh Steelers marks the Jets' second trip to a title game in two years – but only their second trip since 1998. With a win, the team goes to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 1968 season.

Here are the details:

WHAT: Jets AFC Championship Game Playoff Rally

WHEN: Thursday, January 20, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

WHERE: Times Square (Broadway between 42nd and 43rd Streets)

WHO: Owner Woody Johnson, GM Mike Tannenbaum, Fireman Ed, Jets Flight Crew, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonhard and Jets Alumni TBA, Mayor Michael Bloomberg

WHY: AFC Championship game, BABY! (Plus they'll be handing out Jets playoff rally towels and foam fingers and one lucky fan will win a trip for two to see the bloodfest in Pittsburgh, courtesy of JetBlue and PrimeSport)

Except New Jersey fuckin' sucks. and NYC is world class and our name is the NEW YORK JETS

Well, those are all good points. If I can think of another reason why it should be in NJ, besides convenient for me, I will post it, lol.

Well, those are all good points. If I can think of another reason why it should be in NJ, besides convenient for me, I will post it, lol.

you get the convenience all season goin to the stadium as opposed to the multiple trains and bus bs I have to go thru to get there.. so suck it up and come Eastbound for a change... don't wuss out :P

ok so I tried my hardest and most persuasive techniques to get Max to go but he won't budge :P

so DLJ if you are serious we can meet up.. I'm getting to Grand central about 345 to meet up with another Jet guy and grab a drink or 2 before catching a shuttle over to the rally.. message me here and we can exchange cell numbers.. I am leaving in an hr

Max, are you at all concerned that the profanity filter still appears to be fuckin broken? lol.

I was not aware that it was broken. I am sure I have been told 50 times though! I will take a look at it.

I can't wait until the Jets win the Super Bowl. They are getting in the way of all our offseason site enhancements, lol!!!

ok so I tried my hardest and most persuasive techniques to get Max to go but he won't budge :P

so DLJ if you are serious we can meet up.. I'm getting to Grand central about 345 to meet up with another Jet guy and grab a drink or 2 before catching a shuttle over to the rally.. message me here and we can exchange cell numbers.. I am leaving in an hr

Have fun, it should be a blast.

Working in NJ makes getting to stuff like that a pain. I will be at the Super Bowl rally though!

Trying to persuade Max to go.. he's Iffy.. I'll be there.. anyone else going??

Times Square will be ablaze in green and white tonight as diehard Jets fans gather with team legends and city officials to send Gang Green off to the AFC Championship game in true New York style.

Sunday's match-up against the Pittsburgh Steelers marks the Jets' second trip to a title game in two years – but only their second trip since 1998. With a win, the team goes to the Super Bowl for the first time since the 1968 season.

Here are the details:

WHAT: Jets AFC Championship Game Playoff Rally

WHEN: Thursday, January 20, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

WHERE: Times Square (Broadway between 42nd and 43rd Streets)

WHO: Owner Woody Johnson, GM Mike Tannenbaum, Fireman Ed, Jets Flight Crew, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonhard and Jets Alumni TBA, Mayor Michael Bloomberg

WHY: AFC Championship game, BABY! (Plus they'll be handing out Jets playoff rally towels and foam fingers and one lucky fan will win a trip for two to see the bloodfest in Pittsburgh, courtesy of JetBlue and PrimeSport)

Thirty blocks from my apt. how can I NOT go?

had a great time!!! Lots of crazy fanatics!

I was interviewed for Newsday... not sure what quote she ended up using... be fun to see my name in print though.. :rolleyes:

Hope all that positive energy we generated makes it to Pitt

with the amount of Jets fans heading out to Pitt I am sure there will be a ton of energy

Archived