My AFC Championship Dilemma

The Gun Of Bavaria

Great News.

Old Man Winter has helped my cause and the Ex just emailed me to ask if we could move the exchange time up, since the roads on that side of the state are traditionally a mess.

I will be able to pick up my little girl and be back in time for a little pre-game to boot.

Now, let's hope it's all worth it. LOL

Awesome! now dont break anything!

Great News.

Old Man Winter has helped my cause and the Ex just emailed me to ask if we could move the exchange time up, since the roads on that side of the state are traditionally a mess.

I will be able to pick up my little girl and be back in time for a little pre-game to boot.

Now, let's hope it's all worth it. LOL

awesome, GOB. Not put that kid to work. tell her she better have the wings done by half time, not a minute after. Also, beer is to be served in a frosted mug at all times. Win, win.

J/K, it's awesome you'll be able to share a moment in Jets history with your little one. Good deal.

Spoken like someone who has never had to share custody of his kids. It's not easy.

He meant it'd never get to that point in the first place, which is good because it's better that kids grow up with both parents in a stable family.

NY a few months ago became the last state in the US to adopt No-Fault divorce. What does that mean? Divorce rates will now shoot through the roof. Good going state legislature!

They also came up with some stupid new alimony and child support formulas that don't take into account the fact that people pay taxes on income or have expenses. So now not only are the chances that your marriage is going to fail pretty high, for some reason the state thinks the higher earning spouse should be further punished until they are on the street and homeless. So I guess the lesson is make less than your spouse and profit?

So here's the deal:

My daughter lives with me full-time and sees her mom on alternating weekends. This is one of those weekends and I pick her up from her mom at 7 PM tomorrow. It's an hour away, so I have to leave the house at 6 and probably won't be home until at lease 8:15.

Do I ?:

A) Listen to the game on my Sirius & watch the remainder when I get home.

or

B) DVR the game & post-game, turn off my cell phone, & watch the game from the start off the DVR, which after I get the kids to bed, will be 9 pm.

Call the Ex and explain that you have to pick up your daughter at 4 today. Even ex wives have to understand what Jets fan hubby's have gone through with all of this. Beg if you have to. This is too imortant!!!

RADIO - TV and here's why.

I've tried the latter (DVR), and it sucks. You don't get the same feel for the game. You zip through commercials, and you lose a lot of the drama. Even if you don't, you KNOW in the back of your head, this isn't live, and you lose some of the "feel." Also, with the kids and bed, you lose the element of "screaming and yelling."

Maybe the woman can pick her by you? Of course, that would involve negotiating with a woman.. that's not working. Forget I said it.

Archived