Hey It Was A Great Season

SoFlaJets

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the clock aspect but EY you will never convince me Pitt put up a goose egg by design. Especially when the Jets began their comeback. Another Pitt TD in the 3rd qtr truly seals that game instead of "waiting" as you say.

Didn't say they put up a goose egg by design. I said that they had the clock on their side. So, the Jets needed to beat PIT and the clock. They needed to do this to the tune of 22-0 in 30 minutes. The Pittsburgh Steelers are a good football team, a 22-0 half is an incredibly hard thing to do against them. They get paid too.

I was going to start a thread with the same title after I got back in from walking the bowser dog - so thanks Jimmy.

We're a little ways away from being elite on D and our O should be close to elite next year if we can get a new OC and maintain most of our core. What a great 2nd season for Rex, Sanchez, and the whole franchise and fan base. It was just over 3 years ago when we were closing out the season with The Mangenius, The perennial comeback player of the year for a QB, and not a thimble full of realistic hope. What a great season - but better yet - what great immediate future we're looking at. Can't wait till mini's.

No, I'm not grasping at straws. You simply have made up your mind, so there's nothing anyone can say to you.

Pittsburgh put up a dominant performance in the 1st half, allowed only 1 big play, made stops when they needed to, and got 1st downs when they needed to.

Pittsburgh didn't need to be better by a lot. They needed to be better by just enough to win. They were. They ran out the clock, and did enough to hold their 21 point lead. The Jets played better than them in the 2nd half, but the damage was done and we couldn't do enough to get out of the hole we were in.

We didn't have a lead for 1 second of this game, and after going down 10-0, we were only within 1 score for enough time for them to run out the clock. But, that's all Schotty's fault too... "if only he didn't call that one reverse, we'd have won. If only we got a TD on 3rd or 4th and goal, I know we would have stopped them, even though we couldn't when we had the chance later, and then gotten the ball back and scored. I just know it".

Stop it. Really. Stop it.

I sort of agree with most of what you wrote. I'm just saying that it's impossible to say a team that was outscored 16-0 in the 2nd half playede a complete game. They were better than us on the night, but like I said it was pretty close in the end.

Also, that last paragraph is garbage. You acknowledge that we're fighting the clock so tell me, why the **** are we wasting as much time as we are driving down the field? The two long drives, the should have been TD, and TD consumed most of the 4th. We killed ourselves.

We had to outscore Pittsburgh 22-0 like you said. The offense is very much to blame for that as well as our pathetic defensive showing. In what world is accounting for -4 points good enough?

I sort of agree with most of what you wrote. I'm just saying that it's impossible to say a team that was outscored 16-0 in the 2nd half playede a complete game. They were better than us on the night, but like I said it was pretty close in the end.

Also, that last paragraph is garbage. You acknowledge that we're fighting the clock so tell me, why the **** are we wasting as much time as we are driving down the field? The two long drives, the should have been TD, and TD consumed most of the 4th. We killed ourselves.

We had to outscore Pittsburgh 22-0 like you said. The offense is very much to blame for that as well as our pathetic defensive showing. In what world is accounting for -4 points good enough?

Who said the offense was 'good enough'? My entire point is that the whole team wasn't good enough. But, it wasn't all the offensive coordinators fault and the Steelers came out and played well.

No one was bitching and moaning about Schotty last week, or the week before. Methinks he's just the easy answer.

Who said the offense was 'good enough'? My entire point is that the whole team wasn't good enough. But, it wasn't all the offensive coordinators fault and the Steelers came out and played well.

No one was bitching and moaning about Schotty last week, or the week before. Methinks he's just the easy answer.

I was bitching about Schotty last week, the week before, the year before etc. The man is a ******* clown.

And I'm not saying it's all his fault either, however you seem to think that -4 points in the first half is something that isn't short of a ****ing disgrace.

I was bitching about Schotty last week, the week before, the year before etc. The man is a ******* clown.

And I'm not saying it's all his fault either, however you seem to think that -4 points in the first half is something that isn't short of a ****ing disgrace.

No. I'm putting some accountability on the 11 guys on the field. And not acting like this is a game of Madden where the guy picking the plays is the only one that matters.

No. I'm putting some accountability on the 11 guys on the field. And not acting like this is a game of Madden where the guy picking the plays is the only one that matters.

I just think the 11 were put in bad positions. On offense that is. On defense they were awful.

Sanchez in particular. When we started using playaction on 1st down in the second half things opened up for him, it's not a coincidence. I think we're just far too predictable and you can't afford to do that against the Steelers, they'll eat you alive like they did in the 1st. I really don't think that, player for player, they are THAT much better than us. There were chances for plays all night IMO. I really want to see him with a Norv Turner like OC, I genuinely think Sanchez will be an elite clutch QB down the road.

It's 4 in the morning. I'm tired and heartbroken. Am away to bed.

Great season, I know it feels bad, but we did take a step this year. Beating the Pats n the playoffs, or "slaughtering the pig" was a big deal for this team and I suspect there was some understandable let down in the first half due to it. Once again however this team, and our young QB, showed a lot of grit and never say die attitude and fought it's way back to make a bit of a game out it.

I think there's a lot to build on here, particularly the QB, can't say enough good about him. As awful as he's capable of looking at times, he can look that good at times as well. He continually shows up in pressure situations and should become more consistant as he gets more experiance. To me, it's all about him. Once again, we have two top 5 QB's facing off in SB, and if Sanchez can continue to develop we'll have plenty more shots at this thing in the future..

I can't see how you kill schotty, the team was flat in the first half. Couldn't run, couldn't tackle, sanchez again looked terrible. Rex must of lit into them good at half time cause the missed tackles went away and the offense started playing with neccesary urgency.

Great season, I know it feels bad, but we did take a step this year. Beating the Pats n the playoffs, or "slaughtering the pig" was a big deal for this team and I suspect there was some understandable let down in the first half due to it. Once again however this team, and our young QB, showed a lot of grit and never say die attitude and fought it's way back to make a bit of a game out it.

I think there's a lot to build on here, particularly the QB, can't say enough good about him. As awful as he's capable of looking at times, he can look that good at times as well. He continually shows up in pressure situations and should become more consistant as he gets more experiance. To me, it's all about him. Once again, we have two top 5 QB's facing off in SB, and if Sanchez can continue to develop we'll have plenty more shots at this thing in the future..

Spot on. Pretty much perfect post.

I can't see how you kill schotty, the team was flat in the first half. Couldn't run, couldn't tackle, sanchez again looked terrible.

Completely unprepared on both sides of the ball to start. Like really? You weren't ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers to run the ball and blitz a lot? They've only been doing it for 50 years. What exactly did they plan for?

Completely unprepared on both sides of the ball to start. Like really? You weren't ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers to run the ball and blitz a lot? They've only been doing it for 50 years. What exactly did they plan for?

Those 15 scripted plays as always worked a ******* treat.

My opinion all week was we were looking at an emotional letdown coming in, I'm sticking with that. Last week got a huge monkey off our back.

The one thign I will absolutely kill schotty for was the freaken pass on 3rd and goal from the 2. I thought i was going to have an aneurysm from the pressure in my head i was so livid

My opinion all week was we were looking at an emotional letdown coming in, I'm sticking with that. Last week got a huge monkey off our back.

The one thign I will absolutely kill schotty for was the freaken pass on 3rd and goal from the 2. I thought i was going to have an aneurysm from the pressure in my head i was so livid

Oh hey look, they're stacking 50 guys in the middle, let's throw an immediate slant with no checkoff right over the middle.

**** U

Sorry, I normally like you DLJ, but this is beyond the usual knee jerk reaction stuff.

We are a good team and will still be a good team when the NFL returns (Whenever that is). Ryan is already one of the best coaches we have ever had and we've been a final 4 team two seasons in a row with him. We're getting there. Patience.

I think that this is the most astute post. You are playing in the AFC Championship and you come out like that? What more incentive do you need to come out and play hard and smart? Then you dilly dally around with huddles and snapping the ball with 3 seconds on the play clock when you are 2 scores down in the final quarter? Not to mention making a complete mess of first and goal from the 2. That cost us the game. Talking is great if you back it up......but telling everyone how great you are, how you have your players back and what a great game your OC called with this result is unacceptable. 2 consecutive years of failing on the big stage. Will anyone be held accountable for this failure? it doesn't sound like it. next year, when you lose in the division round.....what do you say then?

Sorry, I normally like you DLJ, but this is beyond the usual knee jerk reaction stuff.

We are a good team and will still be a good team when the NFL returns (Whenever that is). Ryan is already one of the best coaches we have ever had and we've been a final 4 team two seasons in a row with him. We're getting there. Patience.

Im sorry IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

WE DID ABSOLUTELY NADA in the first 30 minutes. How do you expect to win a FOOTBALL game when you sleepwalk thru the 1st half. Granted we were down by a TD with time left and the DEFENSE COULDNT GET 1 STOP on the last play? The game was winnable, we sh*t the bed! IM ANGRY. This was the sickest JETS team ever and we sh*t the bed AGAIN. Let's just say Im tired of the "next yr" sh*t.

U dont live in NYC, you dont have to deal with the a$$hole GIANTS/Steelers fans and the upcoming media sh*t storm

WE DID ABSOLUTELY NADA in the first 30 minutes. How do you expect to win a FOOTBALL game when you sleepwalk thru the 1st half. Granted we were down by a TD with time left and the DEFENSE COULDNT GET 1 STOP on the last play? The game was winnable, we sh*t the bed! IM ANGRY. This was the sickest JETS team ever and we sh*t the bed AGAIN. Let's just say Im tired of the sh*t.

I'm absolutely sick, I'm pretty sure we all are. This feels worse than Doug Brien because I genuinely thought we'd win this one.

The thing is though. Sanchez looked ******* clutch. Again. He is going to be special. We still have Tanny and we still have Rex. I have faith that we'll win one soon. A lot of good came out of this season IMO.

I can't see how you kill schotty, the team was flat in the first half. Couldn't run, couldn't tackle, sanchez again looked terrible. Rex must of lit into them good at half time cause the missed tackles went away and the offense started playing with neccesary urgency.

My biggest issue with Schotty is his continued inability to get plays into Sanchez quickly in crunch time. How many times this year have we seen Sanchez screaming at the sideline to get him a play while Schotty fumbles with his playbook?

This is something that absolutely needs to be addressed.

WE DID ABSOLUTELY NADA in the first 30 minutes. How do you expect to win a FOOTBALL game when you sleepwalk thru the 1st half. Granted we were down by a TD with time left and the DEFENSE COULDNT GET 1 STOP on the last play? The game was winnable, we sh*t the bed! IM ANGRY. This was the sickest JETS team ever and we sh*t the bed AGAIN. Let's just say Im tired of the "next yr" sh*t.

U dont live in NYC, you dont have to deal with the a$$hole GIANTS/Steelers fans and the upcoming media sh*t storm

Tell the Giants fans to go **** themselves and choke off another season. Football is a what have you done for me lately business and lately the Giants have been the NFL's biggest choke artists.

As far as the Steeler fans in NY? Ask them if they've ever been to Pittsburgh and then kick them in the nuts. Why would a Jets fan give a crap about what some weak-willed, spineless pussy of a bandwagon jumping faggot would say?

I watch football for two reasons. One: I love the game and I love my Jets. Two: for the enjoyment it brings me. This year the Jets won 13 games and lost 6-I had more than twice as many good weeks of football than bad. I'm way ahead.

Beating NE had to be the highlight of the season.

This and this.

As much as I give Sanchez sh*t, he won me over in this postseason. He's got a knack for stepping up in the big time. And though he was pretty awful to start the half, I was very impressed with his 2nd half performance. He's a gamer...no doubt. Dont know if he'll ever be elite in terms of talent, but he might be in terms of leadership, resilience and making the big play when you need it most.

Dont see how anyone could question the coaching staff after this post season run. People calling for Schotty to be fired are moronic, no offense to you all. You dont fire a OC who just took you to 2 straight AFCCG with a young inexperienced QB. Especially when you factor into who he's beat on the road, Palmer, Rivers, Manning, Brady. You dont knock a CS for what happened yesterday. If anything, you praise them for going into the half and collectively pulling all our players heads out of their asses.

Sorry, but you keep everyone here for another run next season. What needs to happen is a youth movement in our front 7. That was a group of worn down old men out there trying to make plays and they just couldnt. Its too much to ask of an aging front 7 to go on the road and beat, Manning, Brady and Big Ben.

Beating NE had to be the highlight of the season.

there were a lot of joyful moments for me bro-I chose to look at those instead of doing what others are doing. I think it has something to do with what kind of person you are-glass half empty or full. The only thing that I can equate this to was one night when I was like 20 I was hanging out with this really beautiful girl with a smoking body and she finally said OK to taking off her clothes and then when we were both naked she said she just wanted to snuggle

there were a lot of joyful moments for me bro-I chose to look at those instead of doing what others are doing. I think it has something to do with what kind of person you are-glass half empty or full. The only thing that I can equate this to was one night when I was like 20 I was hanging out with this really beautiful girl with a smoking body and she finally said OK to taking off her clothes and then when we were both naked she said she just wanted to snuggle

Yeah, snuggling is closer the prize than not getting there at all.

Archived