More Valuable & Complete Player Edwards or Holmes?

MTJ06

NFL Free Agent Tracker

WR

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team

WR Miles Austin Re-signed Dallas Cowboys Dallas Cowboys

WR Hank Baskett UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent

WR Steve Breaston UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent

WR Plaxico Burress UFA Free Agent Free Agent

WR Brian Clark RFA Detroit Lions Free Agent

WR Mark Clayton UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent

WR David Clowney UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent

WR Laveranues Coles UFA New York Jets Free Agent

WR Kevin Curtis UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

WR Braylon Edwards UFA New York Jets Free Agent

WR Brian Finneran UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent

WR Malcom Floyd UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

WR Edward Gant Signed Free Agent Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WR Derek Hagan UFA New York Giants Free Agent

WR Marques Hagans UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent

WR Johnnie Lee Higgins UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent

WR Jason Hill UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent

WR Santonio Holmes UFA New York Jets Free Agent

WR Vincent Jackson UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

WR Dwayne Jarrett UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent

WR Jacoby Jones UFA Houston Texans Free Agent

WR Jamal Jones UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent

WR James Jones UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent

WR Mark Jones UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent

WR Onrea Jones Signed Arizona Cardinals Chicago Bears

WR Greg Lewis UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent

WR Lance Long Re-signed San Francisco 49ers San Francisco 49ers

WR Randy Moss UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent

WR Sinorice Moss Signed New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles

WR Legedu Naanee UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent

WR Terrell Owens UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent

WR Sidney Rice UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent

WR Laurent Robinson UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent

WR Ryne Robinson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent

WR Mike Sims-Walker UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent

WR Steve E. Smith UFA New York Giants Free Agent

WR Brandon Stokley UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent

WR Chansi Stuckey UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent

WR Limas Sweed UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent

WR Devin Thomas UFA New York Giants Free Agent

WR Patrick Turner UFA New York Jets Free Agent

WR Javon Walker UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent

WR Demetrius Williams UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent

WR Isaiah Williams Re-signed Arizona Cardinals Arizona Cardinals

WR Mike X. Williams Re-signed Seattle Seahawks Seattle Seahawks

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2011#ixzz1C59DiQWQ

Some pretty good names on the list, might keep the price tags down a bit. We think we have decisions to make, San Diego's top 3 wrs are all free agents.

Which ever one isn't signed is going to New England. You can bank on it. They need to sign both.

Why?

Whichever one we decide not to sign will inevitably end up in NE

I don't care. I don't give a sh*t if they both go there. **** them. They can't pay or play everybody.

Ouch...wasn't joking. Holy crap have I fallen off a cliff here.

I've thought of Stuckey too...I think he can still be a decent slot guy in this league...maybe if the Raiders let that Higgins guy go...the guy I'm thinking of is a draft prospect from East Carolina named Dwayne Harris...I think he's the Mike Wallace of the '11 draft.

Steve Smith from the Giants would be sweet, but he'd probably be very expensive and injured.

Edwards came from a pretty awful situation and adores Rex. The dude has an absurd amount of dough already from his rookie deal, I really believe that he's going to tell his agent to do whatever he has to do to keep him on this team. The couple interviews last week where he spoke about the entire organization having his back after the DUI...I just can't see him walking so easily after hearing the love he has for this team and his coach right now. Yeah it may be the homer in me, but he was miserable in Cleveland and a good amount of the league is envious of who he plays for, and he's definitely aware of this.

I'd chose Edwards and, thus I agree with you and Bleedin.

Edwards has said and done some telling things the last few days. First, after the loss Edwards said he wants to be back but won't play for a "pittance" (his word). I take that to mean he's willing to give the Jets a "home town discount" but won't be lowballed.

Second, Braylon and Sanchez partied in a Chelsea club late Sunday night/early Monday morning. They were both drinking (spent a coupld of grand on liquor), Sanchez was hitting on the busty South American bartender (yes, it was a chick) and Edwards did the following:

Even though he is a free agent and may not be brought back, Edwards was bullish about the team. He went to the DJ booth, grabbed the microphone and told the crowd -- which included actor Greg Bello, Knicks star Roger Mason and model Tyson Beckford -- that "the Jets will be back next season and will go all the way to the Super Bowl."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-stars-mark-sanchez-braylon-edwards-party-like-champs-after-loss-012511

Add me to the list that wants both to stay...we'll see how important the cash split is and whether Braylon or Santonio is willing to concede some cash to stay and play for Rex...definitely puts us ahead of the curve if the accountatnt can make em both happy.

Edwards is the more complete player, and it's not even close.

IMO, that makes him more valuable as well.

What makes Edwards more "complete"? He's taller, a better blocker and a better leaper.

Holmes is a better deep threat, a better short threat and a better runner with the ball in his hands and those things (except maybe deep threat) aren't even close. Holmes also has value as a return man.

I expect to see Edwards, and Plax on the Jets next season. Holmes is a flake with 10 drops. He is also one pot puff from a year off.

He said toward the end of the season that what he does off the field is no one’s business. Aaaaa if would read his contract he would find out it is the NFL’s business.

Edwards by far

What makes Edwards more "complete"? He's taller, a better blocker and a better leaper.

Holmes is a better deep threat, a better short threat and a better runner with the ball in his hands and those things (except maybe deep threat) aren't even close. Holmes also has value as a return man.

IMO, better does not make one more complete.

I hope we don't need his value as a return man, he's too reckless for my liking. He carries the ball with one hand and fumbles.

While Edwards may not be better in the categories you mentioned, he does them and more. (except returning) He also seemed to drop the ball less.

Holmes basically comes right out and says there are things he's not willing to do, Edwards seems willing to do anything.

IMO, better does not make one more complete.

I hope we don't need his value as a return man, he's too reckless for my liking. He carries the ball with one hand and fumbles.

While Edwards may not be better in the categories you mentioned, he does them and more. (except returning) He also seemed to drop the ball less.

Holmes basically comes right out and says there are things he's not willing to do, Edwards seems willing to do anything.

What success in the short game has Edwards ever shown? He's caught a couple of slants, but otherwise he does very little short and his route running has been retty poor.

I repeat my question, what makes Edwards complete? That he blocks?

I actually prefer Edwards because I agree that Holmes seems less trustworthy and a worse teammate, but I don't think that makes him more "complete". Edwards also has been making more tough catches, taking hits and showing more effort. Holmes seems better suited to run the different routes and play the different spots x,y and z. Edwards is a wideout and that's it, he's not adding anythng in the slot.

Yeah like the other teams punter is to good and kicking the ball to far I cant return it 94 yards so take me off punts!

I don't buy it, I'd take Edwards over Holmes every time. Not that Holmes isn't a very good player and doesn't have some things he does better than Edwards, but I just personally believe there's a lot of things Edwards does better. For starters, just from a physical standpoint Edwards is a much bigger target with far superior ability to go up and get the ball. Edwards is 10 times the blocker Holmes is. At the very least for the 2010 season, Edwards was a far more reliable pass-catcher than Holmes.

Now don't get me wrong, Holmes is certainly quicker than Edwards and has a greater ability to take those short underneath throws the distance, and the guy has unbelievable body control, but for all of the criticism Edwards has gotten for it in the past, Holmes is the one who comes across as much more inconsistent to me of the two. Bottom line, they bring very different skill sets to the table and the Jets should do all they can to bring both back, considering as of right now the most important player on the New York Jets roster is Mark Sanchez. However, if that's not an option, in my opinion Edwards has the leg up and has the more difficult skill set to replace.

Spot on, IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

What success in the short game has Edwards ever shown? He's caught a couple of slants, but otherwise he does very little short and his route running has been retty poor.

I repeat my question, what makes Edwards complete? That he blocks?

I actually prefer Edwards because I agree that Holmes seems less trustworthy and a worse teammate, but I don't think that makes him more "complete". Edwards also has been making more tough catches, taking hits and showing more effort. Holmes seems better suited to run the different routes and play the different spots x,y and z. Edwards is a wideout and that's it, he's not adding anythng in the slot.

I think the better teammate and trustworthiness goes into why I feel he's more complete, as well his willingness to do more like be an excellent blocker.

I also think he could be used in the short game and on slot routes if it was needed.

Holmes is the better option there, makes sense that they went to him in those situations.

Edwards already claims he's not playing for a bargain, an he is an a$$. Holmes to me is not a team player. Great wr, but not worth the money. If I had to choose between the two, probably edwards for his size.

I'd love to know where you heard this. Cause without a link it's just another person trying to make a random guess. Especially considering what BE has said himself when asked about free agency. Based on his interviews the guy honestly sounds like he wants to be here more than any of the other FA's. Edwards comes off like a guy who is absolutely TERRIFIED of playing on another team because he does not want to be on a losing team again. Cleveland seemed to really scare the schitt out of the man and I doubt he plans on putting himself in that situation for a little extra $$$.

As far as Holmes is concerned, loyalty means squat to the guy IMHO. He's been quoted saying he never planned on remaining in Pitt because he knew he could get big bucks somewhere else. He was drafted by Pitt, won a Super Bowl with them and was named the MVP of that game....and instead he chooses to chase the dollars? Idk man Holmes as great as he is scares the crap out of me.

What a horrible year to have to deal with both contracts.

I think it's a tough call. Holmes won us a few games this year, but Edwards probably adds more to the entire offense. I personally like Edwards as a Jet better than holmes. I feel like Edwards has completely bought into Rex and the team. I have no basis to think Holmes really cares all that much.

At this point I would have to say Holmes is not a team first guy, but he is smart enough to play the angles and present an image that he is. I have no factual evidence (aka links) to back this up, but I just feel this way.

I think Edwards is at this point a real team first guy. He is becoming something of a leader on this team.

If forced to choose one at gunpoint, I would go with BE, but not by much. Both are excellent receivers.

I'd love to know where you heard this. Cause without a link it's just another person trying to make a random guess. Especially considering what BE has said himself when asked about free agency. Based on his interviews the guy honestly sounds like he wants to be here more than any of the other FA's. Edwards comes off like a guy who is absolutely TERRIFIED of playing on another team because he does not want to be on a losing team again. Cleveland seemed to really scare the schitt out of the man and I doubt he plans on putting himself in that situation for a little extra $$$.

As far as Holmes is concerned, loyalty means squat to the guy IMHO. He's been quoted saying he never planned on remaining in Pitt because he knew he could get big bucks somewhere else. He was drafted by Pitt, won a Super Bowl with them and was named the MVP of that game....and instead he chooses to chase the dollars? Idk man Holmes as great as he is scares the crap out of me.

The guy was forced to play for the Steelers. HE won a super bowl FOR them. HE won the MVP FOR them. Why the **** shouldn't he chase the dollars? The guy is from Florida and went to Ohio State. Do you really think he'd have gone to Pittsburgh if he had any choice? Hell, he probably only went to Ohio State because they paid him the most. Besides, what kind of ******* loyalty did the Steelers show him? They shipped him out for a 5th rather than even try to work out a deal with the guy that won them a super bowl.

When I started to read about Braylon taking reps with the scout squad late in the year to help out his team that is when he became a Jet. Braylon is a huge target, has been consistent all year, and is an underrated blocker. Santonio is fairly inconsistent with his drops and fumbles and for some reason I just think he is going to the highest bidder. Holmes used NY for what it is worth, portrayed himself well in the media, but will be out of here.

Archived