future?

AVM

hey guys, jets fan for 6 years(im 18 lol), and im wondering how we turn this thing around the best. We need insurance on pennington(maybe rivers from san diego for a 2nd rounder? or draft vince young?), a rb to take martins place(reggie bush?), another Defensive lineman to replace ferguson from last year, which the front office should have done anyways, and a LOT of help on the offensive line

oh yeah...and our recievers need to actually catch the ball lol

so guys..how do start the rebuilding process?

hey guys, jets fan for 6 years(im 18 lol), and im wondering how we turn this thing around the best. We need insurance on pennington(maybe rivers from san diego for a 2nd rounder? or draft vince young?), a rb to take martins place(reggie bush?), another Defensive lineman to replace ferguson from last year, which the front office should have done anyways, and a LOT of help on the offensive line

oh yeah...and our recievers need to actually catch the ball lol

so guys..how do start the rebuilding process?

HEY....welcome to the site. Hopefully the rebuilding starts with the guys in your username. If they keep Abe, Vilma keep progressing and Miller turns out to be good that will be a good start.

Oh and you are right...a new QB and RB wouldn't hurt either!

When things go bad, you have to find out why they went bad.

First, and foremost, the Jets need to look at the philosophy of their organization, and then teh philosophy of teh team.

Right now, they have contrasting philosophies, or at least they are seemingly contrasting, based upon how we see this team being built.

It appears that the GM and the Head Coach are not on the same page. They seem to pick different players than their current "flavor of the year" scheme.

It never seems to mesh.

For that, you lay the blame both the HC and the GM. Both have had teh chance to figure it out, both haven't, both can't seem to play well with others, both are gone.

Then you start building with a GM that will ascribe to a course for your team.

That is building block 1.

Let's start there

i love the idea of getting rid of TB...esp with this last year...he has done a HORRIBLE job of drafting, resigning, and getting FA's...he got lucky with vilma and miller and found two gems...i think its more important to get rid of him than it is to get rid of herm

i think this isnt going to be popular in this forum...but i happen to like herm...lol...hes made some bad decisions now, ill admit that...but hes always been able to rally our team together to pull something off...until this year :(

but hes always been able to rally our team together to pull something off...until this year :(

You mean like last season when we lost 3 of our final 4 down the stretch en route to "backing in" to the playoffs, followed by an early exit, due almost entirely to poor coaching?

Or like when we got stomped twice by the Raiders in the playoffs?

Or like when we limped to a 6-10 finish in '03?

Herm Edwards is a mediocre coach. Nothing more, nothing less. Bradway AND Herm must go.

i love the idea of getting rid of TB...esp with this last year...he has done a HORRIBLE job of drafting, resigning, and getting FA's...he got lucky with vilma and miller and found two gems...i think its more important to get rid of him than it is to get rid of herm

i think this isnt going to be popular in this forum...but i happen to like herm...lol...hes made some bad decisions now, ill admit that...but hes always been able to rally our team together to pull something off...until this year :(

Name a currently successful franchise-You can understand see what the philosophy of their organization is:

Philadelphia Eagles-Agressive and will sacrifice veteran leadership for youth and trust their own drafting capabilities.

New England Patriots-Look for smart versatile players that will fit into teh team concept and will be coachable.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Hard nosed players that will be smart and physical.

Ny Jets-??? Well we want to be vertical in teh passing game, but we don't have the personnel to do it and we run Martin. On defense, we want to blitz, but we have never developed the secondary adequately to hold up. And on and on and on

I have always loved Herm. He is having a rough year.

IMO it depends on how they end up. If they continue to tank...he should go. If they rebound then he gets one more shot.

Name a currently successful franchise-You can understand see what the philosophy of their organization is:

Philadelphia Eagles-Agressive and will sacrifice veteran leadership for youth and trust their own drafting capabilities.

New England Patriots-Look for smart versatile players that will fit into teh team concept and will be coachable.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Hard nosed players that will be smart and physical.

Ny Jets-??? Well we want to be vertical in teh passing game, but we don't have the personnel to do it and we run Martin. On defense, we want to blitz, but we have never developed the secondary adequately to hold up. And on and on and on

Very true.

Identity, consistency, and having a concrete plan of attack is important for an organization. We don't seem to have a general scope of how we plan to win. Until everyone is on the same page, (i.e., we make a fresh start), we won't win. Period.

1st things first

Curtis Martin and Herm Edwards must go. Their butt love with each other is 1 of the reasons we're 2-7.

Fabini must go, Kendall too unless he wants to make the vets minimum :shock:

Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush and oh did I mention, Reggie Bush.

The problem with this offense is it has NOBODY to build around. Granted, Coles is a damn good WR and Adrian Jones is a pretty good LT, but this team lacks a special player on offense to build around. The defense has Abraham and Vilma. The offense has nobody. That needs to change. Reggie Bush is a special special player. Trade up if needed be, he's that damn good. QB in the 2nd rd (Drew Stanton), a dtackle and a center in rd 3. OT and OG in rd 4.

Following my plan, we are competitive in 2006 but finish with a 7-9 record, but 2008 is the year we explode and go after the division and deep into the playoffs.

1st things first

Curtis Martin and Herm Edwards must go. Their butt love with each other is 1 of the reasons we're 2-7.

Fabini must go, Kendall too unless he wants to make the vets minimum :shock:

Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush and oh did I mention, Reggie Bush.

The problem with this offense is it has NOBODY to build around. Granted, Coles is a damn good WR and Adrian Jones is a pretty good LT, but this team lacks a special player on offense to build around. The defense has Abraham and Vilma. The offense has nobody. That needs to change. Reggie Bush is a special special player. Trade up if needed be, he's that damn good. QB in the 2nd rd (Drew Stanton), a dtackle and a center in rd 3. OT and OG in rd 4.

Following my plan, we are competitive in 2006 but finish with a 7-9 record, but 2008 is the year we explode and go after the division and deep into the playoffs.

So I'm guessing, in your plan, you are hired as GM?

SCott Dierking has said it before, but it needs repeating-bring in a young hungry GM-Tom Heckert or Scott Pioli or somebody like that. In each case, you have to give them total free reign. And let them pick the coach. And step away.

Archived