With the 30th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

DFlo

Hey guys,

I'm running an interactive mock draft with the fan forums of all NFL teams where the fans get to vote and make the pick for their respective team.

So far the fans have voted:

Carolina - Fairley

Denver - Dareus

Buffalo - Newton

Cincinnati - Green

Arizona - Bowers

Cleveland - Peterson

San Francisco - Von Miller

Tennessee - Blaine Gabbert

Cowboys - Prince Amukamara

Redskins - Julio Jones

Texans - Robert Quinn

Vikings - Ryan Mallett

Lions - Tyron Smith

Rams - Aldon Smith

Dolphins - Mark Ingram

Jaguars - Christian Ponder

Patriots - JJ Watt

Chargers - Cameron Jordan

Giants - Anthony Castonzo

Bucs - Ryan Kerrigan

Chiefs - Phil Taylor

Colts - Derek Sherrod

Eagles - Gabe Carimi

Saints - Cameron Heyward

Seahawks - Mike Pouncey

Ravens - Jimmy Smith

Falcons - Brandon Harris

Patriots - Muhammad Wilkerson

Bears - Corey Liuget

Jets - ???

You can vote for the player you want the Bears to select in this poll:

Interactive Mock

Also, if you write a short 3-sentence description as to why this player should be drafted in this thread, I will pick out the best write-up and post it in the mock draft section along with your name!

***Also for mods, I hope you don't see this as spam. I am just trying to get the right fans to vote for their team, so we get the right mock draft. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Adrian Clayborn, despite the issues with his shoulder. The Jets will be desperate for OLB help, but I think they'll get scared off of Houston because of the Gholston comparisons and they won't draft Akeem Ayers because of the alleged "soft" label. If there's one thing the last two drafts under Rex have proven, it's that Rex is prioritizing bringing in die-hard football players regardless of their Combine numbers. Clayborn's a tough SOB.

I say Brooks Reed,Jets Need front 7 help I rather a DE for 3-4 but considering the following picks they would have to get a LB. Brooks Reed reminds me of Clay Matthews,he ran the fastest 10 yard split at the combine and it was only .05 slower then Clays. Jets need a player that is explosive like that.

I say Brooks Reed,Jets Need front 7 help I rather a DE for 3-4 but considering the following picks they would have to get a LB. Brooks Reed reminds me of Clay Matthews,he ran the fastest 10 yard split at the combine and it was only .05 slower then Clays. Jets need a player that is explosive like that.

Blah Combine numbers blahhhhh

YouTube Reed, bro. He's a 4-3 end, IMO. Moves laterally about as well as a refrigerator. Matthews runs like a SS.

Funny thing. In reading all this draft stuff, it's become clear that Clay Matthews has done for the Caucasian rush OLB what Larry Bird did for Caucasian small forwards.

Blah Combine numbers blahhhhh

YouTube Reed, bro. He's a 4-3 end, IMO. Moves laterally about as well as a refrigerator. Matthews runs like a SS.

Funny thing. In reading all this draft stuff, it's become clear that Clay Matthews has done for the Caucasian rush OLB what Larry Bird did for Caucasian small forwards.

Clayborn was 4-3 DE too

Phil Taylor...and I'd be pissed if the Pats got Wilkerson. That would be 2 years in a row they got the guy I really wanted right before us.

Phil Taylor already went to the Chiefs

So far Clayborn leads with 4 votes to Justin Houston's 3

Make sure to vote in the link!

So the guy who can't use his arm vs. the guy with the Gholston comparisons. Wonderful.

FWIW I would go Houston. For the sole reason that I think that at least one out of Pito/Dixon/Gilbert/MTV will end up being servicable.

Totally missed that...lol

I want nothing to do with Houston...reminds me of Gholston.

I'd flip a coin between Brooks Reed and Akeem Ayers...neither I'm thrilled about, but fill a need and have some potential.

Totally missed that...lol

I want nothing to do with Houston...reminds me of Gholston.

I'd flip a coin between Brooks Reed and Akeem Ayers...neither I'm thrilled about, but fill a need and have some potential.

Way to f*ck up the guy's poll, bro. He's gonna have to start all over again or find another Phil Taylor.

Ballard or Taylor...I consider them the softest of the front 7 guys who can go in the first round, but both are big and athletic as hell...

Wilkerson or Heyward would be my dream pick...preferably Wilkerson, who is from Union County (Linden) and therefore awesome.

I would have said Jabaal Sheard, but I figured everyone would say I'm nuts. I believe he is the best pass rusher in the draft

Don't think Sheard's the best pass rusher in the draft, but I think he might be the kind of guy they'd look for in an OLB. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the discussion at #30.

I would have said Jabaal Sheard, but I figured everyone would say I'm nuts. I believe he is the best pass rusher in the draft

In the same draft with Robert Quinn and Von Miller?

TomShane, Clayborne even acknowledging the shoulder problem? You want a guy with a gimpy shoulder in the first round right off the bat? He's already undersized for the 3-4 DE position...

TomShane, Clayborne even acknowledging the shoulder problem? You want a guy with a gimpy shoulder in the first round right off the bat? He's already undersized for the 3-4 DE position...

Boy, if there's any way we could get Quinn...

And those two reasons are exactly why I don't like Clayborn.

So many nice 5-techs and OLB's this draft, I almost think somebody has to fall. Some really interesting fits for the scheme will go earlier, but there should be a good option on the board at #30. Draft's creeping up too, super excited to see what they do. Wonder what the assumptions about what the new CBA will mean for rookie contracts (I believe they think rookie deals will be shorter) will mean for Mr. T's draft strategy (know he liked getting the first rounders because you could get an extra year on the rookie deals).

Ballard or Taylor...I consider them the softest of the front 7 guys who can go in the first round, but both are big and athletic as hell...

Wilkerson or Heyward would be my dream pick...preferably Wilkerson, who is from Union County (Linden) and therefore awesome.

I want Wilkerson or Taylor...if we cant get one of them...I dont really care.

I didn't pick Clayborn here because I'm in deep, dark love with him, I picked him because he seems like the kind of guy Rex would pick. If the last two drafts told us anything, its that Rex isn't afraid to draft tough guys with question marks.

If I was drafting for the Jets, I'm trading down three times and bringing in 8-10 athletes that Rex could coach up to be serviceable contributors. I don't think there's one giant, glaring hole on this team that they should be desperate to fill in the first round.

says the man who wants a 4-3 RDE for the Jets

Reed is not like Matthews, he's more like Orakpo.

Clayborn's as big as Shaun Ellis and Mike DeVito, no?

My issue with Reed would be trying to convert him to OLB. If we're taking an OLB, we need to get one that's versatile and can turn and run with TE's IF he's not going to get to the QB 15 times. Unless you're saying Reed is a 12-15 sack guy, I'd rather bring in a Julian Peterson-type. Enough of the Bryan Thomases and Vernon Gholstons of the world.

Caveat: In Baltimore, Rex used Jarret Johnson opposite Suggs, so maybe he has no need for an LB that does little more than set the edge. We'll see.

Thank you for the description derp - I added to it a little bit, but you were given credit for it. It was the closest thing I could find to a pro-Justin Houston description :)

The results are updated! You can see who your team selected here:

Interactive Mock Results

You can see the voting breakdown in the Voting History tab!

And feel free to bookmark that page and continue voting guys - we do one team every day! The Pittsburgh Steelers are now OTC.

Clayborn's as big as Shaun Ellis and Mike DeVito, no?

My issue with Reed would be trying to convert him to OLB. If we're taking an OLB, we need to get one that's versatile and can turn and run with TE's IF he's not going to get to the QB 15 times. Unless you're saying Reed is a 12-15 sack guy, I'd rather bring in a Julian Peterson-type. Enough of the Bryan Thomases and Vernon Gholstons of the world.

Caveat: In Baltimore, Rex used Jarret Johnson opposite Suggs, so maybe he has no need for an LB that does little more than set the edge. We'll see.

He's almost 10 lbs lighter than Ellis is listed, and almost 25 lbs lighter than DeVito is listed.

If I was drafting for the Jets, I'm trading down three times and bringing in 8-10 athletes that Rex could coach up to be serviceable contributors. I don't think there's one giant, glaring hole on this team that they should be desperate to fill in the first round.

IMO, when you don't have any glaring holes, you don't WANT 8-10 guys to coach up. You have those sh*t heads already. You want ONE beast that could be considerably better than the servicable contributors you already have. The main caveat here is with all the free agents and the lack of CBA the team is going to be filled with holes on draft day.

IMO, when you don't have any glaring holes, you don't WANT 8-10 guys to coach up. You have those sh*t heads already. You want ONE beast that could be considerably better than the servicable contributors you already have. The main caveat here is with all the free agents and the lack of CBA the team is going to be filled with holes on draft day.

Honkytonk! My premise is that you use the picks to upgrade the middle third of your roster--get a real, in-line TE, get a young DE prospect, a safety that can run, etc, when you don't have that pressing need to get one player at 30 who likely won't make the starting line-up anyway.

I didn't pick Clayborn here because I'm in deep, dark love with him, I picked him because he seems like the kind of guy Rex would pick. If the last two drafts told us anything, its that Rex isn't afraid to draft tough guys with question marks.

I just think Clayborne's not even the best late first 3-4 DE prospect on his own team. I do completely agree that trading down for more picks would be best case. I'd like to come away with one of the two jumbo DTs who seem to be 4-7 round pick kinda guys...Powe from Ole Miss and Ellis from Hampton...and it'd be more likely to happen if there were more picks.

Archived