Anyone buying this?

Gainzo

Really Ben, really?

In one of the clearest signs yet of Ben Roethlisberger laboring to change his reputation, the Steelers quarterback has told a Pittsburgh newspaper that his religious beliefs preclude him from living with his fiancee.

Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that his fiancee, Ashley Harlan, lives at home with her parents, and that the couple’s religious faith and beliefs are the reasons for not living together until marriage.

That’s quite a change for Roethlisberger, who developed a reputation as a womanizer over the first six seasons of his NFL career and who has twice been accused of sexual assault.

Now Roethlisberger says he’s a changed man, although he knows some people are skeptical of how much he has really changed.

“People will always have opinions of everybody and me, and that’s fine, they’re entitled,” Roethlisberger said. “But people who know her, know me, know us . . . people can say that it is whatever, but people who know and can see and are around us and know me, know that it’s something special when you find that person, and I’m extremely lucky.”

Roethlisberger’s wedding is scheduled for July 23. He says Harlan hopes the lockout will delay the start of training camp just long enough for a honeymoon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/07/religious-roethlisberger-wont-live-with-fiancee-before-marriage/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did they meet, in a bathroom stall?

I'm glad hes trying to clean up his act, but I seriously doubt he's changed for the better just like that.

All the better for Ben as he gets to live the single life right up until he is married. Woohoo!

I think the "finding religion" thing is a great gimmick for people like Ben and other criminals. So many people eat that $h!t up like there's no tomorrow so why not get as many people on your side as possible?

Pretty interesting religion that allows raping woman in the toilet but precludes living with your girlfriend until your married. On the bright side, by not living with your girlfriend gives you more time to go out and get your rape on.

His future wife is 27 years old and lives with her parents. Her parents must love Mr. Roethlisberger as they are letting their little girl get married to that POS. I wonder how they would feel if Ben made $20K a year? Me thinks they wouldn't approve.

His future wife is 27 years old and lives with her parents. Her parents must love Mr. Roethlisberger as they are letting their little girl get married to that POS. I wonder how they would feel if Ben made $20K a year? Me thinks they wouldn't approve.

I have three daughters, 9,13 and 22. Don;t care how much bank an accused rapist has, not getting near my little girls. Bullets pass thru rick folk too.

I have three daughters, 9,13 and 22. Don;t care how much bank an accused rapist has, not getting near my little girls. Bullets pass thru rick folk too.

Who's going to be the first to ask for pics?

I no expert on religion and i don't play one on TeeVee.

But when a rapist who goes scott free discovers religion and lives the rest of his life according to religious rules. Where does he end up in the after life ? Heaven or Hell ?

Or is he just positioning for the next big contract ? :)

God loves all of us. We just need to love him back.

I no expert on religion and i don't play one on TeeVee.

But when a rapist who goes scott free discovers religion and lives the rest of his life according to religious rules. Where does he end up in the after life ? Heaven or Hell ?

Or is he just positioning for the next big contract ? :)

Depends on the religion, I suppose. I just find it funnily self-seeking through selflessness to act good for any type of heaven. I prefer humanism, por lo general.

This reeks of bullsh*t, obviously.

But if he went to rehab (which I would've advised), it's very possible that he's clinging to some sort of god thru his new program. If the faith he grew up in precludes him from living in sin, it might not be an act.

If that were the case, though, you'd think there'd be a big public announcement about Ben's sobriety, and that hasn't happened (that I'm aware of).

So yeah, BS.

If Big Ben has discovered religion then I have discovered the wonderful delights of teh phallus...and I can assure you I have not.

Big Ben is a rapist...Im surprised he found a good 'Christian' girl to marry him. Her parents must be uber proud.

Archived