Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

I enjoy all the fishing for a modkill though. Fun stuff.

If you are talking about my Q&A with Jack its got nothing to do with fishing for a modkill... I'm trying to get him to make the rules more clear, the rules are a moving target right now. If we can't talk about role abilities, then (as you pointed out) how can a Cop even tell people he found scum? How can any roled player talk about how they've used their role? Seems pointless to even have roles if you can't share results...

Anyway, my thinking is that JC might not have been warned about his reveal details of finding scum with BG, because he IS the cop and how else would he be able to communicate he found scum if that level of detail wasn't permitted?

We really need Jack to tell us how and what can be discussed if the nature of our roles is only an asset to town is sharing the results garnered by using the abilities we can't tell anyone we have. Otherwise, unless there is going to be a HUGE balance discrepancy in this game... unless there's something nutty like 1 scum, highly doubt it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAAJO stands for you are a jerkoff.

How are we expected to play if we don't know the alignment of the people we've killed.

We're playing mafia whack-a-mole.

LOL. That was what AVM was for. If I understand it correctly, so long as AVM was alive then we would get alignment results for lynches and NKs. Now that he's dead we don't get it.

So, right now, we're fighting blind. In a couple of days we could be at miss-lynch & lose or 1 lynch away from victory and not know it. That's my problem with JC being allowed to live indefinately and essentially deciding who we lynch without any post-death proof that he was correct.

YAAJO stands for you are a jerkoff.

How are we expected to play if we don't know the alignment of the people we've killed.

We're playing mafia whack-a-mole.

Furthermore, as I stated in the longer post above... what is the point of having town roles, that are only valuable if they can share the results they get, and a rule stating that they will get modkilled if they hint their role?

To make it clear I am stating this as an example of my concerns with the setup:

If I were the town cop, but couldn't tell you that I had the finder ability, then how could I tell you who I found guilty and/or innocent... without getting modkill?

This pretty much applies to any town role... if you can't share results without getting modkilled, then the town roles are useless... and I would contend there is a serious game imbalance.

Does seem odd to me too. And no, Creepy Tin Man, A.I don't want anyone to be modkilled. I just don't get how he wasn't. I don't understand Jackie DD's set limit on this no ability reveal thing. Like Monkey said.. how is one ok and the other crossing the line? Where the hell is the line? B. By the way.. I've played no coroner games before and they are pure hell. I don't like them. You have no idea if you are anywhere close to winning, no idea if you killed off an important role and therefore are screwed on that too, no idea if what anyone said is true or not, and you can't even look at vote counts, past things a dead player said while alive, or anything.. because you get no info from a death. Nothing at all to go on except a majority finding a particular person scummy enough to get rid of. C. The only deaths you can look at to gain any info is night kills.

A. Yes you do.

B. I bet you're glad you're scum this time then, huh?

C. Do we still get results on night kills?

First, I have not, cannot, will not claim anything other than the X-ray technician. Assume what you want…but…I am town.

Vic, who was MIA at the time, wants to argue that I rolled over when I was at L-1. In fact, those who were here in that time may have seen something different. He looked at one post, ignored the others and obviously missed the significance.

@ Vic, my defense was strong enough to not get lynched.

LOL. That was what AVM was for. If I understand it correctly, so long as AVM was alive then we would get alignment results for lynches and NKs. Now that he's dead we don't get it.

So, right now, we're fighting blind. In a couple of days we could be at miss-lynch & lose or 1 lynch away from victory and not know it. That's my problem with JC being allowed to live indefinately and essentially deciding who we lynch without any post-death proof that he was correct.

it makes no sense.. that's a HUGE advantage for you and your scummates to have.

If you are talking about my Q&A with Jack its got nothing to do with fishing for a modkill... I'm trying to get him to make the rules more clear, the rules are a moving target right now. If we can't talk about role abilities, then (as you pointed out) how can a Cop even tell people he found scum? How can any roled player talk about how they've used their role? Seems pointless to even have roles if you can't share results...

Anyway, my thinking is that JC might not have been warned about his reveal details of finding scum with BG, because he IS the cop and how else would he be able to communicate he found scum if that level of detail wasn't permitted?

We really need Jack to tell us how and what can be discussed if the nature of our roles is only an asset to town is sharing the results garnered by using the abilities we can't tell anyone we have. Otherwise, unless there is going to be a HUGE balance discrepancy in this game... unless there's something nutty like 1 scum, highly doubt it.

Well I'll break it down to make it official.

You can reveal any role name just not ability. JC claimed he was an x-ray tech. He then said his eight-ball was accurate at night and it said BG was scum. Nothing more. Those to events are different and doesn't constitute a ability reveal.

Vic said he could pic up the eight ball and the town could move on. That is dancing the line of a ability claim.

See where I'm coming from?

First, I have not, cannot, will not claim anything other than the X-ray technician. Assume what you want…but…I am town.

Vic, who was MIA at the time, wants to argue that I rolled over when I was at L-1. In fact, those who were here in that time may have seen something different. He looked at one post, ignored the others and obviously missed the significance.

@ Vic, my defense was strong enough to not get lynched.

You must be erased. I don't care if it's you or loquacious BG first but both of you need to die wid a quickness.

A. Yes you do.

She's definitely scum... maybe we kill her and shelve this BG and JC thing until tomorrow to see what happens with the NKs? Also gives Jack some time to finish writing the rules to the game...

She's definitely scum... maybe we kill her and shelve this BG and JC thing until tomorrow to see what happens with the NKs? Also gives Jack some time to finish writing the rules to the game...

and you... why don't you put a sock in it Casper. You should be dead if not for Jack D drinking too much Jack D.

you're a ghost... you should stfu and be happy you aren't the one frying.

The rules are written up. Peoples perception and their unfamiliarity with the set up make it seem like they are in flux when in fact the lines are clearly drawn.

The rules are written up. Peoples perception and their unfamiliarity with the set up make it seem like they are in flux when in fact the lines are clearly drawn.

what kind of fancy double talk is this? don't patronize us!

Well I'll break it down to make it official.

You can reveal any role name just not ability. JC claimed he was an x-ray tech. He then said his eight-ball was accurate at night and it said BG was scum. Nothing more. Those to events are different and doesn't constitute a ability reveal.

Vic said he could pic up the eight ball and the town could move on. That is dancing the line of a ability claim.

See where I'm coming from?

No I don't see where you are coming from.

Jetscode used the 8-ball as an analogy for his ability, but because it wasn't literal you let it pass.

Vic used Jetscode's analogy of the 8-ball to essentially talk about being next in-line for the same ability... and you gave a warning.

What if I were to make up an analogy right now, or perhaps a metaphor, for the ability that I may or may not possess... then what?

Most important rule of this game right now, is the one determining how townies can utilize their roles without being modkilled... and the rule is a moving target open to interpretation on a per-case basis. How does this NOT put town at a disadvantage?

We have to content with NK's from scum, not being able to talk about our roles, not being able to share the results of our roles without risk of Modkill, and we won't learn alignment on death scenes.

Honestly, if there isn't 1 scum... the game has no balance.

Yeah let's just get on with it...

UNVOTE VOTE BG

Awesome ******* decision. Whoever the real cop is, thanks a lot for sitting with your thumb up your a$$. I hope you dipsh*ts know better than to follow JC around and trade more than just one town for his a$$. No, not convenient at all that he disappears for days after his reveal while I'm getting all of the heat, while as more information comes out everything surrounding his situation reeks like sh*t and then shows up as soon as people start questioning his whereabouts. Only upside I guess is I don't have to deal with this sh*t-show of a game anymore. Good luck ****ers.

and you... why don't you put a sock in it Casper. You should be dead if not for Jack D drinking too much Jack D.

you're a ghost... you should stfu and be happy you aren't the one frying.

Your an idiot.

I'm trying to get clarity on the rules, so TOWN can actually leverage their roles in a way that restores some semblance of balance. Giving town a chance.... Why you would want me stifled makes sense in one scenario... you are scum.

Awesome ******* decision. Whoever the real cop is, thanks a lot for sitting with your thumb up your a$$. I hope you dipsh*ts know better than to follow JC around and trade more than just one town for his a$$. No, not convenient at all that he disappears for days after his reveal while I'm getting all of the heat, while as more information comes out everything surrounding his situation reeks like sh*t and then shows up as soon as people start questioning his whereabouts. Only upside I guess is I don't have to deal with this sh*t-show of a game anymore. Good luck ****ers.

your tears taste like chocolate.

It was for the best. I want to kill JC tomorrow fwiw. You will live in our hearts forever.

Technically, they weren't all written up... which is why I wasn't lynched.

I also couldn't find in the opening post the rule about fake reveals being treated the same as true reveals, which is why I asked and had you answer a number of posts back.

A. Yes you do.

A. Yes because you know every single game I've been in on these boards I'm scum. Right Monkey? Cause there hasn't been a game yet that I've played with him that he hasn't strongly believed I'm scum and gone after me.

B. I am not scum. I don't know how it would be like on that side as I've never been scum in a no coroner game and I'm not now. Take it to the bank.

C. Probably not but we can look at who the scum kill at night as innocent and look back at what they did, said, who interacted in what way with them.

Good job channeling the scum anger of Vic not being modkilled into feigned anger over there not being a counter claim. B+

I'm out of negative rep...but this certainly sounds like an insane quest for a$$-thermometer justice.

Don't worry, he's just setting up a wifom in case you investigated him tonight and saw he was scum.

Ahh life in Sacred Thrust, it was always something else. People were shouting at each other and couldn't really find a clear cut solution. Their arguments were the same things over and over again. "JC is a liar", "BG is scum", "this is getting hard, I hate you jack, the hospital guide" all of the arguments didn't matter because someone had to die. There were young practitioners here at the hospital and they needed a body to experiment. All fingers eventually pointed to BG. If not all a majority of them. They quickly slit BG's throat and sent him off to the trainee surgeons.

BG is dead. It is now night. Please send actions in titled N2 actions

Your an idiot.

I'm trying to get clarity on the rules, so TOWN can actually leverage their roles in a way that restores some semblance of balance. Giving town a chance.... Why you would want me stifled makes sense in one scenario... you are scum.

I want you stifled because you're a blowhard who gets things spectacularly wrong 99% of the time. I refuse to adhere to any course of action you lay out on principal alone. We're better off ignoring you or doing the complete opposite of whatever you suggest.

Your an idiot.

Maybe if people want to leverage their roles as much as they can, they should PM the mod and find out exactly how far they can go?

Archived